Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #7,127 of 64,378
  ordered ed2, pc adapter, and 1 pair of eartips today.

all of em, 6.99.

Please give us some impressions on the ED2 once you get them.
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #7,129 of 64,378

Please give us some impressions on the ED2 once you get them.
wink.gif

i think it will take more than a month, but of course, i can compare it to ed9 once i get ed2 :)
  @davi99 Could you please post the tips link?

here you go;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pair-Replacement-Earbud-Ear-Tips-for-All-Models-of-Headphones/32450415255.html

note: i dont tried them since i dont get them yet. i dont take responsibilty about eligiblity of tips into kz earphones.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #7,130 of 64,378
hey.

small size ed9 eartips are too small for my ear, and medium size is too big. what do you recommend me? i want eartips with hard material used inside and soft material on the outside, thus it wont twist inside of my earcanal and not uncomfortable either.

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #7,131 of 64,378
OK things I've read about the ZN1 & ZS1~

ZN1 may have the channels wired reversed (deal killer for me)
ZN1 has a lot of noise while using amp (also a deal killer)
ZN1 does not work with some equipment in passive mode (I listen to cd's not ripped files)
ZN1 wiring is not logical for wearing them around (not an issue as I'm always sitting??)

ZS1 is still not available 
ZS1 lacks bass
ZS1 does not sound like ZN1 in passive mode
ZS1 may have channels wired in reverse

Please advise...

Just received my zs1, 7 days from when I ordered from amazon and shipped to California.

Bass is not lacking as long as I push the nozzles deeper into my ears.

I like the sound better than zn1's passive mode, which I returned because of the amp design and channel reversal.

The channels on my zs1 are not reversed.

However, my biggest issue with zs1 is with the fit, specifically the memory wire. After many practices I found the best way to wear them, but even that requires a bit of adjustment every time I listen to them.

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #7,132 of 64,378
Just received my zs1, 7 days from when I ordered from amazon and shipped to California.

I like the sound better than zn1's passive mode, which I returned because of the amp design and channel reversal.

However, my biggest issue with zs1 is with the fit, specifically the memory wire. After many practices I found the best way to wear them, but even that requires a bit of adjustment every time I listen to them.

What's the best fir tor the ZS1?

I've seen a photo where the cable goes up and around the ear, and I thought they could be used with a 'standard' fit, but I am not sure anymore.

And are they comfortable to wear?

I was going to buy them but I have some doubts about their desing

Oct 31, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #7,133 of 64,378

Somehow I'd missed the fact they had mem wire until the other day. I haven't had great luch with it. So does it look as if the ear pieces are the same ( zs1 / zn1) ? Glad they don't sound like the Zn1's in passive. I fortunately had good luck with the Zn1's and was hoping the signature aligned at some point but were simple to wear. You know no fuss no muss easy to put in and just plus and play, doesn't quite sound like that. Looking forward to hear what you think of them.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7,134 of 64,378
What's the best fir tor the ZS1?

I've seen a photo where the cable goes up and around the ear, and I thought they could be used with a 'standard' fit, but I am not sure anymore.

And are they comfortable to wear?

I was going to buy them but I have some doubts about their desing

I don't think you can wear them cable-down style because of the memory wire. Cable-up and around the ear is the only way. The large housing and the position of the nozzles don't make them very comfortable to wear if you have smaller ears. The memory wire does have one advantage, i.e., making them very secure when you exercise.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #7,135 of 64,378

here you go;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pair-Replacement-Earbud-Ear-Tips-for-All-Models-of-Headphones/32450415255.htm

note: i dont tried them since i dont get them yet. i dont take responsibilty about eligiblity of tips into kz earphones.

Thanks, they look identical to the klipsch oval tips, the most comfortable tips I've ever used. Only problem is that they are very small bore so won't fit everything. Will order one and see.

Thanks again!  

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #7,136 of 64,378
So I've had my HDS1 for awhile now and can say without a doubt I hate the cable, worst microphonics of any of my Kz's. The sound though is excellent... and I still have the stock tips on them! Never even felt the need to try another and that is most definitely a first for me. 
I think the sound is similar to the ED9 but HDS1 has something in its presentation (especially of percussion) that I may enjoy more than the ED9's. Listening to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones ~ Live at the Quick I was really impressed with the way everything was being presented but felt the ED9 might have a bit more refinement overall. I can't believe I'm talking about a 6 and 12 dollar headphone!

At any rate the HDS1 is amazing for 6 bucks and the fit and comfort are phenomenal as well. I can't see anyone complaining about this hp as it punches so far above its price point. The only issue for me is that freaking cable...

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #7,137 of 64,378
  So I've had my HDS1 for awhile now and can say without a doubt I hate the cable, worst microphonics of any of my Kz's. The sound though is excellent... and I still have the stock tips on them! Never even felt the need to try another and that is most definitely a first for me. 
I think the sound is similar to the ED9 but HDS1 has something in its presentation (especially of percussion) that I may enjoy more than the ED9's. Listening to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones ~ Live at the Quick I was really impressed with the way everything was being presented but felt the ED9 might have a bit more refinement overall. I can't believe I'm talking about a 6 and 12 dollar headphone!

At any rate the HDS1 is amazing for 6 bucks and the fit and comfort are phenomenal as well. I can't see anyone complaining about this hp as it punches so far above its price point. The only issue for me is that freaking cable...

+1, I agree with everything you've said

I go over the ear with my KZ HDS1. It works great and eliminates the cable noise

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #7,139 of 64,378
  hey.

small size ed9 eartips are too small for my ear, and medium size is too big. what do you recommend me? i want eartips with hard material used inside and soft material on the outside, thus it wont twist inside of my earcanal and not uncomfortable either.

KZ spiral gel tips (that come with the ED10/11). .....Hope this helps!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.5.ZJPKBd&scm=1007.10009.14918.100200300000001&id=45557399094&pvid=34771761-1299-4acc-9389-a49b3dfa4bbf

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-3-Size-In-Ear-Bud-Earphone-Covers-Headphones-Gel-Tip-Case-Replacement-Silicone-Earbuds/32416239335.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.1.0Jh8mA&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_3_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb0_0,searchweb201560_9

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #7,140 of 64,378

thanks! will buy them if the eartips i mentioned above isnt good for my ears.

btw, what do you guys think about this product? i mean this type eartips;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1pair-super-comfortable-sponge-isolation-headphone-Tips-headset-memory-foam-sponge-earphone-ear-pads/32477744702.html?s=p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back