Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #8,101 of 64,385

That's my experience with all 4 pairs (all the silver launch model); mostly flat/neutral dark sound. 

Mine are black and I would say they are bassy...they are also dark sounding with rolled of highs. I wouldn't say mine are flat sounding. I wonder if somehow the silver and black sound a bit different? I think another member said they did sound different, either way I hope the ATE-S is an improvement but I do like the standard ATE and will be keeping them.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #8,102 of 64,385
OK, after ready much of the last few pages, I believe KZ has added an extra adition to there ED3 line-up. Right?

ED3 (original)

ED3 (Youth Version)

KZ S3 (ED3 (Silver))

and now

ED3c

.....Wow, They're going to lose me at some point.
blink.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #8,103 of 64,385
  OK, after ready much of the last few pages, I believe KZ has added an extra adition to there ED3 line-up. Right?

ED3 (original)

ED3 (Youth Version)

KZ S3 (ED3 (Silver))

and now

ED3c

blink.gif

ED3c is the youth version lol.

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #8,105 of 64,385

ED3 (original)

ED3 (Youth Version)

KZ S3 (ED3 (Silver))

and now

ED3c

blink.gif

ED3c doesn't exist, it's a misspell by a seller. It's called ED3 Youth Version.

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #8,106 of 64,385
Okay. The ED10 is the worst KZ I think in the current line up at the moment.
Right off the bat I'm hearing sibilance like I've never heard before in a IEM (Except for the 4$ rubbish cheapie plextone calls the X37M I bought as a sacrifical IEM after learning my lesson losing my HD660 due to stupidity. But the doboly is even cheaper lol.)

I'm hearing sloppy and splashy treble. No burn in and it sounds like that, it's going to the storage box.

Lastly, amazingly the EDR1 sounds better. The ED10 is unfortunately, form over function. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #8,107 of 64,385
  ED3c is the youth version lol.

Isn't there just the Perfection & Acme versions? The original Perfection version in silver and the newer Acme in various colors?
I ordered the ED3 Acme silver and it came in the Perfection silver...a bit confusing. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #8,108 of 64,385
  Mine are black and I would say they are bassy...they are also dark sounding with rolled of highs. I wouldn't say mine are flat sounding. I wonder if somehow the silver and black sound a bit different? I think another member said they did sound different, either way I hope the ATE-S is an improvement but I do like the standard ATE and will be keeping them.

cool.gif
Mine certainly do. The original Silver ones I have are BASS HEAVY as hell, the CLEAR (smoky Black) aren't as much.

Both of mine are Modded mind you with venting holes drilled in the Body and the COPPER "cap" removed from the driver. Maybe this is why.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #8,109 of 64,385
  Isn't there just the Perfection & Acme versions? The original Perfection version in silver and the newer Acme in various colors?
I ordered the ED3 Acme silver and it came in the Perfection silver...a bit confusing. 

The first "Acme" is the ED3 youth. The one with various colors. More colors than the pink floyd.

The new ED3 Acme Silver is the S3. If you got a Perfection then it's wrong

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #8,112 of 64,385

Original ED3 says Perfection at the sides of the housing. It's only in silver.
Youth version ED3c says The Acme at the sides. It's available in red and blue.
Not too sure, but I think the ED S3 says The Acme too. Silver again I think.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #8,114 of 64,385

Tell me how it sounds! Thinking of buying the ATE-S. Because it's over the ear the ATE keeps slipping off me ear without memory wire or the hook which annoys me

I guess we are all different, mine all seem to stay on better with just the cable around my ear
wink_face.gif
The biggest downfall for me with the ZS1's are the permanent and annoying memory wire
angry_face.gif

While I'm in the KZ thread really enjoying this little $65 rig
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #8,115 of 64,385
I guess we are all different, mine all seem to stay on better with just the cable around my ear:wink_face: The biggest downfall for me with the ZS1's are the permanent and annoying memory wire:angry_face:

While I'm in the KZ thread really enjoying this little $65 rig:D

Yep, I find the orignal ATE over the ear to be very comfortable and the little brass dangle seem to help. As for the Zs1's their down fall is (for me) the memory wire, it was a huge disappointment. So what it that magic little rig? Nice form factor ( something I really like about the X2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back