1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    If the angles are totally different, it may be as simple as you having the L and R earpieces mixed up. That would make the nozzles angle the wrong way, and they would fit wonky. You may also have the cables plugged in backwards, making the plug face the wrong way (again, making the fit all wonky).

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    serman005 likes this.
  2. serman005
    Spectacular replies, guys. Many thanks!!

3. groucho69
    I believe that the KZ ZSR might well end world hunger and put an end to war.

4. MyPants
    Anybody get their mits on the ES4 yet? They're on flash sale at gearbest for $17.99 and I'm tempted to give them a listen, even with Campfire Comets on the way. I love the ES3 as a beat-around daily IEM, especially if I'm short on pocket space and can't bring a DAP with me, so a refinement of the same idea sounds great. From the looks of it, it's a very similar arrangement with a 30095 BA and 10mm dynamic, but now the DD is graphene-coated (or just graphene, not sure) and the crossover has been reworked.

5. C2thew
    Just a follow up, my zs10s were not miswired. I was just confused. Carry on

misterchao likes this.
  6. dilidani
    Guys, any idea why do I have distorted, and superb loud phone calls with my KZ ES4 with KZ upgrade silver cables? Using a Xiaomi redmi 4x.

7. Slater
    Is 1 of them plugged in backwards? That could short the mic.

The sound would also be out of phase. You can listen to this and check:

dilidani likes this.
  8. JonnyM
    How is the isolation and sound leakage? Cover the nozzles at normal volume.
    I'm looking for new iems for commuting. My kz ate doesn't leak at all but I don't like the grippy cable.

9. HungryPanda
    I'm listening to the KZ ES4 at the moment and it isolates very well and sound leakage is non existant

djmakemynight, Bartig and MyPants like this.
  10. MyPants
    Does it sound like a logical progression from zst --> es3 --> es4 in terms of refinement?

11. HungryPanda
    It certainly is true I find the ES4 is more comfortable than the ES3, sound is fuller, cable is better and it is easier to drive

12. oneula
    I've liked my ZS10s over the ZSR/ZST/ZS3
    might try them with the KZ ZS3/ZS6/ZS6 Bluetooth Adaptor
    I had problems with the adapter and the ZS3 as it kept losing the signal to my AP60 and LGV30
    I also like the ED9s with the gold filter
    Everything else sounds either too bright or too boomy

13. DocHoliday

Details, if you please.

....and I am in agreement with you on this but what is it you like about the ED9 with gold filters?
    2018-05-17 16.34.25.png

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  14. mbwilson111
    I think I am in the minority here. I prefer the duller non shinny filter on my ED9. Don't know specifically why. Just sounds better to MY ears.

I could listen all day.

CoiL and Otto Motor like this.
  15. DocHoliday
    The brass filter (wide) that you like neutralizes - for lack of a better word - the lower frequencies.

Screenshot_2018-05-23-11-20-36.png

Screenshot_2018-05-23-11-20-25.png

FR Graphs courtesy of Igor, of course.

It's been over a year since I've listened to my ED9's with the brass filters. I've just revisited them and the only genres that worked for me with the brass filters were classical rock, 90's new wave and sometimes classical/baroque but in all honesty I would prefer the ED3 "Perfection" everyday and twice on Sundays.

The airy presentation with the brass filters is pleasant enough but the absence of the lower frequencies make them (ED9) sound too anemic. It's like being served a cold steak which would be much more appealing if it were served warm.

Preferences......once again.

6131Z4r1avL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2018