Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 1, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #7,141 of 64,378
  thanks! will buy them if the eartips i mentioned above isnt good for my ears.

btw, what do you guys think about this product? i mean this type eartips;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1pair-super-comfortable-sponge-isolation-headphone-Tips-headset-memory-foam-sponge-earphone-ear-pads/32477744702.html?s=p

KZ ate comes with them. I initially don't really like it but they are actually better after I got use to them. They get dirty and spoil easily though.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #7,142 of 64,378
  thanks! will buy them if the eartips i mentioned above isnt good for my ears.

btw, what do you guys think about this product? i mean this type eartips;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1pair-super-comfortable-sponge-isolation-headphone-Tips-headset-memory-foam-sponge-earphone-ear-pads/32477744702.html?s=p

......As others mention here, it might take a little time to get use to them. But, you have to be careful, they are a little bigger than the average size when compared with silicone tips. For example, I use medium tips, and it happens to be that the medium round sponge tips are a little too big and uncomfortable for me. Even after a while wearing them, they tend to pop-out?!

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #7,143 of 64,378
  hey.

small size ed9 eartips are too small for my ear, and medium size is too big. what do you recommend me? i want eartips with hard material used inside and soft material on the outside, thus it wont twist inside of my earcanal and not uncomfortable either.

You could try also these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141721545729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251455352309?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Huawei honor IEM tips would be also good choice but I don`t know from where to get them separately.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-quality-Huawei-Honor-3-5mm-earphone-Ear-Headphones-headset-with-Mic-retail-box-for-iphone/32278105464.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.59aLMR&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb0_0,searchweb201560_9

Those dual-flanges mentioned before are too soft for what You are looking for and too small bore that affects sound in bad way.

Sponge tips for ED9 is hard to get right fit if brass nozzle is being used due to small breathing hole on nozzle.

Edit:

JVC Spiral dot in MS size might also fit You :wink:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-EP-FX9-Spiral-Dot-Replacement-Ear-Tips-6-pcs-Black-S-MS-M-ML-L-Japan-/131640696097?var=&hash=item1ea6659d21:m:mmjSKL3XINSj6W7fRb0f6ag

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #7,144 of 64,378
After trying variety of tips for ED10, settled with Sony Ericsson's MH1 medium sized tips. While I like listening to somewhat different sound signature provided by ED10s (compared to other KZs in my small collection, EDSE appears closest match), it's treble just doesn't seems to be getting tamed (after so many hours of usage). I am ending up getting fatigued way too easily with these (mere 30 minutes of usage). It looks like I might not be the right candidate for this type of music signature.

OTOH, ATE with JVC spiral dot tips (large size) gives me brilliant listening experience for long hours with the same music setup.

(My music set-up - Fiio X1 LO, Topping NX1 Lowgain, MP3/AACs 320, 256 kbps respectively)

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #7,145 of 64,378
ATE with JVC spiral dot tips (large size) gives me brilliant listening experience for long hours with the same music setup.

+1

I also got JVC Spiral Dot tips little time ago and they are perfect for ATE imo (I`m using smallest ones). Although sometimes when I don`t use IEM`s for a week or so, then I go for white small super-soft silicones I`m using currently with WOM-mod, they are ultra-comfy in ear-canal.
Soon I will receive some more tips and then I should have 18-19 different tips in my collection and will do short tip-rolling through KZ IEM`s again. Those Spiral Dots and white ones are certainly on top-3 I believe.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #7,148 of 64,378
  You could try also these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141721545729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251455352309?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Huawei honor IEM tips would be also good choice but I don`t know from where to get them separately.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-quality-Huawei-Honor-3-5mm-earphone-Ear-Headphones-headset-with-Mic-retail-box-for-iphone/32278105464.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.59aLMR&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb0_0,searchweb201560_9

Those dual-flanges mentioned before are too soft for what You are looking for and too small bore that affects sound in bad way.

Sponge tips for ED9 is hard to get right fit if brass nozzle is being used due to small breathing hole on nozzle.

Edit:

JVC Spiral dot in MS size might also fit You :wink:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-EP-FX9-Spiral-Dot-Replacement-Ear-Tips-6-pcs-Black-S-MS-M-ML-L-Japan-/131640696097?var=&hash=item1ea6659d21:m:mmjSKL3XINSj6W7fRb0f6ag

i want hard material inside of eartips. soft outside. i mean, are you sure eartips you mentioned above are match my needs? they may be use different color inside and make you think they are harder material. i mean,  they may use different color inside of eartips just to make it look good.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #7,149 of 64,378
Just received some EDSEs to replace my broken pair (ripped at the split to the L/R), and very interested to see that the split now has reinforcement, so hopefully this pair will last longer. Was happy with them, but generally only used for podcasts, didn't really like them with music that much.

