Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #47,206 of 63,916
If we only look at the graph, the terminator will be a smooth in the treble as there is a dip in the 8k region which can be "shouty" on certain songs.

I dont think those graphs are real...

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #47,207 of 63,916
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #47,209 of 63,916
or ten hours...

0F2D94AA-C2B9-43CC-9E2E-D8E2FAFB9F29.jpeg

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #47,210 of 63,916
I've taken the ZS7 on a plane and it did really well, good isolation and the extra bass helped keep out the airplane noise. I think the CA4 would be a good travel IEM-it's got a good amount of bass and if something happened to it it wouldn't be a huge loss...

I haven't had any problems using my ZS10 Pro with in-flight entertainment during long haul flights on EVA Air, Lufthansa, Air Canada and United. I have not tried using the ZS7 during flights but I suspect it would do fairly well. I find it to be sensitive enough for most sources but they do sound better when properly amp'd.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #47,211 of 63,916
So far it's pretty good I think : V2 rev 3 for work, Einsear T2 as backup (ppl happen to talk to me often, which is incredibly annoying. So no over the ear as it's cumbersome). I'd loved to have a crescent but I pulled the trigger too late and 2 sellers accepted my offer but finally cancelled as it was sold out.

Only let down in my journey was **** (horrible) and somewhat the ZS10 pro which I think is overrated, but happy to have it for **** conditions to not risk another one, it's "ok, C-" in my book.

Also, I meant to ask, do you think it is worth buying a V2 rev 3 if you already have a V2 rev 1 and a CNT-1?

And is the **** really that horrible? I am looking for a transit IEM to test against the V80 / KZ7, and the **** are cheap right now.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #47,212 of 63,916
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #47,216 of 63,916
oh but it was never that expensive was it?

Nope, it was in the ‘good ol days’, when KZs were $4, $7, $9, etc.

I remember when the 1st KZ hit $13-$14, and we all thought the world was gonna end! Now they’re hitting $40, $60, even $100+!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #47,218 of 63,916
Also, I meant to ask, do you think it is worth buying a V2 rev 3 if you already have a V2 rev 1 and a CNT-1?

And is the **** really that horrible? I am looking for a transit IEM to test against the V80 / KZ7, and the **** are cheap right now.

**** are great fun to listen!
The stage is perceived as hugely spacious (spatially distorted for me, but I do enjoy listening to piano duets sounding three-dimensional); the timbre is off.
As long as you do not expect **** to be 100% realistic, it can be most fun IEM experience ever and for under $20, it is a winner for me in a "fun" category.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #47,219 of 63,916
Hey, so I've got new KZ7, and it's an interesting IEM.

But my main problem is I'm finding some of the peaks and highs to be too much. It's also pretty boomy. Can anyone tell me the absolute best tips to use to tame the KZ7's peaks? It's my number one priority with these IEMs.

Am I talking foam here, or spinfits, or something else?
If you're not scared to try foams, I would try the Newbee foam tips. I use em on all my iems, except for my TFZ NO.3 (Spinfit CP145 large on those...because I find this set kinda dark sounding and like a bit more upper mids and treble). For everything else I own, Newbee foams are the best for me. Very soft, spongy memory foam, that is smooth in the ear, unlike Comply or Dekoni, which I find very rough and uncomfortable. The Newbees are like a cross between a silicone and a foam, imo. Great comfort, clean up easy, and can be worn for hours. They also seem to tame any peaks in the highs, yet still allow all the details to come through.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #47,220 of 63,916
If you're not scared to try foams, I would try the Newbee foam tips. I use em on all my iems, except for my TFZ NO.3 (Spinfit CP145 large on those...because I find this set kinda dark sounding and like a bit more upper mids and treble). For everything else I own, Newbee foams are the best for me. Very soft, spongy memory foam, that is smooth in the ear, unlike Comply or Dekoni, which I find very rough and uncomfortable. The Newbees are like a cross between a silicone and a foam, imo. Great comfort, clean up easy, and can be worn for hours. They also seem to tame any peaks in the highs, yet still allow all the details to come through.
I like the Newbee eartips as well, includes a carrying case too which is pretty nice for how cheap they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back