Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 18, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,651 of 63,919
:) I see they unlocked this thread. The only trouble I have with shipping is once it hits the U.S. I'm Waiting for my replacement Clear ATE's as we speak. First they come into Chicago then it's 2 days sorting. Then they ship it for mailing to ANOTHER Chicago Post office, another Day. It arrives in Detroit and sits for 2 Days. NOW KEEP in mind My Local post office is less than 20 miles away in Warren Mi. It should take about 45 mins absolute TOPS to get it to my post office. It left Detroit at 3:38 A.M 6/17. Plenty of time to get it sorted on the truck and delivered YESTERDAY 17th. NO DELIVERY......

WHY you ask? Because they decided to ship it to GRAND RAPIDS First, 200 Miles away to the west. It doesn't look like they will get it here for delivery today because it took them over 15 Hrs. to ship it to Grand Rapids which, BTW, is a 3 1/2 hour trip from Detroit. And then they wonder why the Postal service is in trouble.

What a Bunch of F**kbubbles. No offense to any of you who work for our nation's postal system but, YOU BLOW.

Rant Over. I feel better now.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: TWIN

Still faster than Canada's system. When stuff i order arrives in Mississauga, it sits there for a few days to a week. London is two hours away following the speed limit (and who does that? No one). To really put it into perspective, my Edse made it from China to Mississauga faster than they made from Mississauga to London.

Jun 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #4,653 of 63,919
Hey guys, I tried changing the tips of my ed9 to xiaomi middle tips. This is because the seal is not as good, I can hear people talking around me clearly.On top of that,the earphone tend to fall out of my ear quite often.

When I removed the tips, I saw that there was some green oxidation on my brass nozzles. Only the part covered by the tips were oxidized. The part exposed, near the housing is fine. Also keeping a silica gel pack in earphone bag would help.

Anyone else facing the same thing?. 

Yep, this is an issue with brass nozzle of ED9. Same I've seen on ED8m's nozzle too. There's a lot of green deposit on nozzles. Especially because I live in humid climate.

Don't worry though it's because of natural corrosion of brass. Since they didn't coat it, it's bound to corrode sooner or later.

As a preventive measure you may wipe the nozzle clean and spray it with anti rust spray from outside. Take super care of inside and grills though. Spray otherwise will mess up sound.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #4,654 of 63,919
I took my ED9 brass nozzle grills off so I could clean them easily with kitchen chemistry (baking soda + vinegar, like I clean my tubes pins). No changes in sound (with foam mod).

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,655 of 63,919
Still faster than Canada's system. When stuff i order arrives in Mississauga, it sits there for a few days to a week. London is two hours away following the speed limit (and who does that? No one). To really put it into perspective, my Edse made it from China to Mississauga faster than they made from Mississauga to London.

You guys don't know what a bad shipping service is. Here in Brazil packages aways takes more time traveling from the customs to our houses than from china to Brazil! Sometimes it take a full 3 months to receive a package from Aliexpress
mad.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #4,656 of 63,919
You guys don't know what a bad shipping service is. Here in Brazil packages aways takes more time traveling from the customs to our houses than from china to Brazil! Sometimes it take a full 3 months to receive a package from Aliexpress :mad:   

That's insane. I feel for you man.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #4,657 of 63,919
Looking at the last pic it seems like inside the filter there is a little piece of metal sticking out , take a pencil and push that little piece so that it sits on the inner wall of the filter and not outward. The headphones will no longer sound hollow. Happened to me too.
Quote:

Yeah they must be broken. It's unbelievable. Will check the connections in a few minutes, they were almost as power hungry as the Havis so that may explain something...

EDIT
Link store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-High-Quality-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Headphone/32339469493.html

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #4,658 of 63,919
smily_headphones1.gif
Well now! After an extensive listen session last night I have a firm handle on my personal Preferences of KZ phones that I Own, so Far:

#1 ANV
#2 ATE
#3 ED9
#4 CM9
#5 EDSE
#6 ED8 (Which I gave to my Daughter)

I can't find a Fault at all with the sound of the ANV it's just beautiful.  I Use the Medium Small-Bore Black Rubber Bullet-shaped Tip that comes with a Few of the KZ's. I favor the 2 warmest phones as they don't fatigue you after a couple hours. The only Fault I can find is maybe they aren't quite the comfort level of the smaller KZs as they are larger and apparently made of a heavier ceramic material. Oh and I'm not crazy about the lower section of the wire being side by side as well.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #4,659 of 63,919

smily_headphones1.gif
Well now! After an extensive listen session last night I have a firm handle on my personal Preferences of KZ phones that I Own, so Far:

