Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 12, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #36,946 of 64,160
On their AE page, they showed the graph below. I hope that it is not very accurate; otherwise, the ZSN is going to sound weird :)

HTB1Rl35XffsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXaj.jpg

Am I the only one that finds this graph as not only wrong but pretty close to impossible? I have never seen a driver that managed an inverse roll-off and actually increased through the entire sub-bass range. Combine that with a near linear cut off at 9k and I'm calling BS on this one. Something very wrong with the test instrumentation and yet another example of why measurements should never be looked at as gospel.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #36,947 of 64,160
Am I the only one that finds this graph as not only wrong but pretty close to impossible? I have never seen a driver that managed an inverse roll-off and actually increased through the entire sub-bass range. Combine that with a near linear cut off at 9k and I'm calling BS on this one. Something very wrong with the test instrumentation and yet another example of why measurements should never be looked at as gospel.

I just assumed that someone told the graphic artists to just give them a cool looking pink squiggly line on a black background so it could be included in the advertising:) I rarely assume they are real unless someone explains how they came up with it. But even when they are real I just scroll past. A graph will never tell me how something will sound to me. I would rather trust the impressions of someone who seems to have similar taste.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #36,949 of 64,160
Looks like an uncompensated frequency graph to me.
As are most. Audiobudget, ThePhonograph, crinacle, Reference Audio Analyzer etc. InnerFidelity and Rtings compensate, but that's an exception. It's a Harman graph (IE 2017 is the one for IEMs), that's how it's supposed to look, excepting the roll off at 5kHz and completely at 10kHz. Otherwise, it's great.
180603-Overlaid%20Harman%20target-responses.png

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #36,951 of 64,160
KZ - stop stuffing treble BA inside the nozzle right behind mesh!
Secondly, KZ - You should concentrate on midrange BAs as Your DDs (ZS4 for example) are already quite impressive if implemented well.
Thirdly, KZ - Start fine-tuning Your treble BAs by damping, positioning and tuning (but tuning of BA needs also some refinement yet).

Otherwise... no progress, just pumping money from ppl with mediocre IEMs (in context of h-fi). And instead ppl buying newer models (seems like endless), they should put money to higher price level with other brands.

BTW! Seems that ZSN is using same newer DD with green shell as inside ZS4. That gives hope that ZSN is not so bassy as shown on ZSN graph (which is ridiculous and should be avoided).

They are different. From their ad pics:
ZS4 = 8mm "Liquid crystal molecules Polymerized membrane"
ZSN = 10mm "self-developed titanium film dynamic"

I can't put my finger on something that I didn't hear yet but I agree on most of the topics. Spamming IEMs make them age like cheese instead of wine. Another example is TFZ which looks like a Game of Thrones season with every month a new king and queen.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #36,953 of 64,160
They are different. From their ad pics:
ZS4 = 8mm "Liquid crystal molecules Polymerized membrane"

Another example is TFZ which looks like a Game of Thrones season with every month a new king and queen.

Liquid crystal? As in LCD? I wonder if that’s a mistake, or if something got lost in the Chinglish trans-ration.

As far as TFZ, I totally agree! A friendly $20 bet says a “TFZ Prince” model is coming by EOY

Haha

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #36,954 of 64,160
KZ has launched a new lightning cable with Mfi certification . Under <15 usd. I am not expecting wonders at this price, something close to the apple lighning dongle would be great.

HTB1xdxSXA95K1Rjt_biq6xzbVXan.jpg

I’ve been waiting for someone to pick one up and report its results.

I think the fact it doesn’t have an iOS 3-button mic was a serious mistake.

I mean, I always prefer no-mic cables to mic cables. But I imagine the majority of regular consumers that are going to use a KZ on an iPhone would want an iPhone compatible remote. I mean, KZ went through the trouble to develop the cable and license MiFi certification. So not adding an iOS 3-button mic is like buying a new car that doesn’t include any windows. Sure, you can still drive it, but most people that want to drive a car would want windows.

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #36,955 of 64,160
Liquid crystal? As in LCD? I wonder if that’s a mistake, or if something got lost in the Chinglish trans-ration.

Sony MDR-EX1000 has liquid crystal polymer drivers (whatever that exactly means) so probably no chinglish here.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #36,956 of 64,160
KZ has launched a new lightning cable with Mfi certification . Under <15 usd. I am not expecting wonders at this price, something close to the apple lighning dongle would be great.

HTB1xdxSXA95K1Rjt_biq6xzbVXan.jpg

I'm more interested in that improved Y-split.

e608a5c7-1fb9-4f3e-83e6-9c72f975b5d3.jpg

It may not be as handsome as the current block-of-rubber......

HTB1y7p0lamWBuNjy1Xaq6xCbXXax.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

.....but I bet it won't catch on "absolutely everything"!

People can say what they will about the simplicity of the design but kudo's to KZ for choosing function over form and going back to basics!

Basics:

I spent nine and a half hours with this cable several days ago and didn't have to think about it, not even ONCE. No adjusting and no annoyances.

HTB1LdGXRpXXXXX0XpXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

The cable fit neatly inside the channel of my silicone earhooks as well. The pretty 8-core and 16-core cables will probably be too thick to stay inside the channel.

HTB1vXisQVXXXXXNXVXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Besides, that new Y-split will last for years with no issues.

Thank you KZ for hearing us on this issue!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #36,957 of 64,160

Yea this a RAW frequency response graph. it looks normal to me. As was previously mentioned, it does look a little bit like the IEM target curve from Harman that was recently created in 2017.

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #36,958 of 64,160
Oct 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #36,959 of 64,160
Guys is there any certain specs of AS10?
Some reviews says 14 ohm 20-40Khz
Some says: 32 ohm 20-22 which one is true? BWT I have never used 32 ohm earbuds before. They were around 15-16. My phone is avarage samsung model you think is that enough to feed 32 Ohm?

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #36,960 of 64,160
Tunaa, they are VERY sensitive, I believe its 14 Ohms. You can easily drive them from ANITHING, but also this sensitivity makes you hear your AMPS working on any source, you will hear this hissing with low volume, silent tracks and in silent ambience of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back