Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #38,281 of 63,916
The 7S7 is the ED16. :wink: Are they making a real 7S7 now? Do they have a webpage stating that?

4B4267CC-73CC-46E6-AAED-F52CE4245A1C.jpeg

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #38,282 of 63,916
Along with the AS10s they're KZs best effort to date IMO. For pure price to performance though the ZSNs win.

If someone has the AS10 and they're that good, is there a point in buying another KZ?

What about the BA10? It costs more than the AS10. Shouldn't it be better?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #38,284 of 63,916
KZ has created an endless money making bank machine. I call their sound credit card audio.

We keep buying all their new hyped models that come out, but we do it usually independently, so buy them blindly.

However, we're spending more and more money each time, when we could just buy their best model and be done with it.

I have the ATR, ED7, ZS3, ZST, ES4, ED16, and some other discontinued model... I had the ED9 but it disappeared.

Do I really need all those? I need to find a local KZ fan to sell them to. :wink:

KZ is hiring better people to work there as 2018 is their best yet. More KZ's to buy!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #38,286 of 63,916
KZ has created an endless money making bank machine. I call their sound credit card audio.

We keep buying all their new hyped models that come out, but we do it usually independently, so buy them blindly.

However, we're spending more and more money each time, when we could just buy their best model and be done with it.

I have the ATR, ED7, ZS3, ZST, ES4, ED16, and some other discontinued model... I had the ED9 but it disappeared.

Do I really need all those? I need to find a local KZ fan to sell them to. :wink:

KZ is hiring better people to work there as 2018 is their best yet. More KZ's to buy!

That’s true of most companies haha

Also, keep in mind the “best” KZ isn’t necessary the most expensive model. I haven’t spent a single penny on any of their TOTL models - ZS10, AS10, BA10.

In theory you COULD just buy their best sounding model and be done with it. It just depends on what sound signature or characteristics you’re after, as that’s different for different people.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #38,287 of 63,916
If someone has the AS10 and they're that good, is there a point in buying another KZ?

What about the BA10? It costs more than the AS10. Shouldn't it be better?

KZs are the Pokémon of the earphone world; gotta catch 'em all!

The ZSN and the AS10 have different signatures so complement each other.

Sine people collect stuff like Sylvanian Families or Star Wars toys. At least headphones / earphones are functional.

I like listening to one earphone for a while and when my brain gets used to it switch to another with a different signature. It keeps everything sounding new and exciting. It's also a cheap way to try out technological developments.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #38,288 of 63,916

Sine people collect stuff like Sylvanian Families or Star Wars toys. At least headphones / earphones are functional.

I like listening to one earphone for a while and when my brain gets used to it switch to another with a different signature. It keeps everything sounding new and exciting. It's also a cheap way to try out technological developments.

I compare it not necessary to collecting, but rather to tasting different wines, spirits, or beers.

I don’t know many people who always drink the exact same wine (brand, vintage) or the exact same beer for their entire lives. Part of the experience and enjoyment is trying different varieties, learning and appreciating their subtle differences, etc.

I mean, I do know a few people who have never tasted any beer but Budweiser or any whiskey other than Jack Daniels gut rot (for literally 60+ years). But they are seriously missing out on the experience of life IMO.

And just like ChiFi audio, there are wines, spirits, and beers at many different price levels. So just because your budget can’t afford 1959 Dom Perignon or Pappy van Winkle 20year, doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate the stuff at the other budget levels.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #38,290 of 63,916
I compare it not necessary to collecting, but rather to tasting different wines, spirits, or beers.

I don’t know many people who always drink the exact same wine (brand, vintage) or the exact same beer for their entire lives. Part of the experience and enjoyment is trying different varieties, learning and appreciating their subtle differences, etc.

I mean, I do know a few people who have never tasted any beer but Budweiser or any whiskey other than Jack Daniels gut rot (for literally 60+ years). But they are seriously missing out on the experience of life IMO.

