Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 19, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #34,771 of 64,397
Its dependent on you membership level. A 'platinum' and above member will get their refund resolved typically within 3~5 days.
i have silver level membership which now makes sense lol

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #34,772 of 64,397
That's a pretty amazing deal. Unless the headphone is total crap, at US$28 (after the US$5 coupon discount which I checked, does work) its a steal. Sell it on your local craiglist for practically no loss even if you don't like it eventually.

Its dependent on you membership level. A 'platinum' and above member will get their refund resolved typically within 3~5 days.

I'm a gold member on aliexpress and i've never faced issues with refundsthe. They were always, processed in 4-5 days...

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #34,773 of 64,397
Today heralded the arrival of my new TRN V80 headphones and first impressions are not very good! Bass is light, though the addition of foam buds has helped, bit too forward in the mids for me with a restricted sound stage, very at eyeball level and just around the temple area. Cannot quite put my finger on it yet but they sound off for some reason and they are sibilant, at least until I added the foam tips! Once they have had a bit of a run in, they might sound different, we wait with baited breath...

I use foam tips with mine and find there is plenty of bass, and far less sibilance than my es3. I agree that the soundstage is not amazing, hoping burn in might help but Im doubtful

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #34,774 of 64,397
Then guys, my holiday are 99% canceled due to flight problems and something like that, but i'm not here to tell this.
That was just a little words to say that i have now a little bit more in my bucket to spend on a new iem.
In these months i posted here to have some info about the zsr and so on

I watched many reviews about many headphones and then i came on a decision: i wanted to buy a pair of KZ ZSA.
Then i decided to spend a little bit more as i won't go on holidays but i wanna gift myself with a little gem.

I'm coming from a pair of MEMT X5, which i love and which served me well since December 2017 without any problems (except the driver flex which forced me to use the foam tips: i actually love them), but i feel now i want to have a better pair of headphones.
What digs in me with my memt is their bass, he digs so deep in my ear canal and i can feel the rumble that i really like.
The problem is that the V shape is really accentuated, so even if treble got microdetails, soundstage and mids are a bit limited: soundstage is average, i would say a bit poor, and mids are recessed, and don't sound airy, so female vocals don't sound crisp but a bit too warm.

i wanna anticipate: i have small ears and wearing my old KZ ZS3 have been a real pain, i just couldn't stand them more than 30 mins. I listen to EDM tracks and i even produce my own music (hybrid trap, bigroom house, psytrance and so on)

I was watching online and between all the headphones i know in chi-fi i had some eye shocks:
- KZ ZS6 --> shape is big, people say they are phenomenal but really hard to find a good position for that moreover if you have small ears.. so i refused to buy them as i want a comfortable IEM.
- REVONEXT QT2 --> same shape as the ZS6, no piercing treble like the ZS6, better sounding overall, the problem is always the shape and they even cost like 15 euros more... refused these
- LKER i8 --> friend who has them said the upper bass bleeds into the mids ruining the sound image, and said they are a bit sibilant on the highs. Then the nozzle seems really short and i'm afraid the shell will touch my ear creating me pain.. refused
- **** 6in1 --> heard good things about these, design is crap but heard they sound very well and the drivers are tuned properly.
- TIN AUDIO t2 --> MANY good reviews, i like them a lot, their design is so elegant, they can be worn with the cable down or around the ear. Reviews say they sound really really airy and spacious and that the sound signature has a bright tone. I'm just a little afraid about the bass, i like bass and i like deep bass as i listen so much dubstep and hybrid trap, hardstyle and psytrance, but i really like sometimes putting vocal tracks from sia, florence, many tracks from red hot chili peppers, old tracks from queen, police and so on.

Then i'm now really confused. One part of my brain says "HEY, SAVE YOUR MONEY, BUY THE ZSA".
The other part: "cmon, u really like the TINAUDIO T2, BUY THEM AND DON'T THINK IT TWICE".

I'm asking for your help, as i really want a new headphone to pair with my BENJIE S5/AGPTEK m20, and wanna try a serious upgrade from my memt x5 which i love but which make me a little bit disappointed on the points i've just described above.

