Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #23,237 of 63,836
Dammmm..the ZS6 sounds fantastic off my samsung fone/wav songs... crisp n clear with a weighty punch on bass notes.. no shrills nor bloats.

Havent switch tips nor silvercable yet..nor try out my xduoo10dap. Gonna be a treat..trying to calm myself down.

The best KZ todate....per my taste of cos.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #23,238 of 63,836
I've received my ZS6 today and I'm not very excited about the sound, the highs are overstated, unpleasant and piercing I have a headache after 10 min of listening to them
kz -zs6.jpg

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #23,239 of 63,836
Dammmm..the ZS6 sounds fantastic off my samsung fone/wav songs... crisp n clear with a weighty punch on bass notes.. no shrills nor bloats.

Havent switch tips nor silvercable yet..nor try out my xduoo10dap. Gonna be a treat..trying to calm myself down.

The best KZ todate....per my taste of cos.

I've received my ZS6 today and I'm not very excited about the sound, the highs are overstated, unpleasant and piercing I have a headache after 10 min of listening to them

it seems the ZS6 is rather polarizing

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #23,240 of 63,836
Switch the stock silicone tips to the Comply T400 foam tips and you'll notice that the high frequency peaks nicely tamed.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #23,242 of 63,836
... i bought the silvercable from gearbest.. hope it wont tip it off the treble edge :p
gonna take this slow...enjoy my youtubes on my fone with the zs6...deliciousss
BeeGees..came back to life earlier...at the cafe. MJ joined the party too.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #23,243 of 63,836
That cable is not the standard, It may be the cause of your issue.

You are right, that's not standard cable that was in the box. I was hoping that this one would be better than stock cable but something is wrong with it. I"ve been testing 3 different cables and this orange is the worst.
I'm getting strange effect using this cable , the sound is like when you don't fully insert the jack. Switched to silver cable and now I can hear big improvement.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #23,244 of 63,836
I don't know about that cable @AndrewPL but with this one I'm highly pleased however I do like my Mids and Highs more than many KZ enthusiast:thumbsup: Then again I love most of my iem's and understand each of their qualities and signatures, I've found after 5-10 minutes I adjust to whichever ones I'm driving but understand many just want that one preference! I know I'd spend a little time changing out tips and maybe cables because the ZS6 can sound pretty sweet if addressed right. As always ones MMV:rolling_eyes: Almost forgot, great photo:beerchug:

Silky Six.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #23,245 of 63,836
You are right, that's not standard cable that was in the box. I was hoping that this one would be better than stock cable but something is wrong with it. I"ve been testing 3 different cables and this orange is the worst.
I'm getting strange effect using this cable , the sound is like when you don't fully insert the jack. Switched to silver cable and now I can hear big improvement.
would the improvement be enough to change your opinion of the zs6 from 'not so good' to 'great' iem?

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #23,246 of 63,836
would the improvement be enough to change your opinion of the zs6 from 'not so good' to 'great' iem?
Yes, after changing the cable they sound much better. I was too fast with my opinion, for that price they sound great , as @Francisk suggested I will switch the tips to Comply foams , still too much treble to my ears in ZS6

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #23,247 of 63,836
I don't know about that cable @AndrewPL but with this one I'm highly pleased however I do like my Mids and Highs more than many KZ enthusiast:thumbsup: Then again I love most of my iem's and understand each of their qualities and signatures, I've found after 5-10 minutes I adjust to whichever ones I'm driving but understand many just want that one preference! I know I'd spend a little time changing out tips and maybe cables because the ZS6 can sound pretty sweet if addressed right. As always ones MMV:rolling_eyes: Almost forgot, great photo:beerchug:

The cable on my pic is probably faulty that's why my opinion was not enthusiastic. I switched to silver(same as yours) and I can say I like the sound of ZS6, no complains about the bass and Mids ,only this highs could be tamed a little bit in my opinion

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #23,248 of 63,836
The cable on my pic is probably faulty that's why my opinion was not enthusiastic. I switched to silver(same as yours) and I can say I like the sound of ZS6, no complains about the bass and Mids ,only this highs could be tamed a little bit in my opinion

I'd keep working with tips and see if they tame a little and there is always the dreaded EQ:scream: Good luck:wink:

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #23,249 of 63,836
Hello dears,

Actually owner (and very impressed) of a KZ ZST (non pro, the carbon one) which I like to be very bassy, I'd like a more neutral intra from KZ.

I'm hesitating between KZ ZST colorful (which is apparently very different from normal KZ ZST, less bassy better mids and high) and KZ ZS5, which one do you recommand ? Knowing that ZST colorful is cheaper, and I don't have to buy new BT/gold cable, it seems a better option to me, I think to understand they are quite equivalent (even if the look of ZS5 is much better).

also, what is better or different between KZ ZST carbon and ZS3 ?

Cheers

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #23,250 of 63,836
Hello dears,

Actually owner (and very impressed) of a KZ ZST (non pro, the carbon one) which I like to be very bassy, I'd like a more neutral intra from KZ.

I'm hesitating between KZ ZST colorful (which is apparently very different from normal KZ ZST, less bassy better mids and high) and KZ ZS5, which one do you recommand ? Knowing that ZST colorful is cheaper, and I don't have to buy new BT/gold cable, it seems a better option to me, I think to understand they are quite equivalent (even if the look of ZS5 is much better).

also, what is better or different between KZ ZST carbon and ZS3 ?

Cheers

I have both ZST colorful and ZS3, and i prefer the former. For me, ZS3 sounds a bit clouded. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back