Also picked up a pair of HDS1s, quite like the sound out of them so far! Cables and joins seem quite a bit flimsier than the EDSEs though. I expect them to bite the dust fairly easily. Oh right, the supplied flanges don't even fit them though, that's pretty stupid.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #7,150 of 64,378
Received my zs1 today, don't really have high hopes for these. Tried the supplied silicone tips with x5ii and tuning just sounds off. Switched to comply tips and not much difference. If anyone has received theirs and has any ideas, post them

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #7,151 of 64,378
Received my zs1 today, don't really have high hopes for these. Tried the supplied silicone tips with x5ii and tuning just sounds off. Switched to comply tips and not much difference. If anyone has received theirs and has any ideas, post them

The problem is the nozzle. Its wide but the hole for the sound to come out is much smaller. While I quite like the stock tips (for fit), the core is too stiff and so it creates a little sound chamber in there. I can see complys doing this too. Its very questionable design.

Try using more normal 'hybrid' style tips - ones where the core sort of merges into the tip. Fit them on as far as they'll go. It definitely helped. I'm going to try smaller bore hybrids (sony ones) tonight, given how small the sound hole is I don't think wide bores make much sense. 

The tuning is still quite... interesting. I'm intending to describe it later on but for now, it almost seems designed for movies - vocals are great and sub-bass is impressive, but it doesn't really work for a lot of music I listen to. Still, when it does, it REALLY does. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #7,152 of 64,378

That's not what I expected nor wanted to hear.  From Alexenders comment, I'm wondering if they are different from the Zn1's. The Zn1 screen measures 5.25mm but the outside diameter is 6.16mm  and 4.95mm where the tips grab on so imagine the mean inside diameter is more like 4.75mm. Not sure how that related to the Sn1's as I'm still waiting for my set. On the Zn's I am using the Blue  turbo 'wide' bore tips 9 the red turbo spirals had a much smaller opening) which puts the screen recess at 1.75mm, which isn't much. Maybe they'll help. The blue are Kz's but ordered separately.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #7,153 of 64,378

Hopefully, I'll find a solution once I get mines this week.
redface.gif

The problem is the nozzle. Its wide but the hole for the sound to come out is much smaller. While I quite like the stock tips (for fit), the core is too stiff and so it creates a little sound chamber in there. I can see complys doing this too. Its very questionable design.

Try using more normal 'hybrid' style tips - ones where the core sort of merges into the tip. Fit them on as far as they'll go. It definitely helped. I'm going to try smaller bore hybrids (sony ones) tonight, given how small the sound hole is I don't think wide bores make much sense. 

The tuning is still quite... interesting. I'm intending to describe it later on but for now, it almost seems designed for movies - vocals are great and sub-bass is impressive, but it doesn't really work for a lot of music I listen to. Still, when it does, it REALLY does. 

Thanks for the tip! 
etysmile.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #7,154 of 64,378
Alexander makes some good points. The music sounds like it's coming from a chamber to me. i did try some different tips, softer stem, more flexible, and i inserted the monitors as far as I could in my ear. Results were better but not by much. There's 4 vents on each, I wonder if closing off a few might help.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #7,155 of 64,378
Well instead of measuring the Zn1's I should have walked out to the mail box. Sitting inside nestled among the letters we're my Sn1's!
Packaging was different than any other Kz. Outer box was black paper of a design to aid some shock resistance. Inside another black heavy paper box with two (2) bags of tips red and blue turbines. Inside that the Sn1's inside a small KZ black zipped pouch. I wasn't expecting that but matches the units I bought for my other Kz's. The ear piece while looking the same as the Zn1's aren't as the have a small gold tone nozzle inserted with a very small aperture (1.19mm approx.) Threw them on with the mounted medium red turbines (small opening) and the first thing that struck me was 1.) their  lack of base2.) the memory wire is going to be an issue. Put on a set of blue turbines, some help with the bass but fit is going to be an issue. So that's where I stand, this may take a bit, but I'm not as enthused as I could be and I'm not ready to start the process tonight. But I am amazed how quickly they arrived it was 9 days to California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back