Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 31, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #916 of 1,437
Thanks Happytalk,

Unfortunately, that's not it - the guy bought from the "headfi-er that sells them (in the U.K.? )" - i.e. they came direct from Parts Express. So he had the headband only (no drivers to remove).

He's aware that others with exactly the same headband and Porta Pros had no problem. He was just intrigued as to whether Koss ever made changes to the Porta Pros (perhaps regionally?).

Anyway - no big deal.

C.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #917 of 1,437
Thanks for clarifying. I’m definitely more out of the loop these days. I’d like to crowdsource a nicer looking headband design, to be honest. Either way, I think the sportapros on the parts express style headband have the best sound. Even better than the stock portapros. Although the ksc 75 is the best value in headphone hi-fi for sure. Sportapros can usually be found for $5-8 more and are worth it, in my opinion. The stock sportapro headband makes them too bassy, to my ears. Ymmv

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #918 of 1,437
Has anyone done a removable cable mod on the KSC75s? Just curious :)

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #919 of 1,437
The reason the porta pros didn’t fit is likely because the user pulled out the small headphones from the parts express headband (headphones) and may have bent the part that you click the porta pros etc into. It’s hard to bend it back without breaking it.

My sportapro drivers are falling out of my parts express headband pretty easily. I'm not sure if it has gotten worse over time. Regardless, I just put a film of paper towel in the clip which seems to have solved the issue to my satisfaction (I know, I'm a "modding king" lol).

In response to an earlier comment asking about sportapros vs ksc75’s in the parts express headband. I have always had both. I always reach for my sportapros. The ksc75 is nice, but compared to the sportspros they have granier treble and are just more dry and less natural. The sportapro on the parts express headband is ideal. Very natural, and more hi fi to me. Slightly more bass too. Worth the extra $5-10 in my opinion.

+1. Exactly how I feel.

Either way, I think the sportapros on the parts express style headband have the best sound. Even better than the stock portapros. Although the ksc 75 is the best value in headphone hi-fi for sure. Sportapros can usually be found for $5-8 more and are worth it, in my opinion. The stock sportapro headband makes them too bassy, to my ears. Ymmv

+1 again! :)

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #921 of 1,437
Damn! Is the Zeos effect real? If so, will the price of the KSC75s go up? :k701smile:

Some notes:
  • In the video, Zeos claims he's the reason that the PortaPros went up in price. Probably kidding, but who knows!
  • Says that the KSC75s are better than the PortaPros. Well, everyone in this thread knows that! :)
  • Says that if you had no money that the KSC75s as your open headphone and the Monoprice Retros as your closed headphone would cover all your bases for headphones. Guess I need to check out the Monoprice Retros.
  • I agree with him that if Koss tried to create a better version of this can with a replaceable cable and better build quality, these things would make 99% of headphones irrelevant. Kind of a coincidence that I mentioned my request for a replaceable cable a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #922 of 1,437
I’d like to crowdsource a nicer looking headband design, to be honest.

+1. Although the Parts Xpress headband is decent, would love to see what someone can do with a 3D printer.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #924 of 1,437
Bought my KSC75 in 2012 for $5.50 plus tax, on sale Office Depot. Just saw them for $20.00 at the local computer store.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #926 of 1,437
My Koss KSC75 arrived Monday. I have been burning them in and listening to them all week. Really loving the sound and the comfort...although the clips are a bit awkward with glasses AND long hair. The parts express headband arrived today. but I have not been able to try it yet because I cannot get the clips off. I am afraid I will break something... either the connector or my fingers :frowning2: Looks like I might have to wait until my husband gets home from work Sunday evening...hope HE doesn't break them...

Mar 10, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #927 of 1,437
My Koss KSC75 arrived Monday. I have been burning them in and listening to them all week. Really loving the sound and the comfort...although the clips are a bit awkward with glasses AND long hair. The parts express headband arrived today. but I have not been able to try it yet because I cannot get the clips off. I am afraid I will break something... either the connector or my fingers :frowning2: Looks like I might have to wait until my husband gets home from work Sunday evening...hope HE doesn't break them...
The headband will make a huge difference. Your equipment list just keeps getting longer MB. Lol. Enjoy!

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #929 of 1,437
Hi Mrs Wilson, you just have to be firm. I don't know of anyone who has broken them by taking them off.

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #930 of 1,437
Hi Mrs Wilson, you just have to be firm. I don't know of anyone who has broken them by taking them off.

Thanks... at this point I am more worried about my fingers! Stiff and sore from trying. I was not sure just how to grab or where to apply the pressure. I may as well just wait until tomorrow night and ask my husband to help. Men like to do that right? LOL

I don't hate the clips. I just hate having to tuck all my hair behind my ear. I did hear a good tip on youtube. Probably everyone else knew this but it is best to take glasses off first, put on the clips then put the glasses back on. Doing it that way made it a little easier. I was just eager to try the headband once it arrived I do wonder if they will slide more on my head with that. I do like how secure they are with the clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back