Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 31, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #32,896 of 63,834
May 31, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #32,897 of 63,834
You guys should start a band called "the serious tip rollers". I assume most of us here own a ton of different tips, and while there are some that are clearly junk, let's not pretend that it doesn't all come down to personal preference (still don't understand all the love for spinfits).
Kz starline tips are great IMO, but I generally prefer foam tips for long term wear. The large starlines are great when I need to take IEMs in and out a lot.
There`s a thread for "serious tip-rollers": https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-tip-rolling-iem-modification-thread.726229/page-5

Is there a seller nowadays that sells confirmed KS ZS5 version 1?
Unfortunately seems that no. Want to get another myself. Zelda is selling at gear thread but he is located in US, otherwise I would buy from him.

May 31, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #32,898 of 63,834
Is there a seller nowadays that sells confirmed KS ZS5 version 1?

Haha, that’s like the lost city of Atlantis my friend.

You’re best bet is to buy a pair off of a HF member that’s willing to part with it.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #32,901 of 63,834
I¨m really glad to see a positive reviews for the ES4's. I purchased one week ago. Looking forward to them. Two days later i jumped to the ZSA hype train:blush:. Just because my ZS6's started to produce some kind of cracling sound when i touch left earpiece. Annoying "a bit".

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #32,902 of 63,834
4D38B52F-163C-4B3F-98E0-197123B71E3C.jpeg

Just received the ES4 and... they’re great, straight out of the box!

It has some characteristics of the ZS10 but it’s tuned way better. No overdrawn upper mids, but it has the warm sound the ZS10 has. The bass is lovely fat AND tight. The airyness some KZ’s just nail is once again present in this one. I popped them into my ears and enjoyed them straight away.

Compared to the ZSR, the ZSR’s bass is a little more muddy, and it also sounds a bit smoother. That’s not a con. It’s something you may prefer or not. The ES4 doesn’t have as much sibilance.

Another success for KZ, so soon after the ZSR. Insane!

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #32,905 of 63,834
Now more than ever I am looking forward to listening to the ES4.

I have skipped the other "new" products since I have my ZSR, and ZS6, (with one BA disabled)

Actually forgot I had ordered them, but last night I had a delivery of EDR2's. Unfortunately I had ordered EDR1's. So Short story longer, I hopped on AE to open a ticket to the seller, for refund or exchange. (Truth is I wont pay to ship them back $12.00 for two pairs of iem) So when I was looking on my account page, I found out I should have ES4 on Monday.

Lesson learned...ChiFi purchases, while sipping a well aged bourbon, can be fun. Especially if one doesn't remember.

May 31, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #32,906 of 63,834

Just received the ES4 and... they’re great, straight out of the box!

It has some characteristics of the ZS10 but it’s tuned way better. No overdrawn upper mids, but it has the warm sound the ZS10 has. The bass is lovely fat AND tight. The airyness some KZ’s just nail is once again present in this one. I popped them into my ears and enjoyed them straight away.

Compared to the ZSR, the ZSR’s bass is a little more muddy, and it also sounds a bit smoother. That’s not a con. It’s something you may prefer or not. The ES4 doesn’t have as much sibilance.

Another success for KZ, so soon after the ZSR. Insane!

A thing of beauty indeed. Ordered the same color cyan and your photo and initial impressions made me more excited to get my hands on this ES4.

May 31, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #32,907 of 63,834
330C5547-D11E-4821-BF09-5ABA2B6676FE.jpeg
Hey look, the ES4 is a giant killer! Well, in a way. :p

May 31, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #32,908 of 63,834
I wish my es4 hadn't gotten lost :frowning2: Maybe they'll randomly show up one day.

Based on another user's recommendation I went with the green zsr and boy am I glad I did. I think they beat my zs10. Maybe not as much separation but the bass is amazing. And the fit feels completely custom. Will be selling my es3 and possibly even the zs10 now. Highly impressed

May 31, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #32,909 of 63,834
I need the expertise of a resident KZ-niac.:wave:

I received a response from the seller of the EDR1 that I tried to order, and was shipped a couple EDR2 packages.
Sellers response was that the EDR1 has a black housing, and the EDR2 is silver, the only difference is the color, and they are one and the same

Anybody willing to shed some light on this and educate me?

TIA

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #32,910 of 63,834
what's so good about v1? dumped almost a dozen of them.

You would be a rich man right now if you had a dozen sets to sell.

With a proper impedance-matched source/amp, they sound great IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back