Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Oct 10, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #498 of 1,681
Lithium batteries are classified as Dangerous Goods and can't be sent by Air outside Australia by Australia Post, only by an approved freight company.
An estimated cost for 10 players to either the US or UK is around $130-140 AUD.
The other option is to falsify the customs declaration and given that the majority of air freight leaving Australia is scanned and xrayed you would end up getting the player sent back to you, loosing the freight cost and possibly copping a fine for making a false declaration. All the info is from someone who works for Australia Post and got caught trying to send a laptop overseas. AUS Post have also changed the rules so even surface mail (ship) Is out.

thanks, thats scary T__T

Doesn't sound bad at all. This thing must output such a clean sound. Volume is at 29/31
Might be the 2 glasses of wine I've had. Improves SQ by 30%

niceeee, does changing glasses affect sound :-?

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #500 of 1,681
Ritmix RF-7650 output power is 5 + 5 mW @ 32 Ohm shown in its website

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #502 of 1,681
  thanks, thats scary T__T

niceeee, does changing glasses affect sound :-?

Yes of course, drinking from crystal gives an additional +15% in SQ, its a well known fact

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #503 of 1,681
Just got msg from a friend who contacted some forwarding service agent in Australia ...about sending Kogan over to Malaysia ....one unit is 77 AUD ( all in ) ....way too expensive

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #504 of 1,681
Finally got some time to properly try the kogan player. Honestly for the price it's really impressive. for a device under $50 this produce a much cleaner output on it's headphone out compared to an ipod touch using a line out dock. it's really something. The sound is really2 clean and quite detailed. Truly a great find. If they make the build quality better and better UI I have no problem to pay up to $200 for this sound quality.

An amplifier definitely makes things better, I'm using it with an RSA intruder and it's quite something. It's so small and light it feels like I've just attached an LCD screen to the intruder lols :)

It may sounds crazy pairing a $30 player with $700 portable amp but hey I just turned my good amp into a DAP with just $30 with hardly any extra bulk

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #505 of 1,681
I would interpret the following link to Aust. Post as being able to send a lithium battery as long as its in the original equipment that it comes in, and complies with the packaging rules.
Unaccompanied batteries  are a no no.
This would put Australia Post in line with some other countries' postal rules regarding lithium batteries.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/my-deliveries-terms-conditions.html

(However Auspost website is a bit of a mess with dangerous goods info pdf from 2009 etc see below)
mad.gif

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/dangerous-prohibited-goods-packaging-post-guide.pdf

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #507 of 1,681
Lithium batteries are classified as Dangerous Goods and can't be sent by Air outside Australia by Australia Post, only by an approved freight company.
An estimated cost for 10 players to either the US or UK is around $130-140 AUD.
The other option is to falsify the customs declaration and given that the majority of air freight leaving Australia is scanned and xrayed you would end up getting the player sent back to you, loosing the freight cost and possibly copping a fine for making a false declaration. All the info is from someone who works for Australia Post and got caught trying to send a laptop overseas. AUS Post have also changed the rules so even surface mail (ship) Is out.

so what about i carrying by myself the kogan from aussie to another country? it's okay? sorry for my bad english lol :D

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #508 of 1,681
Colorfly C3 is more natural and closer towards neutral (whereas Kogan leans slightly cool / thin), C3 sounds a little more refined too, it will not match the raw detail Kogan pushes out however has its own aspects and vibe. In short, Kogan sounds cleaner / clearer but C3 has a worthy personality of its own.

Pushing Kogan aside as you said getting one yourself is awkward I can tell you C3 is a fabulous player, one I've never sold. Many players have come such as Cowons (S9, D2+, C2 J3) Hifiman HM-601, several iPods but I sold them all because I personally feel C3 sounds better. Just remember C3 is a very basic player, you'll only play by folder one at a time, though it's price to performance ratio is impressive. (it will make a good alternative)

Btw: Members might have seen I have ordered FiiO X1, I want to see how Kogan fairs too.. Even though we now have two people submit impressions its no match for Kogan.

Those who have heard both X1 and Kogan, do you feel X1 can pull away when amping from line out?

thanks for the help. If the c3 had database I wouldn't think twice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back