Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #26,956 of 63,914
Just received a few spinfits.

One big plus is the tightness of the fit which makes up for the lack of a lip on the KZ5. I occassionaly got my tips stuck in my ear and it's a terrible feeling!
I suggested getting foamies in T200 (4.0mm) or T300 (4.5mm) size. Posted links in a previous post in this thread about them. They have smaller nozzle diameters than the typical T400 / T500 (4.9mm size) and the tighter fit keeps them on the nozzle instead of my ears. I lost both tips every time I used them on the ZS6 which has no lip on the end of the nozzle and 1 about half the time on the ZS5 which at least has a nominal lip. Going to the smaller diameter ones fixed the problem.

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #26,957 of 63,914
I suggested getting foamies in T200 (4.0mm) or T300 (4.5mm) size. Posted links in a previous post in this thread about them. They have smaller nozzle diameters than the typical T400 / T500 (4.9mm size) and the tighter fit keeps them on the nozzle instead of my ears. I lost both tips every time I used them on the ZS6 which has no lip on the end of the nozzle and 1 about half the time on the ZS5 which at least has a nominal lip. Going to the smaller diameter ones fixed the problem.
can you link them? Can't find it in your post history :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #26,958 of 63,914
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #26,959 of 63,914
I listened to all my KZ earphones today. (except the ZS3 which I hate) The one that sounds best is the ES3 with Spiral Dots, no shortage of bass. I have the ZS6 and had to seal up one BA on each ear to solve the treble issue, and it sounds good now. I have ZS5 v1, and my much modded ED9 with custom eartips and sealed vents. They sound good for music, but I prefer them for other audio. The ED2 is a real solid performer with Spiral Dots and it's quite a bargain. I love the ZSE which is a cool design and a comfortable fit. ZSE is well built, a total steal and I like the sound. Big mistake if you're a KZ fan and don't have these. I doubt I'll ever use over the ears as my daily drivers, especially with foam tips because it takes too long to untangle them, insert them and adjust the memory wire. I never use any KZ tips, not the Starlines, foams or Whirlwinds; I always get bad results with them. I see a lot of posts by fans of the ZS3. I sure hope they took the foam out of the nozzles unless they are fans of muddy sound.

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #26,960 of 63,914
ZSR in hand. Now to the testing!

Attachments

• IMG_20180117_181432.jpg
    IMG_20180117_181432.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #26,962 of 63,914
Cant speak for anyone else but i paid for faster shipping to Australia and it seems to have taken about 2-3 days from dispatch. I thought i was sent the wrong cable as getting the cable into the iems took way more force than my previous KZ's, so be careful when you get yours!

So far i haven't found anything it does super wrong, its brighter than the ZS5 mk1 (my previous most up to date KZ purchase) but from the user descriptions significantly less bright than the ZS6/ 5 mk2 "treble cannons". Bass is good too, ill switch it up to some guitar and see how the mids go. The soundstage is slightly wider than the ZS5 details and separation are about as good.

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #26,963 of 63,914
Cant speak for anyone else but i paid for faster shipping to Australia and it seems to have taken about 2-3 days from dispatch. I thought i was sent the wrong cable as getting the cable into the iems took way more force than my previous KZ's, so be careful when you get yours!

So far i haven't found anything it does super wrong, its brighter than the ZS5 mk1 (my previous most up to date KZ purchase) but from the user descriptions significantly less bright than the ZS6/ 5 mk2 "treble cannons". Bass is good too, ill switch it up to some guitar and see how the mids go. The soundstage is slightly wider than the ZS5 details and separation are about as good.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the cable and your super fast impressions which all suits my preferences I guess.,. Cheers :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #26,965 of 63,914
Wow! 5-6 pairs is something new for me :) At the moment i have only KZ ZS6 and pair of Sennheisers - eH150 and HD449 (i like to have iem and big ones, you know, to use them depending on the mood) but actually after buying KZ i use only zs6. They are almost perfect for me :) Especially cuz i have not much money for now :)
Cheap foam ear cups + zs6 + smsl ivy = i like the sound of my Chineese android :)
So, i guess, zs6 is very good headphones and very universal ones :)
P.S. Sorry, maybe my english is not good enough :)

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. You won't see me trying to post on a Russian forum.

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #26,967 of 63,914

Really? Bigger stage than zs5.

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #26,969 of 63,914
Your english is fine enough for me.

I do have a real appreciation for my ZS6 after about 6 hours accumulated throughout yesterday.
Yep, this headphones are one of those things that you should use for some time to get real pleasure from :)
In fact this is the first time when the headphones I did not like at first but then I really fell in love with them. Usually, I either immediately like or not.

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #26,970 of 63,914
Ah... the hype...

Ordered one yesterday but, trusting my old ebay sharp shooting skill back in the day, found myself back playing around with the refresh button at that sweet time. Didn't see the discount but somehow ended up paying for another pair thinking the previous one went wrong. I must not be the only one x(. Anyway an old friend is up for some surprise gift.

Now let the wait begins...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back