Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 22, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #32,596 of 63,977
I already own a set, they are foam. Here is a picture, I added the starline for comparison.

HnyJYnP.jpg

Oh, OK those are the fast rebound gel foam tips that come with the ATE and ATR, I personally don't like them because they are hard as a rock.

But if you want more of them, here is a link to some KZ ones:

Also, here is a link to better ones than the KZs (they are MUCH softer, and in many more color options):

May 22, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #32,597 of 63,977
Seller responded with: hello, sorry for your waiting, we will check with our warehouse and see if we have new tracking number for you,please wait, thanks

First time waiting this long, so I'm not sure if I actually need to keep waiting or open a dispute yet?

Nah, welcome to the world of buying products directly from China. It's a game of 'hurry up and wait'. You'll just have to be patient, or order from Amazon next time if you'e not a patient type of person.

May 22, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #32,600 of 63,977
Gearbest has the ZS10 for $30.99 right now. Seems like a dang good deal.
*only 30pcs for this price :)
Jim nicehck has zs10 for ~ 30-35$(just ask him about spec sale) .

May 22, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #32,601 of 63,977
"Geesh, better save Your money and get something great instead... like IT01, King Pro etc."

@CoiL , I have a plethora of nice iem's and just like that I can have all three of these KZ's to play around with for about $18 more than I paid for these T2's. I have FLC8S, ASG Rockets, P-1's, Trinity Delta I/II, Techne's, Sabre, Icarus III's, Masters, both versions of the Vyrus, IMR R1's, D2002, Audeo PFE 022, Sendiy M1221, SWIII's, A4's, SE215's, Noble X's, Westone ADV's, Klipsch X7i and of course my beloved Havi B3 Pro's so I have some relatively nice iem's as well but KZ offers me a fun playground into budget Chi-Fi so although I probably have 3/4 of KZ production line over the last 6 years I don't regret one purchase from KZ and even luckier still out of 14/15 pairs I've only had one real QC issue on one pair. Maybe it's just good living or karma for treaty all my Head-Fi buddies the way I'd want to be treated:wink: I have always respected that we all hear our cans/iem's just a little different and that is OK by me as long as you respect others and more importantly you enjoy your music and reproduction gears:thumbsup:

May 22, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #32,602 of 63,977
Geesh, better save Your money and get something great instead... like IT01, King Pro etc.

Oh my... KZ QC strikes again!
You spend around 40$ to IEM and get a bad one? Thank You but NO! Seriously, ppl should stop at some point "supporting" KZ and saying "oh, its wired bad, but I open it and fix it, its ok".
I can tolerate such bad QC around 20$ but higher than that makes me think...
Instead get Tin Audio T2, CM5, ES1, V20 etc.

Valid points, but keep in mind that all manufacturers have QC issues. I have heard of people having failures with Tin audio as well. Personally, I own 9 KZ items, and no problems with any of them.

May 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #32,604 of 63,977
Does KZ offer a mmcx cable without this wire for that ear mount?

KZ offers nothing with MMCX. All of their removable cable offerings use 0.75mm 2-pin connections.

However, it is easy to remove the memory wire from any KZ cable. Problem solved.