Hoping someone can give me some good news about the tin audio t2 and about how they compare with other choices,
I thank you in advance. Will wait for your answers.
YOU CAN BE MY HEROES GUYS
Sorry to hear about the holiday, we all need a break, mostly from the wife... Anyway, I have the ZSA and personally I think they are one of the better KZ IEM's, if you want good bass, then you need to play with the tips, good foam units create a wonderful deep powerful bass that isn't over blown but you need to experiment. I have the ZS6 and it's a good IEM but a bit bulky, just got an ZS3, and it is very comfy, lacks a bit in information retrieval but overall quite good, not IMHO better than the ZSA. I have the ZS10, big and bulky but good when you get it run in and used to it. Hope that helps.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #34,775 of 64,397
Sorry to hear about the holiday, we all need a break, mostly from the wife... Anyway, I have the ZSA and personally I think they are one of the better KZ IEM's, if you want good bass, then you need to play with the tips, good foam units create a wonderful deep powerful bass that isn't over blown but you need to experiment. I have the ZS6 and it's a good IEM but a bit bulky, just got an ZS3, and it is very comfy, lacks a bit in information retrieval but overall quite good, not IMHO better than the ZSA. I have the ZS10, big and bulky but good when you get it run in and used to it. Hope that helps.

How would you, compare the zsa with the zs6?
So i can make a comparison triangle with zsa and zs6 and then zs6 with tin audio t2
How is the soundstage on the zsa?

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #34,776 of 64,397
How would you, compare the zsa with the zs6?
So i can make a comparison triangle with zsa and zs6 and then zs6 with tin audio t2
How is the soundstage on the zsa?
For me the ZSA is just about spot on for everything. I find the ZS6 slightly harsh, I have most of the Trinity IEM's and I prefer the ZS6 to nearly all of them, bar the 4 driver device. Soundstage on the ZS6 is quite good, the detailing is good but slightly aggressive for me, the ZSA? Well last week I spent several hours with the ZSA plugged into my X7 while doing some turntable repair work and to be honest, I forgot I was wearing the ZSA, the soundstage is, not enormous but wide and detailed, the depth of reality is brilliant and the one thing I find difficult to get in some headphones of all types, is emotion, the ZSA has it in bucket loads! The soundstage is a wrap around feeling, not just eyeballs and temples but spreading out past the ears and front and centre when it is supposed to be, I am really impressed with this small device. I have a large collection of headphones, some still with me and a big bundle that have gone through my hands but the little ZSA, when run in, impresses me for now! It's not the best out there but value for money? King of the hill at the moment! IMHO!

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #34,778 of 64,397
Then slater you're always helpful and you know everytime, the right answer eheh

You can understand me so if you, listen to the same genres.
So you would wait if you were me for new tin audio headphones?
Anyway, i've heard the bass problem could be solved by closing the front vent with some patafix/mounting putty but i didn't understand if then i will hear, a "basshead like" bass.
Do you feel good with themthe? Have you tried sealing the front vent?

T2 is not the best for basshead levels. It’s like trying to tow a boat with a Corvette - you could do it because it has the power, but a truck is really w
the best too. Plus the putty creates new problems.

So if you don’t want to wait to see what Tin Audio comes up with, there are other IEMs that are basshead level ready-to-go right out of the box.

Here’s a few I’ve heard, in no particular order:

Boarseman KR49
i-Into i8
ZhiYin Z5000
KZ ED15

The fit of the i8 sucked for me, but my basshead coworker likes them. The Z5000 has MMCX removable cables. My favorites out of those are the ED15 and the Boarseman.

Others may chime in with some input. I know @loomisjohnson has heard the Boarseman, and @B9Scrambler has a few of these (pretty sure he’s a closet basshead like me lol)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #34,779 of 64,397
T2 is not the best for basshead levels. It’s like trying to tow a boat with a Corvette - you could do it because it has the power, but a truck is really w

So if you don’t want to wait to see what Tin Audio comes up with, there are other IEMs that are basshead level ready-to-go right out of the box.

Boarseman KR49
i-Into i8
ZhiYin Z5000
Tiandirenhe TD08
KZ ED15

The fit of the i8 sucked for me, but my basshead coworker likes them. The Z5000 and TD08 have MMCX removable cables. My favorites out of those are the ED15 and the Boarseman.