And just like ChiFi audio, there are wines, spirits, and beers at many different price levels. So just because your budget can’t afford 1959 Dom Perignon or Pappy van Winkle 20year, doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate the stuff at the other budget levels.

its getting to a point where even here in a KZ thread, people are just repeating the same old "why buy so many" and "KZ releases too many models" that its even more tiring than the random off-topic posts about cars and whatnot. Especially if we touched upon it a few pages back. "oh, sorry, too many pages, didn't read". I guess I can't complain about people being lazy to read or use the search function?

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #38,291 of 63,916
My ZST have become an open-back design:

0Lms5uK.jpg

I have been waiting patiently for my AS10 and ZSN but now I'm forced to use my Shure se215 on the go. And I don't want to. They don't sound as good for me :/ (Yes I know, I could glue it back, but I'm lazy xD, I'll wait for the ZSN and see if there is a real difference. only then I'll decide if I need to fix them).

Also, I see a lot of people saying that foam tips are not as good as silicone ones, but I cannot get a single silicone tip to feel good in my ears. That's why I moved to comply before going with large cheap tips (those shown in the photo). They're great but I wonder if there is a really good cheap pair of foam tips that you guys could recommend to me?
The most difficult thing is that the usual "medium"/"universal fit" doesn't fit me, and I really need some large tips.

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #38,292 of 63,916
I guess I can't complain about people being lazy to read or use the search function?

Of course you can.

It is amazing how well the search function works :)

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #38,293 of 63,916
My ZST have become an open-back design:

0Lms5uK.jpg

I have been waiting patiently for my AS10 and ZSN but now I'm forced to use my Shure se215 on the go. And I don't want to. They don't sound as good for me :/ (Yes I know, I could glue it back, but I'm lazy xD, I'll wait for the ZSN and see if there is a real difference. only then I'll decide if I need to fix them).

Also, I see a lot of people saying that foam tips are not as good as silicone ones, but I cannot get a single silicone tip to feel good in my ears. That's why I moved to comply before going with large cheap tips (those shown in the photo). They're great but I wonder if there is a really good cheap pair of foam tips that you guys could recommend to me?
The most difficult thing is that the usual "medium"/"universal fit" doesn't fit me, and I really need some large tips.

cheap foams? other than Comply (and the cheapos that came with some IEMs), I've only tried the New Bee foam tips (7 bux or something for a set on aliexpress), but decided foams ain't for me. The New Bee tips were quite good though, friends who recommended me those likes them enough.

and, yeah, broken IEMs, you can glue them together, but things being so cheap now that you kinda go "meh, I'll just try out some other one then, good enough excuse". Totally not excusing me leaving my broken Estron C630 in the case :laughing:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #38,294 of 63,916

this is actually one of the best rationalizations i've ever read for our collective acquisition disorder. my sincere kudos.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #38,295 of 63,916
Especially if we touched upon it a few pages back. "oh, sorry, too many pages, didn't read". I guess I can't complain about people being lazy to read or use the search function?

That’s not just this thread, or just this site. That’s everywhere on the Internet.

Many people seem to expect to be spoon fed everything, with no work on their part.

Some don’t know how to properly or effectively use the search function.

Still others some feel they “are too busy” or their “time is too valuable” to search. Like no one else’s isn’t?

086A3FB7-92F5-4B82-8A4F-FFABC79C3EE7.jpeg

So I guess it’s up to each one of us to decide if we’re going to tell people to search 1st, before spoon feeding information. Some may feel comfortable telling people that, some may not.

0DA4D412-452F-43E8-B57D-C78B3EE9295A.jpeg 63127824-8173-459C-ACBA-A8CD6EF5C7D1.png 13FAF89C-4D69-40B2-A528-25C52A5010C1.jpeg 5BF35944-8DF4-46E7-B5A0-35315379908D.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back