Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #8,087 of 64,164
  ED8 just arrived (literally just a few minutes ago)!! Forgot how stupidly large and heavy they were. Another quirky KZ :D

cool.gif
Yes but they have Hellacious Bass. I gave them to my Youngest daughter but the weight of them made them keep falling out of her ears.

So I duct taped them.
biggrin.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
TWIN

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #8,089 of 64,164

cool.gif
Yes but they have Hellacious Bass. I gave them to my Youngest daughter but the weight of them made them keep falling out of her ears.

So I duct taped them.
biggrin.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
TWIN

ED8 are old hat :wink: But yeah, that bass is why I bought them 

Lookie what else arrived! I think it is finally safe to say they are legit KZs.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #8,091 of 64,164
  Yep, that's exactly the way they came to my place yesterday. Burning them in as I type this. The bass on these OOTB is insane IMO!!!!

cool.gif
I'm just guessing but from the info I've been able to gather they appear to be the Apparatus from the Micro Ring in a different housing (like Yamaha EPH100 or something?).

The reason I think it is, is because when I sign into Ali then go to my old orders, when I click on the Micro Ring It now comes up as the ED2.

What do you think scrambler?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #8,092 of 64,164

cool.gif
Neither. They are actually more similar than different. IMO Both are darkish. My ATE's have more bass boost, but I feel the Vjjb's in all frequencies have better detail overall. That is for what they are, Inexpensive Chinese earphones.

Don't try and compare them to Say Dunu's, Trinities, or even Senns. They won't hold up.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Indeed, as much as I like several of the sub $15 Chinese iem's they are not EX1's or even Trinity Hypes! With that said they are killer for >$65 less
bigsmile_face.gif

Twin, did she try those 8's hung over ear? That gummy texture to the KZ's really keep them in place when wrapped over ear
wink_face.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #8,093 of 64,164

ED8 are old hat :wink: But yeah, that bass is why I bought them 

Lookie what else arrived! I think it is finally safe to say they are legit KZs.

Now those bring new meaning to BIG BORE nozzles, I'm guessing those double flange are specific to that model only?

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #8,094 of 64,164
I still don't see why people talk about ATE being bass-heavier... or I just got a defect (fake?) one?
to me they almost sound flat.

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #8,096 of 64,164

:cool: I'm just guessing but from the info I've been able to gather they appear to be the Apparatus from the Micro Ring in a different housing (like Yamaha EPH100 or something?).

The reason I think it is, is because when I sign into Ali then go to my old orders, when I click on the Micro Ring It now comes up as the ED2.

What do you think scrambler?

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I've only put about an hour into them so far so take this with a grain of salt (this is directed at everyone reading this comment). Direct comparison to the Micro Ring:

- HDS2 is brighter with a clear v-shaped signature
- HDS2's lush mids are very similar in tone, but less forward
- HDS2 has a larger soundstage (thank you Yamaha for your amazing engineering on the housing)
- Like the Micro Ring, they are VERY smooth but are lacking the veil (edit...scratch that...still veiled)
- They're two very different earphones overall

They remind me a lot of the ED3c, but with a more airy soundstage and slightly more sub-bass. The mids despite being less forward than the ED3c's are more clear and intelligible. Weird. So far so good though. Haven't tried amping them yet.

*One thing that's throwing me off so far is mid presence. On some songs they sound really forward, on others they sound really recessed. Seems to be very sensitive to the recording.* 

Now those bring new meaning to BIG BORE nozzles, I'm guessing those double flange are specific to that model only?

Yeah...these nozzles are pretty beefy. Not for those with small ear canals, that's for sure, lol. These dual flange tips are just like the ones that came with my replica EPH-100s (now retired, btw), BUT, and this is a big but for those wanting replacement tips for their EPH-100, not nearly as flimsy and fragile feeling. I can actually get a seal with these, and they didn't tear apart when I first took them off. Still had to be careful, but it wasn't a test of patience and skill.

Yep, that's exactly the way they came to my place yesterday. Burning them in as I type this. The bass on these OOTB is insane IMO!!!!

Compared to the ZS1 these are little babies. Compared to "normal" iems, yeah, big bass :basshead:  

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #8,097 of 64,164

That's my experience with all 4 pairs (all the silver launch model); mostly flat/neutral dark sound. 

I tought I might be hearing something wrong with them... 
there are definiately better KZ's

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #8,099 of 64,164
HDS2 sounds good! Thank you Yamaha haha. Never tried the EPH100 but now I might not need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back