1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. dhruvmeena96
    Well I think, your tea may be purple too.

Lol

2. dhruvmeena96
    Taiwanese

3. dhruvmeena96
    Its a grado tuning

HungryPanda likes this.
  4. dhruvmeena96
    Bro.....there are two tones in nature and science.

Fundamental tone: sound coming from the source.
    Overtone: wet, dry, cavity, and damping factor comes in play.

Dry factor is reflected signal from wall, without any change in phase(back of speaker, reflecting g it backl

Wet factor is reverb.

Cavity factor set the timing between the reverb and the volume of reverb.

Damp factor damps the tone certain frequency type, like mahagony sounds warm because it damps mids and treble, gaboon ebony sounds analytical because it damps everything making fundamental tone priority.

This all happens on the pore of wood. Now all wood have different arrangement of grains which lead to different shapes and sizes of micropore and normal pore.

These shape and sizes with those factor above change the sound.

Well open back wood headphone consider all factor except the wet factor because, there is nothing behind which get reflected. So no open headphones get affected that much by wood except grado as there way of tuning driver is very advanced

MyPants and CoiL like this.
  5. dhruvmeena96
    That's a tfz driver made in graphene and thrown in trn v10 body

6. dhruvmeena96
    Simple way of telling them

Listen to stax CD(space) for soundstage
    Timing for instruments

Listen to all stax CD and tell them how it sounds

7. dhruvmeena96
    Chinese BA do get affected

8. Tweeters
    @dhruvmeena96 You just posted seven times in a row...we appreciate your contributions but please condense your posts

9. dhruvmeena96
    Well all the post were scattered here and there and I replied one by one

10. bsoplinger
    You can collect them up as you read by just using the quote button.

11. mbwilson111
    That is actually one of the headfi rules.

That is what multi-quote is for.

Yes. multi-quote does work.

See what I did there :)

12. Sylaw
    So my Zs10s came today.. i left it to burn for about 6hrs ( i do believe in DD Breaking) , as soon as i gave it a listen i was beyond disappointing :/ . it sounded very hollow and very artificial compared to my Zs5s, Ie80s , Westone 4s. i tried to mess with the eq an it didn't work to my favor either i ended up doing what i did for my IE80 ( adding a scotch tape piece over the two vents on each side). the mid bass bloat cleared up quite well.. i have to give it more ear time to tell y'all about how it sound with the tape and without . hope y'all can try this and give feedback too :)

snip3r77 likes this.
  13. Otto Motor
    They don't sound hollow: check the cable connection/polarity and push them very very deep into your ear canal. Use the largest tips possible.

If there was something wrong, it would likely be only one of the earpieces. How to check this?
    Use an earphone splitter, connect the ZS10 and another earphone, play a mono recording, and use one earpiece of each iem simultaneously. This will tell you...

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    rayliam80 likes this.
  14. raccoon city
    I got some KZ ATE-S IEMs back in September.
    Compared to my iLuv iEP322's, the KZ ATE-S IEMs have little volume, almost no bass, and they do not block ambient noise very well.
    In other words, they aren't that great.
    I'm glad I paid only $8.14 for them.
    So disappointing.

15. Otto Motor
    Try bigger tips and push deeper into your ear canal. They are good iems.

rayliam80 and DocHoliday like this.