1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. vegetaleb
    So nobody tried the bluetooth BT3 adapter for kz?

2. Podster
    Indeed, was something along these lines for me B!!!!!

[​IMG]

@phower , just start one:wink: That's what I do when I want to drill down and clarify on one or two things. Just start it in this category:thumbsup:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    HungryPanda and B9Scrambler like this.
  3. Slater
    Generally the QC issues are rare. The crushed sound tube was a widespread problem, and was recalled. But the onesie twosie wiring issues etc are few and far between. So if the bisonicr guy opens his up and his is perfect, it doesn't guarantee that that other 24,999 are going to be perfect too. There's QC issues with every product in the world.

4. Strat Rider
    I guess my question is...Why is it so hard to abide by the forum rules without questioning as to why?

I'm all for free expression and all, but I am here to experience and share in the KZ experiences of others.

I don't subscribe to political forums myself, but I don't think I would be reading the latest (insert your political preference here) forum and pop in with "taxes are too high.....hey have you all heard the KZ zsr?"

End Rant

KipNix likes this.
  5. Slater
    KZ is releasing like 11 IEMs this year alone. Creating a separate thread for each one would get bonkers real quick.

rayliam80, MyPants, Bartig and 3 others like this.
  6. sino8r
    How are the vocals and treble compared to ZS6? Sounds like the are recessed a bit like the ZS10? Is that a fair assessment?

7. Zerohour88
    hm...not finding any hits on BT3 for KZ. Do you mean the TRN BT3 bluetooth? If its the KZ Bluetooth, I've used it for a bit with the ZS3 and was satisfied with it (3 hours use time or so, rough estimation).

That was my point, actually. I don't mind people complaining about QC, that is, specific QC problems rather than just saying "OMG KZ QC so bad". The bisonicr guy opened up the ZS10 recently and if Google translate served me right, he also complained that some wiring were messed up (but somehow the channels are matched). Which is why I prefer multi-BAs with clear shells (ones costing more than $100, at least). And as you've said, 1 BA or crossover failing might not register as faulty on some users and will be translated to just inherent flaw in SQ. Which in turn gonna create problems when people try to make comparisons or reviews.

While I honestly don't think they'd have enough time between product releases to actually improve the models, KZ may pleasantly surprise me.

8. vegetaleb
    Yes the TRN BT3.
    How's the sound quality? Is it aptx?

9. Slater
    Yes it's good quality. And there are 2 versions, one with aptX and one without aptX.

vegetaleb likes this.
  10. vegetaleb
    Thanks.
    Its plugs are good with ZSR? I mean I tried my ZSR with my zs3 cable but even though both are 2 pins, they will detach too easily

11. Slater
    All of my TRN cables fit KZ stuff fine.

Keep in mind TRN isn't exactly the same as KZ. Sure, the pins are 0.75mm, but the KZ plugs are 'keyed' with a flat and a round shape.

kz-2pin-plug.jpg

Also, if they fit too loose, you can just gently bend the pins away from one another just a tiny little bit to make it grip tighter.

12. SciOC
    Ahhhh don't do that. Putting weird pressure on the contacts is not a good idea long term. Switching back and forth between cables already messes with the contacts enough.

13. serman005
    Can anyone help me with a ZS10 fit issue? I cannot seem to get the direction of the nozzle aligned with the direction of my auditory canal. Am I doing something wrong? Do I just need to bend the memory wire more firmly to get the nozzles in position and hanging on my ear properly? I set my ZS10 out next to my IT01 and looked at them. And the angle of the nozzles on the two IEMs is totally different. The IT01 fits perfectly. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

14. DocHoliday
    HTB1w3pcg7OWBuNjSsppq6xPgpXaW.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

HTB1X6HrbTdYBeNkSmLyq6xfnVXa1.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

HTB1xbCdgHuWBuNjSszgq6z8jVXaQ.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

HTB1I5zAcTqWBKNjSZFxq6ApLpXaG.jpg_640x640q90-1.jpg

C2thew, rayliam80, mrmoto050 and 3 others like this.
  15. Slater
    Well sometimes there's no other alternative. For example, my QKZ VK1 was so loose, NO cable would fit or even make basic/reliable contact (I think they accidentally used 0.78mm jacks on my pair). So that was the only alternative.

I'm not saying to bend the living daylights out of them - I'm only talking about splaying them maybe 2 degrees - just enough to make proper contact. The 0.75mm pins are more than robust enough for that.

serman005 likes this.