1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Zerohour88
    The Hachiroku is truly an iconic car, also due to the Initial-D anime here in Asia. Car nuts would clamor to get one to restore and then play some Eurobeat on it while drifting around corners.

At the very least, every time No One Sleeps In Tokyo or Deja Vu comes up on the playlist, all I can imagine are cars drifting around corners (and they're good tot test bass speed for IEMs too)

2. Audiostart
    Some of you please write in the auto section. Personal messages between enthusiasts would be good too.
    On topic - I'll just stick with ED16, don't have other KZ's to compare. There's not enough in BA's tuning or whatever, high frequencies sound to me a little weird. And sibilant....I hate that. I decided to go for the "fewer is better" path, now turned attention to earbuds.

3. Cruelhand Luke
    you're not the boss of me. I'll talk about cars if I want!

loomisjohnson and sino8r like this.
  4. Audiostart
    I am nobody's boss other than myself, but there's also common sense that makes me to stay on topic and not waste other people's time. Read the title of the topic again, maybe you'll understand. Have a nice day!

5. Cruelhand Luke
    pretty sure the topic is the mid 80s rear wheel drive Toyota Corollas AND KZ iems...if we collectively want it to be.
    Don't try to nanny the thread buddy, it is a flowing river, it can handle slight meanderings, sometimes we don't talk about the EXACT thing the thread is about, and that's good, it keeps things fresh.
    I'll be here after you are gone... because the thread meanders at times.

6. sino8r
    Lol! I thought he wanted more company and posts in auto section but he just asked for us to stay on topic! Too funny!

7. B9Scrambler
    Thank the gods! The Time Police are here! You want to stop by The Discovery Thread and help them take the burn-in discussion to the Sound Science forum where it belongs?

Now where were we? Oh yes, bringing up Hachiroku and Initial D reminds me of my special edition ZSTs with the anime reference on them. Some pretty sweet stuff right there.

darmanastartes and HungryPanda like this.
  8. sino8r
    I'll never forget when my friend was driving his Toyota Supra down the interstate racing me in my Chevy Camaro and his engine caught on fire! That was the funniest thing and we still laugh about it 20 years later.

9. Cruelhand Luke

10. Cruelhand Luke
    I worked in the auto industry for years and had the opportunity to drive literally hundreds of different cars...but I never got to drive an Hachiroku ...they seem so fun.
    and I bought a zsn and am waiting for it to show up...hey, we drifted back on topic! (see what I did there, drifted?)

11. LaughMoreDaily
    You better start drifting mister! Turn that corner quickly and start talking about KZ headphones again, not cars! :wink:

12. LaughMoreDaily
    Lol, earbuds... I have a whole wack of them I wish I never bought. I feel sorry for you. :wink: IEM's are better.

randomnin likes this.
  13. antdroid
    My Snapdragon 835 Essential Phone has support of all bluetooth codecs (SBC, AptX, AptX HD, AAC and LDAC) -- i use LDAC with the ES100 all the time.

B9Scrambler likes this.
  14. scottySK
    I find my ZS10's to be slightly more recessed in the mid range when compared to my 2009 Toyota Corolla Levin SX, however I must admit I do prefer the use of metal components in the Toyota, unlike the all plastic construction of the ZS10's

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  15. CoiL
    I WILL improve it! Mission accepted! ;P