CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #10,591 of 31,833
Is it ok without mod? I have no intention of modding anything.
Well you must mod it.

Because once you go mod, the other headphone may let you down.

Blitzwolf sounds awesome after mod.(can take iem up to 200$)

And fostex iem sounds TOTL killer(compared to Andromeda on CSD(cumulative spectral decay) and frequency response)

May 12, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #10,592 of 31,833
Well you must mod it.

Because once you go mod, the other headphone may let you down.

Blitzwolf sounds awesome after mod.(can take iem up to 200$)

And fostex iem sounds TOTL killer(compared to Andromeda on CSD(cumulative spectral decay) and frequency response)

I do not need them if I would have to mod it. I cannot do it. My old fingers are too painful for those types of projects now.

I have enough nice iems, buds and headphones.

I was just curious..as always.

May 12, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #10,593 of 31,833
I do not need them if I would have to mod it. I cannot do it. My old fingers are too painful for those types of projects now.

I have enough nice iems, buds and headphones.

I was just curious..as always.

Other option is finding a modder near you and pay them to do the mod, like this, for instance
20180513_010908-01.jpeg

May 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #10,595 of 31,833
Other option is finding a modder near you and pay them to do the mod, like this, for instance

In this case I do not think it would be worth paying someone... and I would not want to bother my husband with it either. I just wondered how bad could it be.... considering that I have not modded anything I suppose I have some things that others would consider to be horrible!

May 12, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #10,597 of 31,833
In this case I do not think it would be worth paying someone... and I would not want to bother my husband with it either. I just wondered how bad could it be.... considering that I have not modded anything I suppose I have some things that others would consider to be horrible!

Not at all. I personally prefer to buy things and use them stock, i don't like to mod stuff if i can help it. like that ksc75, i only mod them because the cable is broken, so i figured might as well mod them, same cost to just fix the cable.

especially i would avoid buying something that needs to be modded just to sound good.

May 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #10,598 of 31,833
like that ksc75, i only mod them because the cable is broken

Well I suppose I modded my ksc75 because I put the parts express headband on it :)

AND I taped the headband into position so it would not change size adjustment so easily.

May 12, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #10,600 of 31,833
Nice! Is that a removable cable mod for the KSC75?

Wish someone near me could do this mod for me!

May 12, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #10,601 of 31,833
Nice! Is that a removable cable mod for the KSC75?

Wish someone near me could do this mod for me!

Yes, mmcx mod

May 12, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #10,602 of 31,833
Is there any guide or tutorial of how to do these mods for the Blitzwolf? I'm interested now lol
Just google "Blitzwolf BW-ES1 mod" :wink:

May 12, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #10,603 of 31,833
So let's do a little saturday question. :D

What is your guilty pleasure IEM?
An IEM you keep on coming back to, even though it's technically or pricewise not the best or most impressive IEM you have? You know it's not the greatest, but you keep on coming back to it once in a while.

For me, it's the KZ ATE. It was my first and only chi-fi from the beginning of 2017 to mid 2017, and I loved every damn song I played on them. Their bassy, nightlike sound, with warm notes just as loud as the vocals: everything sounded great on them. Now I know the mids and highs can be much better and natural, and there's such a thing as great instrument placement and soundstage. I didn't back then - but I still enjoy the ATE when I pick it up again.

And yours? :)

KZ ZS6 :ksc75smile:

ZioZ30U.jpg

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #10,604 of 31,833
Oh, my ears hurt when I just look at this :xf_eek:
I mean the triple flange, not the treble :D
First thing I´ve done with these triple flanges.. I just cut the smallest flange, but that depends on your ear canal ofc.

And my guilty pleasure IEM? modded Blitzwolf ES1
Despite not being perfect, I´am still amazed with the performance of this graphene driver, especially for 12 bucks, lol.
To be honest, I sold my RE400 shortly after my Blitzwolf was born.

d❤.❤b

blitzwolf.JPG

May 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #10,605 of 31,833
I might take a look at the Blitzwolf as I'm not afraid to try modding. I was impressed by their bluetooth speaker even though it has short comings (low volume)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back