Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #26,941 of 63,973
Got another text from DHL that the package they didn't deliver yesterday (after sending the text last week saying it would be delivered yesterday) would be delivered today. Then the meteorologists got involved and said we might get 1 inch of snow and they closed everything within 50 miles. When did we become such pantywaists that we cannot do anything if we see 3 flakes?

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #26,942 of 63,973
Wow! 5-6 pairs is something new for me :) At the moment i have only KZ ZS6 and pair of Sennheisers - eH150 and HD449 (i like to have iem and big ones, you know, to use them depending on the mood) but actually after buying KZ i use only zs6. They are almost perfect for me :) Especially cuz i have not much money for now :)
Cheap foam ear cups + zs6 + smsl ivy = i like the sound of my Chineese android :)
So, i guess, zs6 is very good headphones and very universal ones :)
P.S. Sorry, maybe my english is not good enough :)
Your English is fine. Enjoy your KZs!

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #26,943 of 63,973
Look what i got!!!

I didn't have much time to listen to these today, so i just told myself i'll connect the wires before i go to bed and see if they work... i couldn't help myself and put them in annnnnd.... these are pretty awesome! I can't do isolation tests right now, but this is like the ZS3 and the ZS6 made a baby and then did some plastic surgery to that baby to make it more comfortable and a bit more pleasant sounding.
The ZS6 are probably a bit better, but this is what i always wanted the ZS3 to be.

I want to try these tomorrow to see if this is just Day-1 hype, but so far i think they are a steal at 20$-30$. Better than un-modded ZS5 v1 and ZS3 for sure.

/sorry in advance for Day-1 hype lol, a more well-rounded and balanced review will come soon :grin:

candlt.jpg

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #26,944 of 63,973
Look what i got!!!

I didn't have much time to listen to these today, so i just told myself i'll connect the wires before i go to bed and see if they work... i couldn't help myself and put them in annnnnd.... these are pretty awesome! I can't do isolation tests right now, but this is like the ZS3 and the ZS6 made a baby and then did some plastic surgery to that baby to make it more comfortable and a bit more pleasant sounding.
The ZS6 are probably a bit better, but this is what i always wanted the ZS3 to be.

I want to try these tomorrow to see if this is just Day-1 hype, but so far i think they are a steal at 20$-30$. Better than un-modded ZS5 v1 and ZS3 for sure.

/sorry in advance for Day-1 hype lol, a more well-rounded and balanced review will come soon :grin:

Haa damn better than ZS5 V1? Can't wait for mine to arrive as well whooo

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #26,946 of 63,973
I think I might do that, or I might just buy the silver cable.

Most of the silver cables have the memory wire. As mentioned, the memory wire is easy to remove (from the stock or any upgrade cable).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #26,947 of 63,973
this is what i always wanted the ZS3 to be.

This is what I was hoping to hear. I have green ZSRs on order. I really liked my ZS3 but for some reason it was not comfortable so I traded it. I love my ZS6 and I do find it comfortable.

sorry in advance for Day-1 hype lol, a more well-rounded and balanced review will come soon :grin:

I like day 1 hype.:) I can feel the excitement.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #26,948 of 63,973
Wow! 5-6 pairs is something new for me :) At the moment i have only KZ ZS6 and pair of Sennheisers - eH150 and HD449 (i like to have iem and big ones, you know, to use them depending on the mood) but actually after buying KZ i use only zs6. They are almost perfect for me :) Especially cuz i have not much money for now :)
Cheap foam ear cups + zs6 + smsl ivy = i like the sound of my Chineese android :)
So, i guess, zs6 is very good headphones and very universal ones :)
P.S. Sorry, maybe my english is not good enough :)
Your english is fine enough for me.

I do have a real appreciation for my ZS6 after about 6 hours accumulated throughout yesterday.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #26,949 of 63,973
I'll say one thing: The guy who designed the ZSR and the guy who insisted to include the memory wire on the ZSR cannot be the same guy.

I bet the memory wire guy is like Steve Jobs and the ZSR guy is like Steve Wozniak.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #26,950 of 63,973
Update: I know that the memory wire on the ZS6 is supposed to help keep the earphones secure in your ears, but in my case it rather pushes the earpiece out of my ears. I wear glasses so it's really hard for me to mold the wires to the shape of my ears. Would've really preferred a cable without the memory wire at the top.
I am with you!. As an eyeglass wearer myself, i had the same issue.
Since i removed the memory wire, comfort is top notch

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #26,952 of 63,973
Look what i got!!!

I have the ZS5v1, skipped ZS6 due to sibilance
Hope ZXR trumps ZS6 else we're just d1cking around sidegrading

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #26,953 of 63,973
My ZS6's arrived this morning and apart from getting used to the fit I'm extremely impressed by them, Has anyone got any recommendations for some new memory foam tips and a new cable? I can't justify buying the Comply ones when they are pretty much the same price as the earphones. Thanks in advance :)

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #26,955 of 63,973
Most of the silver cables have the memory wire. As mentioned, the memory wire is easy to remove (from the stock or any upgrade cable).

Hmm I will look into that. And speaking of cables I ordered the KZ Bluetooth Cable during the same time that I ordered the ZS6, so I'm probably going to get it some time soon, and once I do my ZS6 will transcend :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back