Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
May 2, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #991 of 1,437
Does anyone know of anyone that's done a detachable cable mod for the KSC75's or if it would even be possible to have the connectors in the actual chassis rather than hanging off a short wire?
I asked the same question a few pages back:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kos...-hidden-gem-hype.638757/page-62#post-14014415

Would love to know myself!

Update - Here's a post where someone made such a mod - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-707#post-14235826

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #992 of 1,437
So remember I noted that Amazon started selling a Parts Express headphone with a different headband:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1KCXKCQVLMZ44/

I believe I've found the OEM for this alternative headphone, AV Link SC27:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AV-Link-100-035UK-Avlink-Headphones/dp/B001MIY7XK/

s-l1600.jpg

This is cheap for those in the UK. For those in Canada or elsewhere, you can try eBay.

If the Amazon review is any indication, it should fit, but how snug over the "original" Parts Express headband is another question.

Decided to give it a try. Will report back to say if it worked or not.

So I received the AV Link SC27 headphone for use as a headband a few days ago and here's my update.

• The socket connecting the KSC75 driver to the headband is a little loose. This can be fixed with using the tinfoil mod to give it some extra width.
  • The metal headband uses a weaker aluminum than the Parts Express one. Feels more flimsy. I was able to replace the headband with an older one I had lying around from those cheap airplane headphones though.
  • The plastic housing for the headband uses a more, flexible plastic and is angled more straight, whereas the Parts Express one uses a sturdier plastic and is angled to give the headphone more of a clasp.
Here are some comparison photos:

KSC75 with our favorite Parts Express headband. Has an O-shaped clasp.

KSC75 with AV Link SC27 headband and replaced metalband. Has a N-shaped clasp.

So the AV Link SC27 headband is usable, but you'll have to make some modifications and some concessions. Use the Parts Express one if available.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #993 of 1,437
Long time member and user/fan of the 75s. I think I’ve been through probably half a dozen pairs in addition to the full-size headphones I have at home. I have a couple pairs now that have had a channel go out (99% cable as the culprit) - is there anyone here who I could contact for a recable?

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #994 of 1,437
Long time member and user/fan of the 75s. I think I’ve been through probably half a dozen pairs in addition to the full-size headphones I have at home. I have a couple pairs now that have had a channel go out (99% cable as the culprit) - is there anyone here who I could contact for a recable?
Koss

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #996 of 1,437
Fully aware, but might as well just buy a new pair which I've done a few times already. Since I have these perfectly good drivers that just need a recable, I was hoping to find someone here as it's a relatively painless job, I just don't have the tools and skills (re soldering) to do it myself. :) Cheers

I thought Koss has a lifetime warranty. They might just send you a new set...

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #997 of 1,437
I thought Koss has a lifetime warranty. They might just send you a new set...
You have to ship your headphones to Koss, plus include a check for return shipping.

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #998 of 1,437

I wish there was a thread for modders offering recabling services. I created a KSC75 thread in the FS/WTB forum, but only had maybe two people reply and those fell through the wayside (probably because I'm north of the border).

You have to ship your headphones to Koss, plus include a check for return shipping.
It's sometimes more effective to just wait for a sale than try to get the lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #999 of 1,437
I wish there was a thread for modders offering recabling services. I created a KSC75 thread in the FS/WTB forum, but only had maybe two people reply and those fell through the wayside (probably because I'm north of the border).

It's sometimes more effective to just wait for a sale than try to get the lifetime warranty.
Very true! Believe it or not, I purchased 8 or 9 pairs of the Radio Shack version about 10 years or so back. Gave some away, I still have a sealed pack of them somewhere. They were around $6 a set on a close out.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,000 of 1,437
Sep 6, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,001 of 1,437
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,004 of 1,437
Has anyone tried the Koss lifetime warranty without sending in the ear clips?

I tossed my ear clips away a long time ago, so I'm not sure if they'll send me a replacement if I tried to send them in.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,005 of 1,437
Just got my KSC75X, and I have to say, I think I like the normal KSC75 much better. The Massdrop edition's paint looks cheaper compared to the regular's metallic paint. Sound wise, there does not seem to be any difference either.

20181115_163522.jpg

20181115_164029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back