Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #8,116 of 64,389
Yep, I find the orignal ATE over the ear to be very comfortable and the little brass dangle seem to help. As for the Zs1's their down fall is (for me) the memory wire, it was a huge disappointment. So what it that magic little rig? Nice form factor ( something I really like about the X2)

The new FiiO M3 and ED9's
wink_face.gif
Going to post up my amped version with this DAP over in "Budget-Fi" here any sec
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #8,117 of 64,389
The new FiiO M3 and ED9's:wink_face: Going to post up my amped version with this DAP over in "Budget-Fi" here any sec:bigsmile_face:

Thanks, missed the M3 entirely I'll thake a look at the post. Budget-fi obviously a misnomer.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #8,118 of 64,389
  The first "Acme" is the ED3 youth. The one with various colors. More colors than the pink floyd.

The new ED3 Acme Silver is the S3. If you got a Perfection then it's wrong

I bought these ~

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-ED3-Acme-Silver-Grade-HIFI-Fever-In-Ear-Headphones-The-Transient-Heavy-Low-Quality/32306483490.html

They say ED3 Acme...wrong ones? They actually are pretty good.

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #8,119 of 64,389
just received my pair of HDS1 off Banggood (insane fast delivery to Europe, somewhere 8-9 days, LOL)
first: now I have 4 different KZ each came in different packaging.... 
second: after many earphones and silicone tips I've found something that actually seals my ear canal. and I mean it. they almost make vacuum in my head when I try to remove them 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

I wish they would lose that rubbery and noisy cables.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #8,123 of 64,389
@Podster what player is that? Also, O don't know about you guys but the stock zs1 medium tips (red core) are hands down my favorite stock medium sized tips ever.

The new FiiO M3, fine sounding player. Some are not pleased with the UI (see thread) but I'm sure FiiO will be working on some fixes, works great for my needs and size, sound and build quality make it a sweet player for me.

I've amped it with the BW AP001 and it's still pocketable
wink_face.gif

And it sounds great with MOE's
biggrin.gif
More than enough clean power.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #8,126 of 64,389
cool.gif
My ED4 is on the way. QUICK HiFi, what's your first impression.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #8,127 of 64,389
Ordered KZ ED3 youth from Shenzhen HCkexin Electronic Technology on 11-25 and received them 12-7 not bad. 
Ordered ATE-S same day from Easy Earphones & Headphones Co'ltd but nothing yet...
frown.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #8,128 of 64,389
I got the EDR1, which is apparently an EDSE or close to it.  Pretty bright to me.  Some quick messing with the EQ, the more left the slider is the higher I raised it, ending at a max of about +6db at 20hz, that thickened things up a bit while still having clear detail.  

Only A-B'd them with a couple IEMs so far.  My old XKdun CK700 that were popular cheap IEMs in the past.  CK700 is thicker with way more (excessive) low end.  Left-right soundstage is similar, the EDR1 probably wins, but it's close.  CK700 sounds more aggressive, engaging, and closer soundstage in the front.  EDR1 center is farther away with nice depth and sense of space.  I'd say EDR1 has more detail, and not simply because it's brighter.  It's the typical "fun vs. analytical" fight.  Though that's not to say they both don't have crossover appeal in those categories.

Any new opinions on ED8?  Particularly ED8 vs. ATE?  I had ruled out the ED8 early on due to comments about excessive bass, but looking over more comments again, maybe the bass isn't as excessive as I thought, and, this really intrigued me, some people said the soundstage is huge. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #8,129 of 64,389
  Ordered KZ ED3 youth from Shenzhen HCkexin Electronic Technology on 11-25 and received them 12-7 not bad. 
Ordered ATE-S same day from Easy Earphones & Headphones Co'ltd but nothing yet...
frown.gif

How do you like the ED3 youth?

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #8,130 of 64,389

Any new opinions on ED8?  Particularly ED8 vs. ATE?  I had ruled out the ED8 early on due to comments about excessive bass, but looking over more comments again, maybe the bass isn't as excessive as I thought, and, this really intrigued me, some people said the soundstage is huge. 

Both ED8 and ATE share some traits. Both have nice, wide soundstage and sound smooth (no harshness). ED8 has slightly more bass and ATE is ahead in mids. In my opinion, ATE has an edge over ED8 in highs.

Comfort wise both earphones have mixed reviews. ATE are huge in size and worn from behind the ear. ED8 are one of the heaviest earphones KZ has ever produced. It can be worn behind the ear of cable down with equal comfort. In my experience ED8 are great for stationary listening, while ATEs help if you are walking/running.

Durability wise ED8 are among the most durable earphones of KZ. My two pairs, older than ATE are still in top notch condition, while ATE's cable joint to the earpiece is vulnerable. The sheath is of metal and that too, with sharp edges. My pair has started showing signs of the sheath edge digging into cable. 

ED8 is my favorite for EDM music and ATE for rock/vocal and other genres. Hope it helps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back