1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. igorneumann
    I dont think those graphs are real...

2. Assimilator702
    Mmmmm. More like 10 days.

ShakyJake and HungryPanda like this.
  3. mbwilson111
    or ten hours...

4. KimChee
    I've taken the ZS7 on a plane and it did really well, good isolation and the extra bass helped keep out the airplane noise. I think the CA4 would be a good travel IEM-it's got a good amount of bass and if something happened to it it wouldn't be a huge loss...

5. ShakeThoseCans
    Also, I meant to ask, do you think it is worth buying a V2 rev 3 if you already have a V2 rev 1 and a CNT-1?

And is the DT6 really that horrible? I am looking for a transit IEM to test against the V80 / KZ7, and the DT6 are cheap right now.

6. Slater
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  7. mbwilson111
    No.

8. mbwilson111
    oh but it was never that expensive was it?

9. Slater
    Nope, it was in the ‘good ol days’, when KZs were $4, $7, $9, etc.

I remember when the 1st KZ hit $13-$14, and we all thought the world was gonna end! Now they’re hitting $40, $60, even $100+!

10. mbwilson111
    a tiny bit less than what they want now for this other thing... lol

11. PhonoPhi
    DT6 are great fun to listen!
    The stage is perceived as hugely spacious (spatially distorted for me, but I do enjoy listening to piano duets sounding three-dimensional); the timbre is off.
    As long as you do not expect DT6 to be 100% realistic, it can be most fun IEM experience ever and for under $20, it is a winner for me in a "fun" category.

ShakeThoseCans and gbrgbr like this.
  12. courierdriver
    If you're not scared to try foams, I would try the Newbee foam tips. I use em on all my iems, except for my TFZ NO.3 (Spinfit CP145 large on those...because I find this set kinda dark sounding and like a bit more upper mids and treble). For everything else I own, Newbee foams are the best for me. Very soft, spongy memory foam, that is smooth in the ear, unlike Comply or Dekoni, which I find very rough and uncomfortable. The Newbees are like a cross between a silicone and a foam, imo. Great comfort, clean up easy, and can be worn for hours. They also seem to tame any peaks in the highs, yet still allow all the details to come through.

13. genck
    I like the Newbee eartips as well, includes a carrying case too which is pretty nice for how cheap they are.

LaughMoreDaily and courierdriver like this.