Memory Wire.jpg
memory wire.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #32,605 of 63,977
Valid points, but keep in mind that all manufacturers have QC issues. I have heard of people having failures with Tin audio as well. Personally, I own 9 KZ items, and no problems with any of them.
Yeah, I know it. Even IT01 has QC problems but only with cable soldering points. Most IEMs come from asian factories anyway... just that some brands have higher demands and control over quality of contract production lines, this is where things make a turn for customer at certain price point. Even if You get a dud or product fails, You can still be sure You`ll have great RMA service and issue gets dealt with.
KZ just continiously has QC issues and different revisions, without notifying ppl, poor service through 3rd party sellers etc.
"Geesh, better save Your money and get something great instead... like IT01, King Pro etc."
@CoiL , I have a plethora of nice iem's and just like that I can have all three of these KZ's to play around with for about $18 more than I paid for these T2's. I have FLC8S, ASG Rockets, P-1's, Trinity Delta I/II, Techne's, Sabre, Icarus III's, Masters, both versions of the Vyrus, IMR R1's, D2002, Audeo PFE 022, Sendiy M1221, SWIII's, A4's, SE215's, Noble X's, Westone ADV's, Klipsch X7i and of course my beloved Havi B3 Pro's so I have some relatively nice iem's as well but KZ offers me a fun playground into budget Chi-Fi so although I probably have 3/4 of KZ production line over the last 6 years I don't regret one purchase from KZ and even luckier still out of 14/15 pairs I've only had one real QC issue on one pair. Maybe it's just good living or karma for treaty all my Head-Fi buddies the way I'd want to be treated:wink: I have always respected that we all hear our cans/iem's just a little different and that is OK by me as long as you respect others and more importantly you enjoy your music and reproduction gears:thumbsup:
Pod ...this was not directed straight to You. I know You have plenty of IEMs. My point was towards many here who DONT have lot of experience, IEMs, time & money - better spend Your money elsewhere.
I understand very well that this is hobby for You (and me too!) :wink: Just trying to enlighten ppl littlebit and make think about where they put their money and possible issues may follow.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #32,606 of 63,977
No offense taken Coil and I see your point for those just trying to get to an individual end all while maintaining a smart budget/purchase. I can afford to play in the KZ ballpark without getting burnt too bad as I've experienced troubles with much more expensive iem's and even though they may have good RMA policies it's still a hassle and once all is said and done you may not get what you were hoping for. It's all good and I just base my KZ on playing low level with an occasional surprise (4 me ZS6) and hoping the ZSA will be the same but if not for $20 I have another iem to go in to teenage rotation:wink: I try to instill a good ear into both my 17 and 15 year old's ears but they are so not catching on yet! 17 year old has gone through two pairs of Trinity Techne's now and they fought the good fight but we are talking teenage boys here:rolling_eyes: His last pair had exposed wire by the shells for months before they gave up the ghost and when they went I gave him my old KK Tings and he loves those now and for me they were not 1/10th the Techne's:astonished: Baby boy has been happy with ED12's (I know, I know) and TFZ Series 1s but he does a little better at care too. He's at least ask me to give him a pair of ZS6's for his Birthday coming up which gives me a glimmer of hope:grin:

May 22, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #32,608 of 63,977
Seller responded with: hello, sorry for your waiting, we will check with our warehouse and see if we have new tracking number for you,please wait, thanks

First time waiting this long, so I'm not sure if I actually need to keep waiting or open a dispute yet?

You will most likely be given a new tracking number at some point. This has happened to us. We suspect it means that they did not actually have any in stock when the first tracking number was given. They do that so the order will not be cancelled. So, don't worry yet.

May 22, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #32,609 of 63,977
Just received my ZSA's today, interesting sound, but I could hear them change even during the short 10 mins I got to listen to them so far. Free silver cable as well, very pleased.

any comparisons or at least short impressions for us in the meantime? Despite being here often, the last KZ that I had was the ZS5v1, so quite interested in getting one to scratch the new KZ itch

as for the recent QC debacles, I've encountered zero problems with all my 4 KZ iem (heck, accidentally submerged my ATR in some coconut juice, dried it out and it worked fine after), 1 problem with Rose (North Forest slightly iffy build and cable problem), 1 problem with CA (the Lyra glue issue), 1 problem with Dita (cable ripping), so should I make an assumption on the QC for these things?

granted, I won't touch the incoming 16BA until that japanese reviewer opened them up and see how's the wiring inside. Like I said, unless everyone gets a lemon and we discuss specific QC problems (like the ZS3 crushed tube and the latest ZS10 wiring issue), complaining generally that "the QC is bad" is kinda boring and doesn't help.

May 22, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #32,610 of 63,977
any comparisons or at least short impressions for us in the meantime? Despite being here often, the last KZ that I had was the ZS5v1, so quite interested in getting one to scratch the new KZ itch

as for the recent QC debacles, I've encountered zero problems with all my 4 KZ iem (heck, accidentally submerged my ATR in some coconut juice, dried it out and it worked fine after), 1 problem with Rose (North Forest slightly iffy build and cable problem), 1 problem with CA (the Lyra glue issue), 1 problem with Dita (cable ripping), so should I make an assumption on the QC for these things?

granted, I won't touch the incoming 16BA until that japanese reviewer opened them up and see how's the wiring inside. Like I said, unless everyone gets a lemon and we discuss specific QC problems (like the ZS3 crushed tube and the latest ZS10 wiring issue), complaining generally that "the QC is bad" is kinda boring and doesn't help.

Might help if KZ management is on these threads and tries to make adjustments, possibly head the rest of the horses off at the pass:wink: (Holy sh1t, someones going to have to go back and get a sh1tload of quarters)!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back