Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #38,296 of 63,929
That’s not just this thread, or just this site. That’s everywhere on the Internet.

Many people seem to expect to be spoon fed everything, with no work on their part.

Some don’t know how to properly or effectively use the search function.

Still others some feel they “are too busy” or their “time is too valuable” to search. Like no one else’s isn’t?

So I guess it’s up to each one of us to decide if we’re going to tell people to search 1st, before spoon feeding information. Some may feel comfortable telling people that, some may not.

Admittedly the search function here is pretty weird, only searching in the thread or page you're currently visiting. Doesn't seem to be a universal search option like there used to be. As a result, depending on where you start the search from, the results can be pretty useless.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #38,297 of 63,929
Admittedly the search function here is pretty weird, only searching in the thread or page you're currently visiting. Doesn't seem to be a universal search option like there used to be. As a result, depending on where you start the search from, the results can be pretty useless.

Isn’t that just a checkbox?

“Search this thread only” and
“Search this forum only”

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #38,299 of 63,929
Yeah, I totally don't get the "try a different signature" concept. Every other signature than the one I equalize all my stuff to is annoying and unenjoyable to me. Harman or death!
Actually, I have an suspicion that Harman target response is the new, dignified and fancy way to call every plebeians favourite V-shaped sound. Except that it also propels one to compare graphs and look for impurities in comparison with the standard. Though, I haven't yet decided on whether a bit zigzag in a graph is audible and starting from how many dBs.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #38,300 of 63,929
That’s true of most companies haha

Also, keep in mind the “best” KZ isn’t necessary the most expensive model. I haven’t spent a single penny on any of their TOTL models - ZS10, AS10, BA10.

In theory you COULD just buy their best sounding model and be done with it. It just depends on what sound signature or characteristics you’re after, as that’s different for different people.

Now everyone needs to be like the Pod, what's the best KZ????? The one I'm listening to at any given time:grin: Currently:smirk:

3-4 Black-N-Blue.JPG

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #38,301 of 63,929
Now everyone needs to be like the Pod, what's the best KZ????? The one I'm listening to at any given time:grin: Currently:smirk:

Haha, good way to look at it. Each one has their strengths (except the ED4 which is just horrible).

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #38,302 of 63,929
Well there may be a little "Obsessive Compulsiveness" involved as well:scream:

What The KZ!.JPG

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #38,304 of 63,929
You still use the ZST?

It's a known fact I'm a treble/mid kind of guy and I like my ZST over both the V1-V2 ZS5's (I'm feeling the leers now:rolling_eyes:), then again I thought the ZS6 was everything the ZS5 was not as I feel the ZS4 is everything the ZS3 was not! My actual ranking and preference as of today would be ZSN, ZS6, ZST, ED9 and ZN1 Mini:wink: Mind you that last place could lean to the ZS4 depending on the day and my mood:grin: I'm still trying to figure out what pair I put your treated tri-braid on:confused: LOL

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #38,306 of 63,929
Where did you buy the velcro strips?

Home Depot, you can get a 336 thousand foot roll for like $10:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I may be off by about 300K:wink:

Yo Slat, I :thinking: I may have put that cable on the colorfuls! Have to check tonight:thumbsup:

Fifty Five.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #38,307 of 63,929
I liked the ZST, but personally find no use for it now that ZSN pwns my hole(s). They are insanely comfortable and light though. I wonder how difficult it would be to stick different drivers in it? hmm...

I think I just talked myself back into a use for ZST.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #38,308 of 63,929

There is an advanced search at the top of the page but on my tablet it is only easy to see in landscape mode. It is there oin portrait mode as a weird little mark, but still opens to the drop down menu.

No problem on the PC

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #38,309 of 63,929
I liked the ZST, but personally find no use for it now that ZSN pwns my hole(s). They are insanely comfortable and light though. I wonder how difficult it would be to stick different drivers in it? hmm...

I think I just talked myself back into a use for ZST.

I should try a balanced cable on my ZST now that I have the iBasso DX120. That could be interesting. It might breath new life into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back