Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #4,696 of 63,919
Well, most ppl here think of ED9 rather as brighter sounding IEM than neutral. ANV is what I would call flat/neutral. 
But of course... depends on gear being used, music, hearing, tips used, file format etc. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4,697 of 63,919
Jun 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,698 of 63,919
I had the KZ ED9 but just didn't like the sound, I changed filters added and removed foam and generally messed around with them for hours but the treble was just too splashy and piercing at times, I didn't like the way vocals sounded on it and to be honest it wasn't even very comfortable to wear and a bit on the heavy side.

But caught up in the spirit of adventure I have just raided Aliexpress and ordered the ATE and ANV along with the MOAL M850(dual driver) all for bargain prices and fingers crossed I can get along with them better than my ED9s

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,699 of 63,919
Wait, what? There are two different versions? I bought from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-GK-ANV-Aluminium-Alloy-Professional-Noise-Cancelling-Dynamic-Balance-HiFi-Heavy-Bass-In-Ear-Stereo/32221572219.html#feedback

Wonder what version I have? From description looks I bought 2014 version but not sure, hard to understand such text.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #4,701 of 63,919
Probably ATE but it`s rather large IEM and fit might be issue.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #4,702 of 63,919
Wait, what? There are two different versions? I bought from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-GK-ANV-Aluminium-Alloy-Professional-Noise-Cancelling-Dynamic-Balance-HiFi-Heavy-Bass-In-Ear-Stereo/32221572219.html#feedback

Wonder what version I have? From description looks I bought 2014 version but not sure, hard to understand such text.

Some stores mention 2013 and some mention 2014. My first pair were the 2013 version picked up from the first "official KZ store" before they reworked. Can't recall where I got the second. There were noticeable sonic differences between the two: most obvious was that the new one had cleaner, more controlled treble. Felt like a they had a bit more sub-bass as well, but this I'm not 100% sure on. Pretty sure my second pair are a 2014 version.

Edit: reading the description I think you got the 2014 version.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #4,704 of 63,919

And by the time I recieve ATE/ED9 it turns out ED10 is the best KZ IEM to date. xD

It seems every time the newest KZ is the best but then it turns out that an older one is still a bit better... hard to look through the hype. Personally I think the KZs dont differ to much in sound quality, they do differ in their frequency responses though. So get a KZ that fits your likings, and be happy with it :)

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #4,705 of 63,919

It seems every time the newest KZ is the best but then it turns out that an older one is still a bit better... hard to look through the hype. Personally I think the KZs dont differ to much in sound quality, they do differ in their frequency responses though. So get a KZ that fits your likings, and be happy with it :)

I already own ED2, I want a new one! :D

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #4,707 of 63,919
  Those who wish to try, KZ ANV is selling for 9$ atm: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html

smily_headphones1.gif
OH SURE, now you tell me. I paid $9.29 for mine. I was robbed....
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,709 of 63,919

smily_headphones1.gif
I have the GK's  & they are superb, Basically Flat, with tack sharp resolution equaling the Havi's. They have an ENORMOUS Bass when called for, Like I said in a previous post I believe they are grossly under speced in their Bass Frequency limit.  BUT it doesn't get in the way, nor does it dominate the other frequencies. Does that make any sense at all? These are the first earphones I have had that almost give you that sub-bass slam you get in the chest from a Big Home Subwoofer.

Clearly my Favs so Far. I got them from the Seller in the 1st Link Coil posted. The way I read it is they changed them in 2013 to the new version. Just like McDonalds: xxxxx Billions sold.....

If you have any doubts, buy them to compare with the ones you have. I didn't know there were 2 Versions.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #4,710 of 63,919
KZ really needs to get their descriptions and naming straight. The descriptions don't make any sense what so ever ("Super bowl augmented mids sound effect", what the..?), and if they've made improvements on an earphone, it should be in their best interest to be clear about this in the naming, i.e. ANV v.2 or something..  

Anyway, I hope the ANV I ordered is the new version, at least it had that same description that mentioned 2013 and 2014 in it, the rest of it didn't make too much sense..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back