Others may chime in with some input. I know @loomisjohnson has heard the Boarseman, and @B9Scrambler has a few of these (and I get the feeling he’s a closet basshead lol)
the boarseman kr49 is a very good bassy phone for the price; likewise the senzer h1. i'd also check out the update of the memt x5, which is the x9.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #34,780 of 64,397
Bought the ED16 for $13 with $4 ali coupon.. Hope its a good buy. Are there any reviews for these to which, anyone can point me out to?

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #34,781 of 64,397

I love it - One of the graphics reads and I quote
"1DD + 4BA Hybrid Drive Unit"
"Arrive to 8 drivers, providing you amazing sound quality"

So I'm guessing it has 10, but only 8 of them work. That might finally be truth in advertising by KZ Quality control division.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #34,782 of 64,397
Haven't been following the Chi-Fi scene for a while, looked up what's new on the cheap end recently and it looks like the same old same old with more drivers. Though the ZS10 has very good looks, imho. The question I want to ask is whether KZ are planning on dropping the dynamic drivers (and the accompanying compensating holes on the chassis) and going full BA any time soon? Or is that still the realm of higher price categories?

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #34,783 of 64,397
Haven't been following the Chi-Fi scene for a while, looked up what's new on the cheap end recently and it looks like the same old same old with more drivers. Though the ZS10 has very good looks, imho. The question I want to ask is whether KZ are planning on dropping the dynamic drivers (and the accompanying compensating holes on the chassis) and going full BA any time soon? Or is that still the realm of higher price categories?

Pssst: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2305#post-14357330

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #34,784 of 64,397
Agree

Boarseman KR49
i-Into i8
ZhiYin Z5000
Tiandirenhe TD08
KZ ED15

The fit of the i8 sucked for me, but my basshead coworker likes them. The Z5000 and TD08 have MMCX removable cables. My favorites out of those are the ED15 and the Boarseman.

Others may chime in with some input. I know @loomisjohnson has heard the Boarseman, and @B9Scrambler has a few of these (and I get the feeling he’s a closet basshead lol)

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #34,785 of 64,397
Decided to take the ZS6 out for today's commute and was surprised at how well they isolate given the rear vents. It's not quite as rejecting of outside noise as the ES4, ED16, and ZS10, but it's certainly leagues better than, say, an iSine 10. I can also see why people have had complaints about fitment, but have been able to achieve a good seal without discomfort. In my ears, they're actually a bit more comfy than the ZS10 or ED16, so kudos to that.

Also realized the nozzle on the stock starline tips is loooooong, so I took my shot at trimming some of it down and, while the opening isn't flush with the earpiece nozzle, it's somewhat helped with some of the sharp highs. They're still there, but at least it's more tolerable.

3bS2RM9qHJr14VnJ27ACYuSrpyRvnsMV_G5YbXuCuPFsivbRGm_IlAbkxP-IZKDFMdFQNlS5v1et2k0sIyBLyV10ldaBm4ClPEkVV84h9QQy3vGkG4Pw3Z9kE8bdHH2J8fnIsGC3hbOxFePLObbrWWyyZ1ubn6yYrNzbswnz08_9MePiJbAGHjsrqNcNoVDyJwnC00scxiqtJwkE9PgjtMPoIrSbi8e0K_SUb_TKeFS-jXsypk8a3Ct307wUbFlhcPLsDe7BBsQFVQ6UbzcyTY5SjZhnKvKeMDXrgfklYPxb65mNjbdCZoAhy8sjuAx0_2sqWvnanQp-0BpW5SI_MzY3C3hzlby-dD4WnvrQkoPwXunWuiRlEBpmuZ4cWJlA_LmHDecSJUfOXmXWzC_kozdbCmR1U29anOYRBa_DEnzqxNygs5BbuWt8lk1Z4dO9BcwtNJr5QEx4OADbiqf9e6PQm8zAPm5FkWdhkx4_eIIV92qP_xw8GwmgmnShr8VvfWa0UBJ6S_awn4JE4wmiecpHrSnfCa70tCEsNWOlrXKrkrrPmHXgn-8N7F5gLs4a-j5M-ht5dtEFkHLwJbwLOmbRPqF_SEvT7Qli91Vq=w1165-h910-no
And I really like this combo of the Shanling M0 and ZS6. High gain isn't at all necessity, but the ZS6 will definitely take it without breaking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back