Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #4,637 of 63,919
  I can't find anyplace to buy these, are they supposed to be better than the ed9?

I think the ED9 is still meant to sound better, but I impulse bought them because they look good. I ordered them from taobao and am planning to get them forwarded by yoybuy forwarding service. They cost 78 yuan (inc shipping within china) + whatever international shipping will cost. 

I went for the "wheat edition" over the standard one, whatever that means.....

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #4,638 of 63,919
I think the ED9 is still meant to sound better, but I impulse bought them because they look good. I ordered them from taobao and am planning to get them forwarded by yoybuy forwarding service. They cost 78 yuan (inc shipping within china) + whatever international shipping will cost. 

I went for the "wheat edition" over the standard one, whatever that means.....

Mic edition of course

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #4,639 of 63,919
So I took a look closer at the ED9s. Looks like the gold filters are not as long as each other. Gold filters dont sound that bad but they are not my preferred sound signature, I bought them for their neutral sound with brass filters. Cant help it, but even with low volume I get ringing ears and headaches from them. They sound like they are not sealed a smallest bit: that tiny, harsh and hollow.
I could not hear lower notes in the spectrum in symphony music, only higher string's notes, just as with a bad seal. Havi B3p1 sound much fuller in comparison and Monoprice 8320 are bashead-like compared to ED9 brass! Basshead, the MP8320. That few bass has my ED9 brass. Almost zero. Could anyone test that, listening to for example a symphony of Beethoven? Theyre unlistenable for sure.
Gold filters are dark and have rolled off treble but at least I dont get headaches from them.

If anyone here is able to help me, that would be great. Maybe only the brass filters are broken.

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #4,640 of 63,919
  So I took a look closer at the ED9s. Looks like the gold filters are not as long as each other. Gold filters dont sound that bad but they are not my preferred sound signature, I bought them for their neutral sound with brass filters. Cant help it, but even with low volume I get ringing ears and headaches from them. They sound like they are not sealed a smallest bit: that tiny, harsh and hollow.
I could not hear lower notes in the spectrum in symphony music, only higher string's notes, just as with a bad seal. Havi B3p1 sound much fuller in comparison and Monoprice 8320 are bashead-like compared to ED9 brass! Basshead, the MP8320. That few bass has my ED9 brass. Almost zero. Could anyone test that, listening to for example a symphony of Beethoven? Theyre unlistenable for sure.
Gold filters are dark and have rolled off treble but at least I dont get headaches from them.

If anyone here is able to help me, that would be great. Maybe only the brass filters are broken.

Hmm you make me want to cancel my ed9 order. What do you use to drive them? Though they should be more efficient than the Havi's

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,643 of 63,919
I had a couple of requests to look at the discussion in this thread, so I did, and removed 26 posts which were either off-topic or unwanted arguments.

Some important things to note when writing impressions: It is critically important to state what music you listen to and how loud you listen. This, in my experience makes all the difference between how one feels about a pair of IEMs or headphones. If one of you listens quietly to classical music, for example, you'd probably feel completely different to someone who listens to club music at a loud volume. Though this is obvious when you think about it, people regularly don't even consider it. Different types of music have their own frequency response (how much bass, how much mid-range, how much treble) and our ears are known to be sensitive to these things to different degrees at different volumes (google "equal loudness contour curves").

Also, if you are having different impressions of the bass, you might want to state what you are plugging them in to. Though maybe less so with recent gear (smartphones or amps) for various reasons some equipment will alter the FR of some headphones.

Lastly: Please discuss the product, and not people. Discussing people is how things went south to begin with.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #4,644 of 63,919
As a KZ fan, it's great to see the thread unlocked again. Let's try to keep it that way :)

Has anyone found the ed10 on some place that ships to Europe (i.e. not taobao) for a decent price?

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #4,645 of 63,919
Don`t know what is decent price for someone but most KZ IEM`s are around that pricing when launched:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Brand-New-Original-KZ-ED10-3-5mm-In-Ear-Headset-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Earphones/32373336369.html

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #4,646 of 63,919
For every KZ IEM $10 has been a golden number. While they launch at MRP price, almost all the times we are able to grab some deal at $10. Happened with ED9, also with ATE recently.

ED10 at low price should be available on Ali within two weeks. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #4,648 of 63,919
smily_headphones1.gif
I see they unlocked this thread. The only trouble I have with shipping is once it hits the U.S. I'm Waiting for my replacement Clear ATE's as we speak. First they come into Chicago then it's 2 days sorting. Then they ship it for mailing to ANOTHER Chicago Post office, another Day. It arrives in Detroit and sits for 2 Days. NOW KEEP in mind My Local post office is less than 20 miles away in Warren Mi. It should take about 45 mins absolute TOPS to get it to my post office. It left Detroit at 3:38 A.M 6/17. Plenty of time to get it sorted on the truck and delivered YESTERDAY 17th. NO DELIVERY......

WHY you ask? Because they decided to ship it to GRAND RAPIDS First, 200 Miles away to the west. It doesn't look like they will get it here for delivery today because it took them over 15 Hrs. to ship it to Grand Rapids which, BTW, is a 3 1/2 hour trip from Detroit. And then they wonder why the Postal service is in trouble.

What a Bunch of F**kbubbles. No offense to any of you who work for our nation's postal system but, YOU BLOW.

Rant Over. I feel better now.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,649 of 63,919
Hey guys, I tried changing the tips of my ed9 to xiaomi middle tips. This is because the seal is not as good, I can hear people talking around me clearly.On top of that,the earphone tend to fall out of my ear quite often.

When I removed the tips, I saw that there was some green oxidation on my brass nozzles. Only the part covered by the tips were oxidized. The part exposed, near the housing is fine.

Anyone else facing the same thing?. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #4,650 of 63,919
So my ed9s have finally been accepted by china post today. After ordering on the 28th may. I hope they arrive within the protection window..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back