Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 21, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #32,583 of 63,956
Does anyone know if I can buy the small tips from this set separately. At 9mm these are the smallest I've found, everything else 11mm and up. I want to buy a bag of them but I can only find them in this set.

KZ-Original-3-Pair-Black-Noise-Isolating-Comfortble-Memory-Foam-Ear-Tips-Ear-Pads-for-Headphones.jpg_640x640.jpg

May 21, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #32,584 of 63,956
May 21, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #32,585 of 63,956
I bought this LP shortly after it was released. Missed out on the short lived CD release. However someone was nice enough to post a YouTube video of it. The audio is supposed to be uncompressed according to the poster. Its from a BBC documentary on the Andes. Interesting percussion and pan pipes and more. I extracted the audio. I created a cue file so that I can reference the various tracks. I'll post the link to the video in the spoiler but it doesn't look like head-fi provides any storage for files so I'll have to figure out where to toss the cue file in case anyone wants it. Nice music for testing midrange and imaging and for checking on boomy bass.

This site can extract audio from YouTube videos https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

Thanks, , but I've got a better solution for all that issues in downloading videos off the internet. I love ****, it works fine and has all formats download option for all internet devices with just "one-click" download button. Try it!
I bought this LP shortly after it was released. Missed out on the short lived CD release. However someone was nice enough to post a YouTube video of it. The audio is supposed to be uncompressed according to the poster. Its from a BBC documentary on the Andes. Interesting percussion and pan pipes and more. I extracted the audio. I created a cue file so that I can reference the various tracks. I'll post the link to the video in the spoiler but it doesn't look like head-fi provides any storage for files so I'll have to figure out where to toss the cue file in case anyone wants it. Nice music for testing midrange and imaging and for checking on boomy bass.

This site can extract audio from YouTube videos https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

Thanks,bsoplinger
but I mp3xd youtube video converter love , it works fine and has all formats download option for all internet devices with just "one-click" download button. Try it!

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #32,586 of 63,956
May 22, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #32,587 of 63,956
Sorry, forgot to mention, those are foam tips with some sort of plastidip coating. They don't have an interior tube and the quality is pretty meh, but the size is right.

Starlines, I have to many of those already, not a fan.

That's odd, because when it's zoomed in you can see the "cuts" all around the top of the tip (which is identical looking to Starline tip).

You can see it easiest in the middle (M) tip:

KZ TIPS.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #32,589 of 63,956
I'm so weak:rolling_eyes: Triggered yet another cart, ED15, ES4, ZSA, Red Benjie S5, two more Bronze SP cables and finished off with the T2's just cause they will look so sweet with that red Benjie:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still scrubbing the SUCKA off my forehead:scream:
Geesh, better save Your money and get something great instead... like IT01, King Pro etc.
No more callers please we have a winner. After breaking them open, we found that both of the mid BAs on the left ear were wired in reverse polarity when compared to the right. In dissecting one of the other pairs, we confirmed the left to be wired backward in the pair I had. So now we know, at least one pair escaped mis-wired and there likely are others so if you get a pair that has a distinct hollow in the middle range you may want to check the wiring.
Oh.. this might be what I'm hearing with ZS10. It's not exactly a standard reveresed polarity sound, but this could be less noticeable on ZS10 due to driver count. You don't often get a 5 driver IEM where some drivers are not properly soldered given that they mostly cost like 1K$.
Oh my... KZ QC strikes again!
You spend around 40$ to IEM and get a bad one? Thank You but NO! Seriously, ppl should stop at some point "supporting" KZ and saying "oh, its wired bad, but I open it and fix it, its ok".
I can tolerate such bad QC around 20$ but higher than that makes me think...
Instead get Tin Audio T2, CM5, ES1, V20 etc.

May 22, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #32,590 of 63,956
-sigh- I've read it and agree fundamentally with the ban, and I know it's a zero-tolerance policy, but I guess I've always thought those are a poorly tailored solution to most problems. Seems like it's just accepted 'round these parts though and it's not like I desperately wanna talk about those guys or their stuff so I guess it's whatever.

I also agree with the reasons of being against some sellers and their policies, but history teaches that prohibition is not the answer. Avoiding to mention is not solving the problem. Efficient Information is the way, so when people knows about what happened, people can judge and chose.

May 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #32,592 of 63,956
Seller responded with: hello, sorry for your waiting, we will check with our warehouse and see if we have new tracking number for you,please wait, thanks

First time waiting this long, so I'm not sure if I actually need to keep waiting or open a dispute yet?

May 22, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #32,594 of 63,956
Geesh, better save Your money and get something great instead... like IT01, King Pro etc.

Oh my... KZ QC strikes again!
You spend around 40$ to IEM and get a bad one? Thank You but NO! Seriously, ppl should stop at some point "supporting" KZ and saying "oh, its wired bad, but I open it and fix it, its ok".
I can tolerate such bad QC around 20$ but higher than that makes me think...
Instead get Tin Audio T2, CM5, ES1, V20 etc.

This marks about the 3rd issue I've had with QC in a KZ product and I think @CoiL is right about it getting a bit silly. I had a Zs6 that I had to reverse the connector on as one was reversed which was not an inexpensive in-ear, I had a ed9 where the left side was DOA which was admittedly only $8 down the drain, and now the Zs10 wired bassackward. Either I have the worst luck on the planet, or a lot of others (not necessarily head-fi members, but general public) have gone blindly on without even knowing they had a defect. Either a lot of people cant hear or don't care as I have a hard time believing I got every defective KZ that has hit the market. Meantime, that was $100 I could have used to buy something like the IT01 and been better off for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back