#1 ANV
#2 ATE
#3 ED9
#4 CM9
#5 EDSE
#6 ED8 (Which I gave to my Daughter)

I can't find a Fault at all with the sound of the ANV it's just beautiful.  I Use the Medium Small-Bore Black Rubber Bullet-shaped Tip that comes with a Few of the KZ's. I favor the 2 warmest phones as they don't fatigue you after a couple hours. The only Fault I can find is maybe they aren't quite the comfort level of the smaller KZs as they are larger and apparently made of a heavier ceramic material. Oh and I'm not crazy about the lower section of the wire being side by side as well.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

ANV ranks above ATE and ED9 to you?? Wow I thought the ATE was pretty good already. Still waiting on the ED9..

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #4,660 of 63,919
cool.gif
You may disagree you really have to hear any earphone for yourself. The ANV just pushes all the right buttons for my tastes. It is Precise, I disagree with Wokei, I think it is just as detailed as the Havi. The Bass is exceptional. It is Fast Tight and not overbearing but is available in a HUGE amount when needed, especially noticable with Trance Music. I am really of the mind that the Specs on this 'phone are vastly underrated on the bass. It says 5 hz. I'm thinking it goes substantially lower. What leads me to believe this is the way it reacts to the Bass Boost on my Fiio E12. Any other Phone I have or have had is Greatly affected by the Boost and is radically apparent. Not so with the ANV, it enhances the bass, yes---but to nowhere the degree it does with other phones. Maybe the 14MM diameter Diaphram, (which is HUGE in earphone terms), is responsible? I don't really know.

I just know I like them.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #4,661 of 63,919
I'm with Twin on the ANV. Such a good earphone. I've kinda gotten over the initial ED9 honeymoon phase and find the treble too alike that on the EDse, which is not to my tastes. I rank the ANV, ATE, and Micro Ring as my top three, out of the KZ iems that I have; ATE, Micro Ring, ED9, EDse, ED3, and R3 (those are in no particular order BTW).

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #4,662 of 63,919
I'm with Twin on the ANV. Such a good earphone. I've kinda gotten over the initial ED9 honeymoon phase and find the treble too alike that on the EDse, which is not to my tastes. I rank the ANV, ATE, and Micro Ring as my top three, out of the KZ iems that I have; ATE, Micro Ring, ED9, EDse, ED3, and R3 (those are in no particular order BTW).

I wonder how much consistent the QC are, coz I just received my translucent ATE and they sound pretty dull compared to my EDSE. I have the "wheat" version of the ATE... ie with mic.
wink_face.gif

Even compared to ED3, the ATE is dull and bass is Meh. Really everything sound veiled and I put the EDSE tips, comply tips, still sounds dull. If I remember correctly, all the EDSE I bought.  (3 pairs) all sounded the same, no burning in required. 
Out of the box, the ATE i received are not better that stuff u buy on the street. Problem is that left and right sounds dull, it this were a QC problem on one of the drivers or something... I am using X2 xDuoo Dap and they normally sounds quite nice, with ATE I feel I am just listening to FM radio bandwidth..

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #4,663 of 63,919

Seems to be you are right. Was putting some foam in them which made the brass sound like the gold, so got the foam out of the brass and ????? The sound changed completely. At least I hear some bass! (Without foam)

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #4,664 of 63,919
  I wonder how much consistent the QC are, coz I just received my translucent ATE and they sound pretty dull compared to my EDSE. I have the "wheat" version of the ATE... ie with mic.
wink_face.gif

Even compared to ED3, the ATE is dull and bass is Meh. Really everything sound veiled and I put the EDSE tips, comply tips, still sounds dull. If I remember correctly, all the EDSE I bought.  (3 pairs) all sounded the same, no burning in required.
Out of the box, the ATE i received are not better that stuff u buy on the street. Problem is that left and right sounds dull, it this were a QC problem on one of the drivers or something... I am using X2 xDuoo Dap and they normally sounds quite nice, with ATE I feel I am just listening to FM radio bandwidth..

Must be a defective unit. ATE sounds pretty good to me.

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #4,665 of 63,919
Haven`t still received my translucent black version of ATE but it might be different sounding than silver one. One guy from my country local forum had really bright and sibilance highs by his words with black version. Sounds nothing like my silver ATE was
rolleyes.gif
And another guy said his unit is good, with littlebit smoothed highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back