Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #8,071 of 64,385
Thank you and sorry the number was for what I listen are 60(pop) and 40(rock) out of 100

Now that makes a lot more sense. I've ran into a few that listen to the early Jazz etc. All the early stuff is so mixed source wise. But the list of phones still holds up Ed9, Edse Hd1 the Zn1 pretty much is tunable for anything Zs still bassy but fun.

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #8,075 of 64,385
741246a6f37a022124a8b377fc59ada0.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,076 of 64,385
not too sure. But if i need to guess, its probably zn1

Yes it's still their current flagship tech wise and form my experiance sound wise. I don't hesitate recommending them especially with the X1 ( I have both the X1 and X3ii) it works well with their ( Fiio ) house sound. The one caveat, which many pepple have difficulty over coming, it the placement of the EQ/amp. These are over the ear phones and the amp comes to rest on the upper cheast. Takes a little time to find a way to comfortably wear it ( I use two magnetic clasps, above and below) which simplifies thjngs. Made from clasp magnets from Michaels ( under $5.00) but I've fpund I use these on all my earphones simply because it's effortless and works. The sound is great on the Zn1's and easily tunable. Hard to go wrong.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #8,077 of 64,385
Yes it's still their current flagship tech wise and form my experiance sound wise. I don't hesitate recommending them especially with the X1 ( I have both the X1 and X3ii) it works well with their ( Fiio ) house sound. The one caveat, which many pepple have difficulty over coming, it the placement of the EQ/amp. These are over the ear phones and the amp comes to rest on the upper cheast. Takes a little time to find a way to comfortably wear it ( I use two magnetic clasps, above and below) which simplifies thjngs. Made from clasp magnets from Michaels ( under $5.00) but I've fpund I use these on all my earphones simply because it's effortless and works. The sound is great on the Zn1's and easily tunable. Hard to go wrong.

This seems to be a very nice combo for under $80 and they fit in a top shirt pocket just fine
wink_face.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #8,078 of 64,385
Wait!? You found the ATE bassy heavy? I've got four pairs that I got on release and all are very bass lite. They're all neutral and mildly warm.

cool.gif
Then you must be using the wrong Eartips.
biggrin.gif
Actually only 1 of my ATE are Bass Heavy the other isn't as bad but they are both DARK which is what I was referring to about the VJJB V1 it has a similar dark signature but I feel it's much more detailed.

BTW Try the Red Core Eartips that come with the ED9 on the ATE, they really sound good.

I still like the Xiaomi Hybrid better. Sorry, JMHO

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #8,079 of 64,385
alexlotta none, as far as I know, contain any volume controls due to some androids uaing different coding and the iPhone having a very different coding. They keep it simple with a the play/pause button.

The earphones have an option (before adding to youe cart) where you will choose mic or mic-less versions.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #8,080 of 64,385

You think VJJB V1 is bass heavy? ''~____~
I think our hearing differences are quite extreme...
By the way, having 2 tiny drivers doesn't make the earphones any better if they are both the same weaklings.
Seriously bro, if VJJB V1 is bass-heavy, then Plextone X41M is an atomic bomb.

cool.gif
Igor, I was referring to the Darker signature, not Being Bass Heavy. Personally there are quite a Few Single Driver Phones I like more than some of the Multi Driver. I'm NOT of the opinion that multi is better. For the most Part, I consider the KZ line to be Bass EQ'd. They pretty much say it on every earphone ad on Aliexpress.

The VJJB V1 really isn't a weakling with enough power. The EARMAX ER 580 or Moaol MP850 are weakings.

For example I LOVE the Carot One Tittas. They ARE Audiophile Neutral and damn near Flat. They are also single 11mm Driver. However, for most of you KZ addicts they won't have enough Bass though. but on the Bright side they take POWER and EQ beautifully.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #8,081 of 64,385
:cool: Then you must be using the wrong Eartips. :D Actually only 1 of my ATE are Bass Heavy the other isn't as bad but they are both DARK which is what I was referring to about the VJJB V1 it has a similar dark signature but I feel it's much more detailed.

BTW Try the Red Core Eartips that come with the ED9 on the ATE, they really sound good.

I still like the Xiaomi Hybrid better. Sorry, JMHO

I've swapped around eartips quite a bit. Settled on something similar to what you recommended, but made with softer silicone. None of the stock KZ tips play well with my ears :frowning2:

I would almost say they're dull sounding, but they have just barely enough treble energy to avoid it. That said, I quite enjoy them for relaxing and very low volume listening. More engaged sessions go to the HDS1,ZS1, or ANV...for the most part. Micro Ring gets some ear time, as does the ED3c.

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #8,082 of 64,385
Hmm, I've read impressions where people compare the ATEs to Rock Zircons - and the Zircons win out.

I have both Xiaomi hybrids n the Zircons. I honestly love the hybrids so much more. This is making me curious and giving me an itchy trigger finger.. Feel like getting the ATEs to find out.

Mind sharing your impression on why the ATEs are better than the hybrids?

cool.gif
I happen to 100% agree with you. The Xiaomi are far better. I have all of them.

It simply boils down to the fact that you can use these reviews and opinions as a Guide, but when it all boils down, either you like the sound or not personally.

Everyone has different Tastes and different hearing abilities. (Mine are quite good actually). Especially for an old fart that is treble sensitive.

Even though the Zircons aren't as EQ'd or detailed they still are a very enjoyable listen for most stuff.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #8,084 of 64,385
Dec 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #8,085 of 64,385
  ATE vs VVJB V1? 

balanced sound with little bit enhanced lows. which one is better for that?

cool.gif
Neither. They are actually more similar than different. IMO Both are darkish. My ATE's have more bass boost, but I feel the Vjjb's in all frequencies have better detail overall. That is for what they are, Inexpensive Chinese earphones.

Don't try and compare them to Say Dunu's, Trinities, or even Senns. They won't hold up.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back