Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #7,156 of 64,160
The ZS1 is bass in your face tuning. It's two different speakers playing two different frequencies. I would compare it to two bookshelf speakers handling the mids and highs, and a high powered 15 inch subwoofer to handle the lows. These are definitely a bass head's delight.

It reminds me of my days with car audio. It's got that sub woofer boom that I can't help it enjoy with modern genres of music.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #7,157 of 64,160
The ZS1 is bass in your face tuning. It's two different speakers playing two different frequencies. I would compare it to two bookshelf speakers handling the mids and highs, and a high powered 15 inch subwoofer to handle the lows. These are definitely a bass head's delight.

It reminds me of my days with car audio. It's got that sub woofer boom that I can't help it enjoy with modern genres of music.

Almost sold :p

How are the mids and highs compared too say the ed9s? Mainly as far as vocals are concerned?

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #7,158 of 64,160

Yup, thats exactly what I get. Bass is a little slow to work with everything but on certain songs it has blown me away. That rumble!

How are the mids and highs compared too say the ed9s? Mainly as far as vocals are concerned?

I can't say compared to ED9 (yet, on the way along with a micro ring) but I think the vocals are very well presented. In fact surprisingly so, given the bass. They're not intimate but they're powerful, both genders. As for highs, theres a small amount of crispness in the lower treble but quite smooth and rolled off otherwise, as far as I can tell. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #7,159 of 64,160

The ZS1 is far off in terms of overall fidelity.

ZS1 is a good bass head phone. It can't touch the ED9 when talking about overall neutrality or presentation.

ZS1 is a bass head earphone.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #7,160 of 64,160

ZS1 is a good bass head phone. It can't touch the ED9 when talking about overall neutrality or presentation.

So far (after letting run for a few hours) it does seem to have a bass forward signature. The mids and highs while present are a little veiled. I'm using the red turbine tip ( started with the larger orafice blues ) I was thinking it may tame the bass tilting the signature. There wasn't a difference so it's still a hunt for the correct tips. I'll post as I go along.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #7,161 of 64,160

You could try also these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141721545729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251455352309?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Huawei honor IEM tips would be also good choice but I don`t know from where to get them separately.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-quality-Huawei-Honor-3-5mm-earphone-Ear-Headphones-headset-with-Mic-retail-box-for-iphone/32278105464.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.59aLMR&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb0_0,searchweb201560_9

Those dual-flanges mentioned before are too soft for what You are looking for and too small bore that affects sound in bad way.

Sponge tips for ED9 is hard to get right fit if brass nozzle is being used due to small breathing hole on nozzle.

Edit:

JVC Spiral dot in MS size might also fit You :wink:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-EP-FX9-Spiral-Dot-Replacement-Ear-Tips-6-pcs-Black-S-MS-M-ML-L-Japan-/131640696097?var=&hash=item1ea6659d21:m:mmjSKL3XINSj6W7fRb0f6ag

i want hard material inside of eartips. soft outside. i mean, are you sure eartips you mentioned above are match my needs? they may be use different color inside and make you think they are harder material. i mean,  they may use different color inside of eartips just to make it look good.

I have them all except Philips UE tips. Huawei honor are stiff inside. Those CX300 are softer inside but still firm enough. Spiral dots are also quite strong shaped from inside.
For Your specific requirement I would go with spiral dots - they are HQ and great sounding and comfy tips on market.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,162 of 64,160
Anyone heard about the ED9 Youth Edition (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ED9-Youth-Version-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HIFI/32521828496.html)? Are they any different than the original?

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #7,163 of 64,160

Vince, have you compared these to the VJJB's? They are touted as bass leading as well but with clear mids & highs?

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #7,164 of 64,160
Vince, have you compared these to the VJJB's? They are touted as bass leading as well but with clear mids & highs?
I haven't had much luck with the VJJB's, what tips are you guys using. Also spent a few more hours with ZS1 this morning. Pretty good with acoustic music, I just don't think the tuning is right for an earphone

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #7,165 of 64,160

cool.gif
Podster I have the VJJB's. One of my best surprises, when I went on a summer cheap-Phones buying spree. Very Nice, similar to KZ ATE EQ, a Tad less Bass, more controlled and Faster, with tons more definition, Much more Punchy Mids and Highs as well. But still on the Dark side of things.

JMHO

Great Phones for the $$$. I keep them in my Rotation. They replaced the ATE.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #7,166 of 64,160

cool.gif
Podster I have the VJJB's. One of my best surprises, when I went on a summer cheap-Phones buying spree. Very Nice, similar to KZ ATE EQ, a Tad less Bass, more controlled and Faster, with tons more definition, Much more Punchy Mids and Highs as well. But still on the Dark side of things.

JMHO

Great Phones for the $$$. I keep them in my Rotation. They replaced the ATE.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Well I wanted to try a couple other cheap iem's while getting the youth edition ED9's and have been curious on the VJJB's and like you said I've not lost the ship for a possible bad lifeboat in regards to their price
blink.gif
THX Twin
bigsmile_face.gif

raybo, keep rolling tips brother
wink_face.gif

If you want to hear funny the wife said to me are you really going to by something that goes in your ear and says VJJ on it
eek.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #7,167 of 64,160
  Anyone heard about the ED9 Youth Edition (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ED9-Youth-Version-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HIFI/32521828496.html)? Are they any different than the original?

Youth edition?? They look the same as before. I think its just a gimmick by the seller as new batch of KZ iem are hitting the market.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #7,168 of 64,160

If they have half decent male vocals and alot of bass im thinking they might be suitable for my 90s hip hop collection

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #7,169 of 64,160
If they have half decent male vocals and alot of bass im thinking they might be suitable for my 90s hip hop collection

I can agree, I ran my Sn1's all night and there is some improvement. I hear the vocals coming together both male and female, still bass forward but they're headed in the right direction.

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #7,170 of 64,160

interesting. i think its same as normal ed9. but looks cool, so anyone who thinks gonna buy ed9, can buy this youth version. further information will be welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back