1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Bartig
    The ATE block sound amazing! Try to put bigger tips on them. If you hear the bass well, you’ve got a good fit.

2. jeromeaparis
    It seems to me that white noise can burn in trebble BA (experimented with KZ ZS6) while pink noise did not change anything, even after 120hrs

3. snip3r77
    I got this issue with my ZS5, need to swap the cable if it's different polarity

4. SciOC
    Don't believe everything you hear about how different tips make things sound. Judge for yourself. A lot of people just don't like foam tips..... or silicon tips, or dual flange, etc.

In general I find that if you get a proper seal, changes in tonality are minimal. A good seal is also more likely to cause driver flex if you move around....

rayliam80 likes this.
  5. nxnje
    Do u think i could be ok with foam tips on the zsr?

Is there someone here who uses kz zsr with foam tips?

6. DocHoliday
    Dude......LOL........love the candor but let's hope your woman never reads this post.
    lisa_edlestein_paul_edlestein.jpg
    151215_2954743_Things_Get_Messy_for_Abby_and_Jake.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  7. DSebastiao
    Yes, but i wanted to spend below the ZST, there's a lot of options there, i already have the ZSR's on the way for me and wanted something below the ZSR that's not the ZST.

8. loomisjohnson
    i'd go for the kz ed9, which remain one of the classics and looks and feels much more expensive than its $10 pricetag--exchangeable filters a plus

9. dhruvmeena96
    I would have gone for es4.

They are really an upgrade over es3 and zst.
    They are tonally balanced and don't have any peaks. Foam tips do ruin the bass, but not by huge amount as they are very tight in decay response.

Plus they are coherent on phase to my ear.

10. groucho69
    tohether.jpg

11. Makahl
    I thought ES4 was in pre-order atm. Did you get one pair already?

12. rayliam80
    What happens in Head-Fi stays in Head-Fi :ksc75smile:

13. SciOC
    I'll throw a pair of new bees on my zsr and let you know in a bit.... I have a suspicion that it'll be fine.

14. toddy0191
    Mine shipped yesterday and I ordered them the day they went on AE so not sure how he's got them. Nice to hear they sound good.

Am back on my ED15s. Don't find them sibilant like @B9Scrambler but I remember others had their orders cancelled and reshipped so wonder if they were changed in any way???

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  15. SciOC
    The new bees work fine, a little harder to get a good seal with but I don't think I'd tell the difference in a blind set up. They might make it slightly darker sounding, but that could just be my brain.