Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 10, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #36,196 of 63,836
Update on TRN Bluetooth receivers, I have both the TRN BT-3 and the new TRN-BT10.

Both seem to have very similar specs and use he same chipset, I think the later is IP-7 waterproof and Bluetooth 4.2

The BT-3 is bulkier, but at the same time feels more substantial and less likely too break.

The BT-10 if a lot more flexible, so easier to roll up, but also feels like the wires would be more vulnerable over time.

For me though the biggest issue is the positioning of the control / battery / mic

On the BT-3 it’s built into the plastic and held against your neck, so more solid but your voice will probably be fainter.

With the BT-10 these “dangle” beside the side of your face, so I’ve no doubt mic wise it will be better for talking.

However my primary use case is running, and I think it looks a bit stupid with these two black dangly earring style boxes beside my face, which I’m sure will start brushing against my face as I move.

So for me, BT-3 wins. (And is annoying as I have the non-aac version, so I should have just bought that instead of gambling on the BT-10!)

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #36,197 of 63,836
My bad, I read it as a AS10 in both after 1 vs 2h of listening time.

Definitely makes me rethink jumping on the AS10 and going for a KZ6 instead or even the KZ10, as soundstage wows me.

Hey I haven't made a mistakes in....what time is it???

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #36,198 of 63,836
Update on TRN Bluetooth receivers, I have both the TRN BT-3 and the new TRN-BT10.

Both seem to have very similar specs and use he same chipset, I think the later is IP-7 waterproof and Bluetooth 4.2

The BT-3 is bulkier, but at the same time feels more substantial and less likely too break.

The BT-10 if a lot more flexible, so easier to roll up, but also feels like the wires would be more vulnerable over time.

For me though the biggest issue is the positioning of the control / battery / mic

On the BT-3 it’s built into the plastic and held against your neck, so more solid but your voice will probably be fainter.

With the BT-10 these “dangle” beside the side of your face, so I’ve no doubt mic wise it will be better for talking.

However my primary use case is running, and I think it looks a bit stupid with these two black dangly earring style boxes beside my face, which I’m sure will start brushing against my face as I move.

So for me, BT-3 wins. (And is annoying as I have the non-aac version, so I should have just bought that instead of gambling on the BT-10!)

I love my BT3. The BT10 hasn’t arrived yet, but now you have me regretting the decision :frowning2:

Luckily I don’t jog, so I don’t have to worry too much about the bouncy bouncy against my face. But still, the dangling earring design is not that great. I definitely prefer the neck type, but I also know people who hate the neck type.

It is nice at least that people have a choice between the 2 designs. At least both (or all 3) TRNs are better than every single KZ cable that’s come out so far. I don’t know why KZ just doesn’t go to whoever is making TRNs cables and have them made there?

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #36,200 of 63,836
party time.gif

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #36,201 of 63,836
Initial ~2hr AS10 Impressions:
Decent isolation, good fit and really great seal. No comfort issues yet. Extremely easy to power. Definitely a more full sound with more mid bass & upper mids than any of the KZ IEM's in my signature. I actually feel like the mid bass overpowers and bleeds into male vocals a bit (Mac DeMarco - For The First Time), but they can definitely move air. A little darker than most KZ IEM's I have with quite a roll off for the highs but nothing detrimental. Bass is fairly big & low & it seems like it might be distorting slightly on some songs. Soundstage is slightly below the ZS6 which I feel is the best soundstage I've experienced from KZ. I feel like the AS10's are going to be strongly mastering dependent and picky.

Initial ~2hr ZS10 Impressions:
The tube doesn't really go far into your ear which is somewhat weird and much different than the AS10's which go deep. It fits and seals well, but will need further testing. Sound reminds me more of the ZS6's with controlled highs & no sibilance. Very airy. Extends higher than the AS10, cymbals are very apparent & crisp. Microphone pops really move air and it's exciting. Less of a low end & less mid bass than the AS10, but still present in line with everything else than any other of my KZ's. Mid bass really appears & fills when it needs to but isn't always seemingly there like the AS10's. Lows extend lower than the AS10's and are cleaner, sub-lows feel separated from everything else and don't interfere. Overall sounds more flat & tuned where the AS10's have noticeable peaks at some frequencies (though keep in mind, this is only at 2hr). Soundstage seems a bit less wide than the AS10's. I think this is also going to be heavily mastering dependent, and I remember the ZS6 being this way as well. These are pretty impressive.

*Please keep in mind these are ~2hr initial impressions. These may not be final reviews, and they may initially be worded messy as it just jot things down.
Thx for your impression. That's pretty much what I get sith my ZS10. Surprised me in a positive way. I use with Comply audio tips.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #36,202 of 63,836
Hello everybody,
Could anybody compare **** H5 with AS10? That would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #36,203 of 63,836
Are there any decent aptX bluetooth cables that will fit the ZS10's? TRN BT3?

