Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 5, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #30,076 of 64,286
You are describing the old (original) box. KZs came in those boxes many years ago. Before the plastic "shield" boxes, before the cardboard boxes with windows, before the new white boxes.

So you have the original EDR1.

Cool (I think?). Thanks for that info. :thumbsup:

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #30,077 of 64,286
Hi people, Just got my pair of ZS6, I am new to KZ brand so I will just post here my first impressions after one hour of listening.

My previous Iems are:
Monoprice 8320, absolutely love them but they are uncomfy, dated and technology is now one step over them.
Xiaomi Hybrid HD pro, Good clarity but totally no deepness. garbage for my ears. sent back to amazon.
Panasonic 5 dollars miracle, good but really really cheap. and dated as well.
MEElectronics M6 pro, super comfy, light, small, sound good but can't feel half of the middle frequencies.

So I decided to buy those new ZS6.

After playing a bit, I realized how good they are in responding to EQ. You rise bass and bass is rising. powerfull middle freq and boomy when needed. I am actually kind of basshead, I was a bit scared about many reviews about the high freq pitching a lot but, IMHO, I didn't find so much of a problem in those frequencies. The highs are clear and defined, but not problematic or hear fatiguing. they actually respond less to eq but i guess is normal.
They are now burning some hours of general music at 50% volume level so I'll see how they will change tomorrow and the next days.
Definitely a good buy for the price.. I decided to get them on amazon in case I did not like them and I paid 42 euros.. a bit more than the average but you know amazon service. Can't really complain about the sound quality, I like them.
On the other side, the box, the tips and the cable are absolute garbage.
Cables, bluetooth device and more tips are on their way from china. didn't need amazon reliability for those.

Just a question if I may..
Does anybody knows where to find some XL eartips that fits my ZS6? I really don't like foam, never tried gel. the best would be 14mm or more... My ear canal is apparently like Falcon heavy stage one.

Hope this helps, and thanks for any help for my tips!

V

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #30,078 of 64,286
I feel like we're unwittingly kickstarting these iems.
Bah! I'll buy them when someone discovers they are wired incorrectly, full of glue, the crossover is just for looks and only one ba is working but out of phase, and they come down to 14.99.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #30,079 of 64,286
Whyyyyyy? i dont really understand the hype about the ZS5 V1, sure it can be GREAT value for your $ when you consider modding options, but in terms of inner design and sound it's just a prototype for the (better) ZS6.

Zs5 v1 soundstage is so addictive. Much better than zs6 and not as sibilant.
By the way, my zs5 have been dipped and soaked in a glass of water but still work.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #30,080 of 64,286
DSC02860.JPG

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #30,081 of 64,286
Whyyyyyy? i dont really understand the hype about the ZS5 V1, sure it can be GREAT value for your $ when you consider modding options, but in terms of inner design and sound it's just a prototype for the (better) ZS6.
100% disagree. And I like it in stock, excluding value for $. For me and with my gear, ZS5v1 sounds like open-back IT01, no joke!
Yes it has its tiny faults in SQ but they are almost non-existent when paired with right source gear and amped with lot of "juice" :wink:
I`m not going to repeat myself more than saying that ZS5v1 needs certain requirements to be filled to sound great. Lol, it reminds me myself long back when I had Havi B3Pro1 and didn`t understand hype around it (actually I still don`t but I haven`t heard them properly amped though).
From what I`ve read and discussed, to some ZS6 sounds awful while some like it like "TOTL". It`s all very subjective.

You can send me Your ZS5v1 if You hate it! :wink:
Zs5 v1 soundstage is so addictive. Much better than zs6 and not as sibilant.
+1
To me they sound very close to open-back HP.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #30,082 of 64,286
100% disagree. And I like it in stock, excluding value for $. For me and with my gear, ZS5v1 sounds like open-back IT01, no joke!
Yes it has its tiny faults in SQ but they are almost non-existent when paired with right source gear and amped with lot of "juice" :wink:
I`m not going to repeat myself more than saying that ZS5v1 needs certain requirements to be filled to sound great. Lol, it reminds me myself long back when I had Havi B3Pro1 and didn`t understand hype around it (actually I still don`t but I haven`t heard them properly amped though).
From what I`ve read and discussed, to some ZS6 sounds awful while some like it like "TOTL". It`s all very subjective.

+1
To me they sound very close to open-back HP.
Love my Dt990 and zs5. Soundstage heaven.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #30,084 of 64,286
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #30,085 of 64,286
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #30,087 of 64,286

I'm happy with the the ZS5 after my simple mod. To me it felt like sound from the dynamic drivers was competing with sound from the BAs, especially around the mids and lower treble.
They sound great with some tracks right out of the box, but in other tracks it was wayyy too bright and aggressive for my ears. That's why i say they have a "prototype" feel to them, because it was a problem which got fix in a later model which used the same components.

I do understand why there's inconsistencies in impressions though (Different ears+Chi-Fi factory consistency+revisions etc...), just wanted to share my own experience :)

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #30,088 of 64,286
Have the ZS10s from aliexpress stores started shipping yet?

Store who must not be named have not shipped the black ones yet

Store that will not be named shipped my Red ones no mic the other day. Originally I was going for the black but it kept reminding me of a see through phone I had in the 80s/90s as a kid. I picked the red because it blended with the red circuit board better. The blue was a cool color, but I really did not like the blue red look, blue black would have been better.

My Tinaudio T2, ZSR and Urbanfun hifi did not ship yet though from same store on a different order. TRN V20 is also on the way. Now that I understand the signature I am after, I ventured into some other brands looking for a variation.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #30,089 of 64,286
Hey KZ-aholics, have you got QKZ sets as well? What do you think of them?

I have two:
- QKZ DM1 is good for the money (€4). Very mid centered, although with a very very tight soundstage.
- QKZ DM9 are so-so, even for €6. Very dark, the bass can become overwhelming and the IEM loses it with complex pieces.

What are your thoughts?

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #30,090 of 64,286
The ZS5 are way hotter at the upper mids and lower treble for my ears. I didn't notice a big enough difference in soundstage.

I would agree if you were talking about ZS5 v2s. But v1s are infinitely better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back