Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 21, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #45,376 of 63,836
added the last iteration of 16 cores budget nicehck cables to my lists.
improved resistance (lower) respect last iteration: it's the most conductive cable below $10 atm. i also like the new splitter. tested sound, pretty decent for its price.

064. hck ct4 ofc 16c (brown,M): 193..208..168..202..[22.6g]
outer diameter: 3.6mm. total length: 124cm (39cm from splitter).
last iteration of budget nicehck cables. best conductivity and build quality in the cheapest segment (<$10).
2pins version uses flush plugs, like previous iteration, good for flush sockets (like in most KZs), even for protruding sockets.
new jack, it doesn't seem to be easily repairable, but like its shape, beveled to provide more grip.
strain relief is a bit rigid.
i much like the new splitter, small and elegant.
very soft and flexible. sound is decent (good for the price). great value.
64_nicehck_ofc_16c_touchBk_brown.jpg
Don't have this one. I have 062 with the carbon fiber tip. They are basically the Same-ish resistance wise. Is there any noticeable sound difference in your opinion?

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #45,377 of 63,836
Don't have this one. I have 062 with the carbon fiber tip. They are basically the Same-ish resistance wise. Is there any noticeable sound difference in your opinion?
(064) hck ct4 ofc 16c (brown,M)......................................193..208..168..202..[22.6]
(062) hck ct2 ofc 16c (brown,furt,M)................................402/235..259/243..239/250..244/246..[22.5]
you can see that 064, new, has better conductivity.
not noticeable sound difference, though. no need to stock both if you only need one.
but if i needed to get one, i'd go for 064

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #45,378 of 63,836
(064) hck ct4 ofc 16c (brown,M)......................................193..208..168..202..[22.6]
(062) hck ct2 ofc 16c (brown,furt,M)................................402/235..259/243..239/250..244/246..[22.5]
you can see that 064, new, has better conductivity.
not noticeable sound difference, though. no need to stock both if you only need one.
but if i needed to get one, i'd go for 064

Good. So cheapest one is the one people should buy.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #45,380 of 63,836
I think I'd like to try the ZS7 first. I get your reference to the Sennheiser over ears in terms of differences, but I'm moving away from full size cans and find myself gravitating more to iems.
Smart idea, switching to iems. The more people that damage their hearing listening to iems the better the technology for hearing aids will get.

And eventually iems will gain better sound and technology due to the newer investments in hearing aid technology. It's a win win situation.

Join us in damaging our hearing today with iems so the kids of tomorrow can have better sounding iems. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #45,382 of 63,836
what are you on about? lots of aftermarket tips maker that makes better tips for even TOTL IEMs. Andromeda sounds really good on the AET08 tips, for example. Or even the JVC Spiral Dots. Heck, some TOTL IEM makes include Spinfits or Comply in their box kit. Are you gonna call them "lazy" for not making the "best" tips for their own IEMs?

Fact is, ears are different, not even the biggest companies can account for the variation, not to mention preference (how the tips will affect sound).
I have no problem with how KZ does things right now. However I wonder why some people like BQEYZ's iems more yet their Headfi thread is barely touched?

I do think KZ should make better eartips and/or cables for their high end models. People are paying for it already so why not?

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #45,383 of 63,836
I have no problem with how KZ does things right now. However I wonder why some people like BQEYZ's iems more yet their Headfi thread is barely touched?

I do think KZ should make better eartips and/or cables for their high end models. People are paying for it already so why not?

I came to know kz for thier their near dirt cheap iems, like the ate, zs3 and zst. The only thing they would not compromise at that price was sound and specs to a reasonable extent. Now that they have raised the budget a little bit, we've come to expect a little more of them than they usually did (or do) in the accessories department.

To me its not a major complain but it definitely would be a plus, untill they keep making enjoyable, good sounding iems. Instead of trying to create a hype mass market.

I would say their cables have come a long way forward. Take a look at the zs3 cable today. And you will start appreciating what you have right now.

In the matter of tips, it is a very user specific element in the iem. I find it better to own separately (regardless of what comes in the box) certain types of tips (double flange, wide bore, deep fit etc.) and find a standard fit under each of those segments depending on the size and variation of ones own ear canal. And that's applicable to not just to kz in-ears.

Bqeyz needs to change their name. Or maybe they are using some kind of reverse psychology where the name of the brand is so unusual to remember that you will be forced to learn it through constant repetition.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #45,384 of 63,836
Sometimes I am really wondering why I am bothering with all those multi DD and BA concoctions ...

Today for the first time I tried the KZ ZS4 ... I knew the fit would be great, having loved the ZS3, one of my earliest KZ ... and the ZS4 just managed to paint a huge smile on my face ... sometimes it's the simple things :)

Yes, the bass can be perceived as bloated / bleeding .. but overall, those make me happy

... back to speculations about the upcoming AS48 ... :D

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #45,385 of 63,836
I received this KZ cable today.
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981135983.html)
It fits the ES4, I love the color, and I like how the cable near the ear remembers its shape.
I'm not sure if the cable makes the IEM sound better, but I like it so far.
thumbsup.png
I received this KZ cable today.
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981135983.html)
It fits the ES4, I love the color, and I like how the cable near the ear remembers its shape.
I'm not sure if the cable makes the IEM sound better, but I like it so far.
thumbsup.png

Yep, bought them too
2019-06-21 16.17.36.jpg

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #45,386 of 63,836
I prepare comparison between kz as16 vs CCA c16 too. But I prefer c16 because they are slightly fun and less brilliant.
The pressure problem is always here and need tips more thin to have more air in ear

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #45,387 of 63,836
No, I have not. I have seen many reviews though, on the C10. I'm curious about it, but I think I'd like to try the ZS7 first. I get your reference to the Sennheiser over ears in terms of differences, but I'm moving away from full size cans and find myself gravitating more to iems. Tbh, I like the Massdrop HD58X more than the 600's or the 6xx/650. To me though, none of these are my ideal sound signature though.
Good choice. ZS7 is my favourite KZ. Every time I listen to them it brings a smile to my face. Very entertaining sound.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #45,388 of 63,836
Good choice. ZS7 is my favourite KZ. Every time I listen to them it brings a smile to my face. Very entertaining sound.

Gotta admit, it's working it's way up there for me. Have them in right now actually. Really enjoyable listen, especially the treble which isn't as aggressive as other KZ hybrids.

Been working on a mild update to the KZ megapost with the ZS7, ZS10 Pro, and other having been added. Just need to add the ZS3E, ZSE and update final recommendations, then it should be good to go. ZS7 replaces the original ZS10. :thumbsup:

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #45,389 of 63,836

If you like zs7, you can see for **** topaz ( mp of you're interested )

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #45,390 of 63,836
Gotta admit, it's working it's way up there for me. Have them in right now actually. Really enjoyable listen, especially the treble which isn't as aggressive as other KZ hybrids.

Been working on a mild update to the KZ megapost with the ZS7, ZS10 Pro, and other having been added. Just need to add the ZS3E, ZSE and update final recommendations, then it should be good to go. ZS7 replaces the original ZS10. :thumbsup:

I don't like really zs10 pro... Too near of c10 with more brilliance and wider scene but bring artificial treble on some music..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back