Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 9, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #32,131 of 63,834
Well based on Otto's pics we can now just refer to these as your Fat Burg-Ears:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Or if you must stay within the KZ confines "Bamboo Warriors":wink:

ED7 Bamboo Warriors.JPG

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #32,132 of 63,834
May 9, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #32,133 of 63,834
I'm finding them with the same price tag as you, around those 12 bucks.

Thanks, i think i'll go with the EDR1 then, it's available in a warehouse near me and i don't have enough time to order something that is only available in china.

Good call man. I know you'll be happy for the measly $4 cost. They tick all of the boxes you had listed.

May 10, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #32,134 of 63,834
[QUOTE="rayliam80, post: Maybe the ZS6 has a soft spot in my heart since they've given me more of a "wow" factor out of all the KZ I've tried despite their flaws. Between them, I feel like the ZS10 is the sort of IEM you could start to build a life around, dedicate more time to, and look towards having a long, healthy and positive relationship with. But the green ZS6, it's that contact in your phone, the IEM who you fantasize about when the ZS10 is beside you sleeping soundly in bed and you still long for the ZS6 even though you know it's probably never going to work, even though you know that it always leads to some sort of disagreement but there is something there that keeps drawing you back for more...[/QUOTE]

Dude, you need intervention.

May 10, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #32,135 of 63,834
The ED7 delivered a robust sound on their first outing. The largest included tips worked for me but I had to push them deep into my ear canals. These work fine in noisy environments.

The ED7 plots solid in the Hamburger field. It sounds darkish and full.

Here a KZ engineer testing the bamboo - I was at the Chengdu facility twice some 10 years ago.

Your version for zsr
[QUOTE="rayliam80, post: Maybe the ZS6 has a soft spot in my heart since they've given me more of a "wow" factor out of all the KZ I've tried despite their flaws. Between them, I feel like the ZS10 is the sort of IEM you could start to build a life around, dedicate more time to, and look towards having a long, healthy and positive relationship with. But the green ZS6, it's that contact in your phone, the IEM who you fantasize about when the ZS10 is beside you sleeping soundly in bed and you still long for the ZS6 even though you know it's probably never going to work, even though you know that it always leads to some sort of disagreement but there is something there that keeps drawing you back for more...

Dude, you need intervention.[/QUOTE]
He really needs intervention

May 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #32,137 of 63,834
Are you sure that you don't mean Bamboom Warriors? :smiling_imp:

No, these are KZ models like so many that do not require high volumes to drive and if you do you will sizzle those ear hairs right off at the root:open_mouth: At lower volumes they have great detail and a nice solid bass but if you want ear blistering volume that is actually just what you are going to get! As soon as you start to crank these babies they are going to fry your ears with high pitch sizzle but at lower volumes they sound great across the spectrum:wink: For most of my devices it starts at about 60% volume and some more higher power rigs it's 45/50% and mind you I'm a treble lover compared to most:rolling_eyes:

May 10, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #32,139 of 63,834
Oh Walt, you big tease:wink: So is that going to be a single BA model for $80?

May 10, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #32,140 of 63,834
Well based on Otto's pics we can now just refer to these as your Fat Burg-Ears:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Or if you must stay within the KZ confines "Bamboo Warriors":wink:

i ended up giving my ed7 to the mailman (who dutifully delivers all my other iems)--they were a pleasant enough listen--airy with nice instrument placement-- but bass was kinda wobbly/diffuse and mids lacked some body. the build on mine was also pretty slipshod (they looked homemade), though the bamboo is an interesting touch

May 10, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #32,141 of 63,834
Yeah Loomis if you look close at my photo that blue left side is not dead center and the interior cut out is out of round but I don't think it really effects the sound, like I said where they go South is when you try and crank them which changes everything about their mid level power output and just destroy's how good they can sound. Even at mid volumes if the cut has add (I call it fattened and untrue) bass they also over ride the other frequencies like the bass added to CD to make car subs massage your butt:hushed::scream: Oh no, deed he just say that:smirk:

May 10, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #32,143 of 63,834
If this information already been here, i'm sorry. But i found that KZ on theirs Ali-page have posted the teaser of a fully-ba model coming this july. 16 (!) BA, and a price about $80.
Mb i am a slowpoke... anyway, here it is:
16 BA drivers and still no midrange? Merci!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back