Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 22, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #32,611 of 63,917
Might help is KZ management is on these threads and tries to make adjustments, possibly head the rest of the horses off at the pass:wink: (Holy sh1t, someones going to have to go back and get a sh1tload of quarters)!!!!!

Yup, hence its better to be specific in our complaints, if they actually do read these threads for tips. It'd be easier and faster for them to fix stuff (if they do read here, that is). Plus others may get ideas on how to DIY the fixes (not really optimum, but people really like the BW ES-1 mod, so there's a niche for stuff like that).

not that general sweeping comments won't be made sometime down the road again, derailing any productive discussions and making it an exercise in futility

May 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #32,612 of 63,917
Indeed and around here at times "Resistance can be futile":rolling_eyes:

May 22, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #32,613 of 63,917
No more callers please we have a winner. After breaking them open, we found that both of the mid BAs on the left ear were wired in reverse polarity when compared to the right. In dissecting one of the other pairs, we confirmed the left to be wired backward in the pair I had. So now we know, at least one pair escaped mis-wired and there likely are others so if you get a pair that has a distinct hollow in the middle range you may want to check the wiring.

Ruh roh. I think I might have a set of miswired ZS10's too then. I am hearing an echo in the midrange for the ZS10's and thought that was the intended effect of the ZS10's. I do have a second set of ZS10's that I was going to give to my brother but he didn't want them. I'm wondering, should I open the new ZS10's to confirm the mis-wiring or is it the actual sound of the ZS10 to have a slight "echo" sound in the mid range?

Is there any other way to detect if the zs10's were miswired?

May 22, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #32,614 of 63,917
I wouldn't think an echo should ever be present.

Try flipping one of the connectors and see if the echo goes away. (Granted this will likely take the highs and bass out of phase so you may have the echo above and below the frequency range that has it now).

There are a few phase tests online that might work to identify a mis-wiring but, with it only being part of the drivers, it wont be as blatant as wiring the 2 pin connector backward.

May 22, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #32,617 of 63,917
plz someone give some impressions about kz zsa .. people who get them... i need info about vocals soundstage and bass... is it better then kz zs10 and kz zs6... atm kz es4 is the best kz... like i see at different review sites.. but ... i need a good impressions first.. hope someone give some info about the kz zsa thanks...

May 22, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #32,618 of 63,917

Try flipping one of the connectors and see if the echo goes away. (Granted this will likely take the highs and bass out of phase so you may have the echo above and below the frequency range that has it now).

There are a few phase tests online that might work to identify a mis-wiring but, with it only being part of the drivers, it wont be as blatant as wiring the 2 pin connector backward.

Could you tell me your method for opening up the shell on the ZS10?

May 22, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #32,619 of 63,917
Could you tell me your method for opening up the shell on the ZS10?

used a heat gun to soften up the glue on the outer shell and a set of tools designed to remove the screen from a cell phone to get into the seam and pry.

May 22, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #32,623 of 63,917
plz someone give some impressions about kz zsa .. people who get them... i need info about vocals soundstage and bass... is it better then kz zs10 and kz zs6... atm kz es4 is the best kz... like i see at different review sites.. but ... i need a good impressions first.. hope someone give some info about the kz zsa thanks...

Only got a quick listen to the ZSA, soundstage is good, vocals seem to be rather close in but the rest of the instruments have a nice wide band around you. Cymbals seem to be very clear and if you use really good sealing tips, the bass is phenomenal! Only had about 10 mins to try them so far. TBC. Bass is more full sounding than the ZS10, soundstage is about the same and vocals are as I said good. Just from the quick listen, I think I like them better than the ZS6, it's too aggressive for me.

May 22, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #32,625 of 63,917
J

Just don't test it on any Abba tunes. :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back