1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. groucho69
    That's just sili.

2. Podster
    Dang Chris, you always make me want to stop posting any of my pics! Excellent shot as usual:beerchug:

Since I'm in this thread let's post a little KZ Oldskool:wink: DT5's

Oldskool DT5.JPG

Fox2twenty likes this.
  3. ldo77
    I'm very impressed by the zs5, especialy with the symbio ear tips

Fox2twenty likes this.
  4. Fox2twenty
    Awesome, can you say what the difference is with Symbios compared to foam? {I've never used symbio}

5. Wiljen
    With no crossover used and an extremely low impedance, what is the risk posed to equipment by long term use of the Zs5? I know when working with loudspeakers, a lot of care is put into keeping the overall impedance between 4 and 16 Ohms due to the problems created in the amplifier if impedance is dropped into the 1 to 2 Ohm range. (Before you blast me, I know that impedance varies and is not a set value but it seems that the Zs5 is much lower than its advertised value of 16 Ohm most of the time.)

Fox2twenty likes this.
  6. Fox2twenty
    Idk, but I think it's kinda cool that the ZS5 doesn't have a crossover. :call_me: :call_me:

7. vector84
    Given the power levels involved, I think the risk is mostly to sound quality and I don't think there's much risk of long term damage unless you were to leave them playing at instant hearing damage levels for long periods of time. If you did though, then the risk could be quite real (would probably overheat stuff)? Or something like that.

Or at least that's my amateur hour take on it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Fox2twenty likes this.
  8. Wiljen
    that was my suspicion too but sometimes with shrinking the voltages and currents involved, the tolerances decrease right along with them. I wasnt sure if miniature components were likely to be more or less susceptible than their larger counterparts.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  9. Superluc
    They are silicon tips filled with foam, so they seal a lot better than normal silicon but don't tame the highs as foam did. Could be an upgrade for silicon tip users, but not the ideal choice on IEMs with harsher highs.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  10. SomeGuyDude
    Big reason I wouldn't use them on the ZS6.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  11. Fox2twenty
    Nice answer. Thank you.

12. snip3r77
    Do you happen to have have zse also?

Fox2twenty likes this.
  13. HungryPanda
    I have a ZSE and it is not the bassiest KZ, has just the right amount as I find the sound very pleasant indeed

Fox2twenty likes this.
  14. snip3r77
    Hence 1 step down from zs5 is zse?

Fox2twenty likes this.
  15. HungryPanda
    like a junior ZS5 with a smaller shell, very comfortable. I'm listening to Stevie Nicks with them in and enjoying her very much :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Fox2twenty likes this.