Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 19, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4,666 of 63,834

I find a frequency response of ed9 with the 2 nozzles, is the sound heared in mind like this? Could guess the two color curves represent which nozzles?
L3000.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4,667 of 63,834

I find a frequency response of ed9 with the 2 nozzles , is the sound heared in mind like this ?

Hi, which line is which filter?

From my perspective light green looks like brass filter and green is of gold filter.

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #4,668 of 63,834
Damn it, guys, so ANV is awesome too? Oh well, guess I have to find out, there goes another couple of dollars..

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #4,670 of 63,834
  Haven`t still received my translucent black version of ATE but it might be different sounding than silver one. One guy from my country local forum had really bright and sibilance highs by his words with black version. Sounds nothing like my silver ATE was
rolleyes.gif
And another guy said his unit is good, with littlebit smoothed highs.

smily_headphones1.gif
If there is a difference I would believe it's caused by the difference in materials in the Plastic Shells. I would think the Clear shells would be harder material. Just guessing on this one Coil.
I will let you know if I get mine before you do. Mine is tied up in transit between different points in the State which I live.... Dumbas*es

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #4,673 of 63,834
  I think the ED9 is still meant to sound better, but I impulse bought them because they look good. I ordered them from taobao and am planning to get them forwarded by yoybuy forwarding service. They cost 78 yuan (inc shipping within china) + whatever international shipping will cost. 

I went for the "wheat edition" over the standard one, whatever that means.....

Do you like Tenore more than ATE and ED9?

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #4,675 of 63,834
Do you think that ATE is as good or better than AN16?

I'm sure the AN16 is probably the 'better' of the two, but I prefer the ATE. It has a touch more treble emphasis than the AN16, and slightly deeped bass. The AN16 is too laid back and relaxed for my preferences. I generally lean towards bright and bassy, hence my love of JVC phones and the Titan 1. However, stuff like the ATE definitely still has a place in my listening portfolio.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #4,676 of 63,834

I can't find a Fault at all with the sound of the ANV it's just beautiful. The only Fault I can find is maybe they aren't quite the comfort level of the smaller KZs as they are larger and apparently made of a heavier ceramic material. 

What are You talking about?
blink.gif
They are ultra-comfortable, perfect size and lightest IEM I`ve ever had! 

biggrin.gif

Btw, I tested many things and so far only way to boost littlebit ANV sub-bass is to cover breathing holes on black plastic... BUT... it can cause damage to drivers when inserting tips into ears because air doesn`t escape from chamber and membrane gets "squeezed" backwards. If done gently then ok but I already got one "click" and right channel sounded weird. Had to do some same moves that membrane got back to its own shape again. I have some other ideas how to get that little sub-bass boost but need to experiment more.
I will probably also do nozzle-change mod (for using ED9 nozzles) because for my ears ANV nozzle is littlebit short.
Fun fun fun...
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #4,678 of 63,834
Jun 19, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #4,679 of 63,834
Jun 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,680 of 63,834
How do they compare sound wise to ED9 and ATE?

I personally like them more, but I'll definitely be in the minority here. They're pretty old and build quality isn't nearly as good as, well, pretty much anything else KZ offers, lol. They still offer up quality sound though; quick yet deep bass (more than ATE, but not as much as ED9 [gold]), warm and forward mids (similar to ATE), great soundstage, detailed treble (it lacks that sparkle the ED9 [gold or brass] has, and is more like ATE). They're right up there with the ANV as my fav KZ iems. 

I more posted that link for those who mentioned they wanted a pair much, much earlier in the thread, in case they haven't bought them and were still interested. More of a "complete the collection" kinda thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back