Koss Portapro Thread
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #712 of 1,312
No but marty does have 80s headphone around his neck in the movie. There was the scene when he put van halen on george mcfly's ear and claimed he was darth vader lol and portapro's design just screams 80s in an awesome way.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #713 of 1,312
hmmm I do have a spare cable from my Brainwavz Hm5 (the long cable)... It is of super ncie quality. is it difficult to recable portapro ? Would it negatively affect sound or weight of the headphone?
thanks for the input.

Btw. Is Portapro endgame for anyone ? Or should I just be looking at something else ? I do love the sund of portapro and have brainwavz hm5 for isolation needs when my gf is sleeping.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #714 of 1,312
The Porta Pro are the end game headphone for the price, but when modified and paired with the Tera player is a different story.
Some cables will change the sound, and keep in mind that they leak a little bit.Staying 2-3 m away from the bed she sleeps in will be fine.In a quiet room they are perfect and don't need much volume.
You can do many modifications on them if you are careful and know what you are doing.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #715 of 1,312
  hmmm I do have a spare cable from my Brainwavz Hm5 (the long cable)... It is of super ncie quality. is it difficult to recable portapro ? Would it negatively affect sound or weight of the headphone?
thanks for the input.

Btw. Is Portapro endgame for anyone ? Or should I just be looking at something else ? I do love the sund of portapro and have brainwavz hm5 for isolation needs when my gf is sleeping.

If you can stand the fit and afford it the Beyer DT1350 is light years beyond the PP. Isolates far better as well.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #716 of 1,312
DT1350 are beyond my price tag. They do look pretty nice tho.

The Porta Pro are the end game headphone for the price, but when modified and paired with the Tera player is a different story.
Some cables will change the sound, and keep in mind that they leak a little bit.Staying 2-3 m away from the bed she sleeps in will be fine.In a quiet room they are perfect and don't need much volume.
You can do many modifications on them if you are careful and know what you are doing.

I could see porta pro as my endgame.
All modifications they could benefit from are: new cable and maybe cushions made from different materials? But they would still have to be so flat. Just velour or something and not so hard feeling.

As for the noise. I am perfectly fine with them being open. We are moving in 6 moonths and we will finally have separate bedroom and living room so it won't be a problem then :)

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #717 of 1,312
There is always the used market.

The KSC75 is a better value than the PP as well. You need to find a headband for it to really get the most out of it though.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #718 of 1,312
There is always the used market.

The KSC75 is a better value than the PP as well. You need to find a headband for it to really get the most out of it though.

The portapro is like $30 new, you couldn't get KSC75 and a headband without spending that much I would think? And the headband is already on the portapro :p

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #719 of 1,312
The portapro is like $30 new, you couldn't get KSC75 and a headband without spending that much I would think? And the headband is already on the portapro
tongue.gif

If you look hard the KSC75 can be had for as little as 9.99, the KTX pro which is the same driver in a headband is about 25 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back