Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 12, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #30,526 of 63,904
How do you compare bw1 modded with tin audio t2 ?

My T2 hasn't arrived yet. I don't even think it's been shipped yet. I got caught in the anufacturing shortage during the Aliexpress sale.

@Otto Motor should be able to answer this question though. Pretty sure he has both.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #30,527 of 63,904
My T2 hasn't arrived yet. I don't even think it's been shipped yet. I got caught in the manufacturing shortage during the Aliexpress sale.

@Otto Motor should be able to answer this question though. Pretty sure he has both.
Hmmm...difficult! They are totally different. The modded BW-ES1 sound as flat as a board. They have a very focused, minimal bass and a wide soundstage. Everything is very accurate and nothing is really bad. I did not expect this quality and have not had a signature like this before. What makes them different from much more expensive neutrally tuned iems is their slightly nasal mids in comparison.

What I also appreciate about the BW is the nifty case and a very good cable with an ergonomic 3-button control. The modded BWs excel as a homogenous package.

But how do they compare to the T2? I'd say everything in the BWs sounds a bit slimmer and the voices are more pronounced in the T2. After all, the T2 cost 2-4 times as much.

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

BW-ES1 Jurgen stock vs advanced.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #30,528 of 63,904
Aw man, just got a mail from DHgate about the recent KZ deals, with the ZS6 and ZSR together for 25 dollar. The seller can’t ship the items... awaiting a refund. :frowning2:

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #30,529 of 63,904
From what I've heard from Hong Kong forums(tons of people already receive their zs10 from Taobao)
The treble of ZS10 is not as harsh as ZS5/6 and it has a warm sound signature. The resolution of ZS10 is very good but due to the reduced treble it may not too good for people tend to listen to more airly and high-pitch female songs.

One of the big upgrade is the cable that KZ has upgrade their cable to "oxygen-free copper cable) with a much better memory wire.But in terms of the comfort, ZS10 has the largest size in KZ earphone to date while having the shortest nozzle. Some people has reported that it tends to fall off easily due to the latter problem.
(I may try the ZS10 later and give my own impression afterwards)

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #30,530 of 63,904
From what I've heard from Hong Kong forums(tons of people already receive their zs10 from Taobao)
The treble of ZS10 is not as harsh as ZS5/6 and it has a warm sound signature. The resolution of ZS10 is very good but due to the reduced treble it may not too good for people tend to listen to more airly and high-pitch female songs.

One of the big upgrade is the cable that KZ has upgrade their cable to "oxygen-free copper cable) with a much better memory wire.But in terms of the comfort, ZS10 has the largest size in KZ earphone to date while having the shortest nozzle. Some people has reported that it tends to fall off easily due to the latter problem.
(I may try the ZS10 later and give my own impression afterwards)

I concur on the fit issue. It doesn't stay in too well and after just 20-30 minutes it will hurt my ears when I smile e.g. using it to watch SNL...
A shame since the SQ is really quite good, but I might go back to ZSR as my daily driver...

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #30,532 of 63,904
I've tried the KZ ZS10 myself from a dealer with a demo available(it may've days of burn-in time)

Overall it's like an evolved ZSR/ZST with punchier bass, much more and clearer mids than the ZSR/T, and a bit less treble than my ZST.

Strangely enough, the size of it just fits me perfectly (I have a relatively small ears and it just sticks in my outer ear) But due to the short nozzle and the terrible stock ear tips on the demo makes the comfort in ear canal a bit worse than my ZST with spinfit tips

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #30,533 of 63,904
I concur on the fit issue. It doesn't stay in too well and after just 20-30 minutes it will hurt my ears when I smile e.g. using it to watch SNL...
A shame since the SQ is really quite good, but I might go back to ZSR as my daily driver...

Try some longer tips?

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #30,534 of 63,904
You might try Spin fit CP-100 tips. They extend out a ways past the nozzle before the cushion starts.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #30,538 of 63,904
Seller has just cancelled my KZ ZS10!. I was desperate for these, as I am down to my last 30. head/ear phones!?.

Only 30? Tragic. . Come to the Earbuds Roundup. We have buds!

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #30,540 of 63,904
I've found it best to start with the normal CS route at GB. Give them a chance to resolve the problem (which they do 97% of the time). But if you run into problems, then PM George and give him the specific ticket number to reference.

Because without a ticket in the system, it's much more difficult for George to help.

Contact them and getting pointless response again. To make photos and videos of an audio problem, sigh.

Dear Ivo,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.
We are sincerely sorry to hear this about your item.

We would like to work together to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Please review our warranty here: http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Therefore we kindly ask you to follow these steps:
1.Please describe the problem with your item in details(what happened and when?).
2.Please tell us what steps you have already taken to solve the issue.
3.Please send us a video of the defects in good lighting.

Ideally, the videos should be clear and focused, under good lighting conditions, and taken at close and medium distance.
Please keep the attachment below 2MB and use any of these formats gif, jpg, png, bmp, doc, xls, txt, rar, ppt, pdf.

If the attachment is above 2MB, please send it to this mail: support@gearbest.com.

We will do our best to help you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
Meg
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back