How much will variances in resistor/capacitor values change the way the ZS10, AS10 sound per pair? I'm guessing the values aren't hand picked & precise for this price point and could swing tolerances 10%+. Hand picked/measured to precise values costs $money$, and so do resistors with extremely low tolerances.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #36,204 of 63,836
Hey guys which kz has the best mids and least sibilant treble in your opinion? Looking for a good edm/vocal headphone, but am treble sensitive with iems more so for some reason. Treble extension is okay, but don’t want Beyer dynamic/hd 700 treble lol

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #36,205 of 63,836
Hey guys which kz has the best mids and least sibilant treble in your opinion? Looking for a good edm/vocal headphone, but am treble sensitive with iems more so for some reason. Treble extension is okay, but don’t want Beyer dynamic/hd 700 treble lol

Hmm, very few KZs have forward mids (as you posted in the other thread). And I would say that most KZ hybrids will have treble that’s too hot for you, since you said you’re better treble sensitive. KZ loves to use the 30095 BA driver, which is pretty hot and slightly sibilant. Their QC is also hit or miss. I’m sure you’re going to get a lot of KZ “flavor of the month” recommendations though.

Since you’re looking for a flatter signature with smooth treble (since you’re treble sensitive), nice mids, and good bass (as you mentioned in your other post), I would try something like (in no order):

- Magaosi BK50
- Urbanfun Hifi
- TinAudio T2
- Bosshifi B3
- BQEYZ KC2 (or also K2)

They are all well within your $75 budget you mentioned. Most are $30-$50, but I don’t know which are on Amazon.

Out of that list, only the BK50 (newest version), T2, and the BQEYZ have a removable cable (if that matters to you).

I own everything on that list (except the KC2), and I listen to EDM like you. You can’t go wrong with anything on that list IMO. And while I don’t own an HD650, one of my friends does, so I am familiar with its tuning.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #36,206 of 63,836
Hmm, very few KZs have forward mids (as you posted in the other thread). And I would say that most KZ hybrids will have treble that’s too hot for you, since you said you’re better treble sensitive. KZ loves to use the 30095 BA driver, which is pretty hot and slightly sibilant. Their QC is also hit or miss. I’m sure you’re going to get a lot of KZ “flavor of the month” recommendations though.

Since you’re looking for a flatter signature with smooth treble (since you’re treble sensitive), nice mids, and good bass (as you mentioned in your other post), I would try something like (in no order):

- Magaosi BK50
- Urbanfun Hifi
- TinAudio T2
- Bosshifi B3
- BQEYZ KC2 (or also K2)

They are all well within your $75 budget you mentioned. Most are $30-$50, but I don’t know which are on Amazon.

Out of that list, only the BK50 (newest version), T2, and the BQEYZ have a removable cable (if that matters to you).

I own everything on that list (except the KC2), and I listen to EDM like you. You can’t go wrong with anything on that list IMO. And while I don’t own an HD650, one of my friends does, so I am familiar with its tuning.

I hope that helps.

Awesome, thank you for those suggestions I will check them out. I just instantly thought of kz because they’re readily available as a brand on amazon.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #36,207 of 63,836
Awesome, thank you for those suggestions I will check them out. I just instantly thought of kz because they’re readily available as a brand on amazon.

Yes, KZs are readily available, but their house sound is v shaped. They literally don’t have any IEMs that check all of your boxes - mid centric, good bass, smooth/rolled off treble.

The HDS3 is the only one that would even be somewhat close to your requirement list (it’s a mild v shape, single dynamic micro driver). It’s a great KZ IEM, but the ones on that list above are better.

And pretty much everything they make now is hybrid. And IMO KZs treble implementation is going to be way too hot for you if you are treble sensitive and looking for rolled off treble.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #36,208 of 63,836

I thought the KZs on Amazon were quite a bit more expensive than when you order from aliexpress.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #36,209 of 63,836
I thought the KZs on Amazon were quite a bit more expensive than when you order from aliexpress.

Haven’t compared, but for the convenience of prime shipping and returns they still seem like a good value at the current prices. I know the t2s are like $20 more which is kind of a price hike, but the kzs seemed more reasonable. Anyway, thanks for the great suggestions, I’m looking at the earbuds and iems you suggested in the other thread

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #36,210 of 63,836
Haven’t compared, but for the convenience of prime shipping and returns they still seem like a good value at the current prices. I know the t2s are like $20 more which is kind of a price hike, but the kzs seemed more reasonable. Anyway, thanks for the great suggestions, I’m looking at the earbuds and iems you suggested in the other thread

As much as I live KZs, the T2 are on another level compared to KZs. They are a legend around here. $20 extra is nothing - that’s a couple cups of coffee or 2 beers.

Also, the 11.11 sale is coming up on Aliexpress in a few weeks. There will be epic discounts. The T2 is much cheaper then.

Also, Tin Audio is only a few days away from releasing the replacement for the T2. In fact, they have 2 new ones - the T2 Pro and the T3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back