1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Tunaa
    Hey i have realized that some people considering about getting ES4 let me share my experiences with u guys. Actually this is my first KZ earphones, before that i was using xiaomi hybrid pro hd and i can say the bass on the ES4s are way better than the Mi pro HDs. But I'll be honest, sound is not clear and soundstage is narrower compare to HDs. So i did not like them but for the price you are getting really good earphones especially if you like bass.

2. boost3d
    Every time this thread pops up I get tempted to try a KZ. Would the ED16 be a nice complement to Nicehck Bros (and to lesser extent Adax HT06)? I got both last week and already like them. Music preference is classic rock and just getting into blues rock.

3. TheVortex
    The ED16 is more of a balanced sound signature and I really like mine. The Bro's are more V shaped as I own the twin from another store. I really like my ED16 and is my favourite with the Revonext QT2 as a runner up.

MDH12AX7, HungryPanda and boost3d like this.
  4. neo_styles
    ED16 also gets my seal of approval. Probably the most coherent and least fussy (with fit) pair of KZ that I own.

MDH12AX7, HungryPanda and boost3d like this.
  5. mbwilson111
    I agree with all of the above.

6. paramoreds
    Hi all,

I have a Xiaomi Pro HD (triple driver) and now i looking for the kz earphones, in particular the kz SE4 and the ED16.I would like to know which is better? for your reference i enjoy too much the treble and mids of the xiaomis, but in some cases lacks in the low frequency. So which is better for me? i want a lot of detail and very punchy bass.

Thanks in advance

7. mbwilson111
    ED16. If you don't like the cable, you can change it.

paramoreds likes this.
  8. Slater
    If you like everything about the Xiaomi Pro HD except the bass, you can easily add more bass just by adding a small piece of tape to the front vent by the nozzle. It costs nothing, and takes 5 seconds.

HungryPanda and paramoreds like this.
  9. paramoreds
    Yes i tried, but is not that good enough. For this reason i want another earphone.

10. paramoreds
    Thanks, what is wrong with the cable? Is not the same as the SE4?

11. mbwilson111
    Many of the newer KZs like the ZS10, ZSA and ES4 have a fairly nice copper colored braided cable. For some reason the ED16 has an older rubbery type cable that I personally had problems with ... partly because I have long hair and it just would not lie nicely behind my ear...

The ED16 has become one of my favorite iems. Very comfortable to me and sounds great.

12. Slater
    That’s cool. Just thought I’d throw it out there in case you weren’t aware of the mod.

Adide and paramoreds like this.
  13. CardigdanWalk
    On the topic of cables, this is the first time I’ve seen one of these:

USB Type C to KZ 0.75mm connector:
    http://s.aliexpress.com/URbaMVRR

Guessing it’s useful for those with newer phones that have USB type C, I wonder if we’ll be seeing an Apple lightning one in the future!

HungryPanda, scottySK and Slater like this.
  14. Slater
    I hope so, but doubtful. Most companies don’t want to pay Apple their exorbitant licensing fees.

It’s easy to make your own Lightning version though, if you’re handy with a soldering iron.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  15. TooPoorForHiFi
    Could anyone give me a run down on these ES4 vs ED16 vs ZSA vs ZS6 ? Differences? which is best all rounder? and What Tips are recommended ?

Thanks.