Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 19, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #31,037 of 63,954
It's great to know that ppl finally realise kz sucks. I'm just lucky that my first buy is my last buy , the zs5v1

More ppl should know that cheap is what kz has , be more resourceful look for other iem like t2 , tfz , meme and the likes
KZ product may not be perfect but they are certainly not cheaply made, apples to apples, I only see KZ offer good value iem.

Apr 19, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #31,038 of 63,954
Haha not really

Seriously there are better iems out there
Don't you think so ?

Of course there are. But for what they are they're great to some, not so to others. Same goes for every brand, and at every price point.

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #31,039 of 63,954
It's great to know that ppl finally realise kz sucks. I'm just lucky that my first buy is my last buy , the zs5v1

More ppl should know that cheap is what kz has , be more resourceful look for other iem like t2 , tfz , meme and the likes

Thanks for sharing....

Seriously, not sure why people post comments like this. Sorry that you feel burned by KZ, but I don't understand why you would continue to post in a KZ forum if you feel this way about KZ?

You have a right to your own opinion, but I don't share it. I own a number of non KZ iems, including the Tin Audio T2, and the KZ ZS6 is still my daily driver. With my sources, it sounds best, to me. I actually have two of them and 2 ZS5v1's, but the ZS6 wins for overall. I like the T2, but more with an amp than straight out of my phone. I like the ADV S2000 quite a bit, and also am listening a fair amount to my UISII CM5 at the moment. I have a ZS10, and ED15 and as of this morning, a Rose North Forest on order....

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #31,040 of 63,954
Of course there are. But for what they are they're great to some, not so to others. Same goes for every brand, and at every price point.

The thing is kz is too cowboy for my liking. Haphazard design , mark up and provide discount during launch and as time goes by the price might be cheaper than the discounted price.

What I wanted to say is cheap-fi doesn't need to start with kz.

Every other thread you will read feedback about piercing highs , recessed mids, shoddy qc . The antidote is to eq it, apply mods here and there .

I'm just creating an awareness that's all.

I'm satsified with my zs5v1 , I'd picked it up once in a while when I go for trips whereby it can get lost without me worrying it

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #31,041 of 63,954
How do I get one ZS5V1?

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #31,042 of 63,954
KZ ZS10 after 50 hrs of break in...

Still the same: the ZS10 sounds like a more refined ZSR with relatively unfocused bass and more recessed mids (with the iPhone 5S; bass tightens a bit when adding the audioquest dragonfly dac/amp). In comparison, the bass of the Focal Sphear and Fidue A65 is cleaner and more subtle with more present mids.

While people are jumping off the bandwagon, the ED15 hype train was delayed and is reaching town two days late [please forgive these silly puns].]

Falling-off-Bandwagon-500x300.jpg
image.png

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #31,043 of 63,954
Maybe you got a dud, so yeah their QC aint great, probably more hard then before with additional drivers. I can tell you for sure that my left sides dynamic isn't pumping any bass like my right side. Gotta contact my dealer to see whats up.
No, I didn't get a dud. And I never had any problems with the manufacturing of a KZ earphone. It is just one more of (almost) the same.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #31,044 of 63,954

KZ's aren't perfect, and yes there are way better choices available. But there sure are WORSE choices out there.

If a $4 EDR1 introduces someone to the world of HiFi, or wakes someone up from the fact that there's life outside of the Skullcandy isle at Best Buy, or is all a starving student can afford until they are out of school, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with KZ in my book. I see it as a perfectly valid starting point for a lot of people in this hobby. Just like starting off with cheaper $50 bottle of Scotch to learn about it and acquire a taste for it is a hell of a lot smarter than spending $10k on your very 1st bottle of Scotch, when you don't even know if you like Scotch yet (nor can appreciate a $10k bottle).

If you dislike KZ as much as you say you do, is it worth hanging out in a thread solely dedicated to KZ impressions?

BTW, those ZS5 v1 of yours are in very high demand. You could easily sell them, and wash your hands of KZ once and for all.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #31,045 of 63,954
KZ ZS10 after 50 hrs of break in...

Still the same: the ZS10 sounds like a more refined ZSR with relatively unfocused bass and more recessed mids (with the iPhone 5S; bass tightens a bit when adding the audioquest dragonfly dac/amp). In comparison, the bass of the Focal Sphear and Fidue A65 is cleaner and more subtle with more present mids.

While people are jumping off the bandwagon, the ED15 hype train was delayed and is reaching town two days late.

I hope ED15 is better since there are only 2 drivers inside. There is less chance to screw up versus ZS10.

There are so many things that could go wrong with multi-drivers and crossover. Each and every driver has to be soldered correctly and the crossover has to be tested separately. I am not sure whether KZ tests each earphone after assembly.

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #31,046 of 63,954

I don't think KZ sucks...or bites. They just did not tune the ZS10 to my taste. The ZSR is very similar but I really love it. There is a thin line between love and hate :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #31,047 of 63,954
I hope ED15 is better since there are only 2 drivers inside. There is less chance to screw up versus ZS10.

There are so many things that could go wrong with multi-drivers and crossover. Each and every driver has to be soldered correctly and the crossover has to be tested separately. I am not sure whether KZ tests each earphone after assembly.

Heck, plenty of IEM companies totally botch up single dynamics beyond words, and they only have ONE driver. So that's no more or less consolation haha

pee-cola.jpg

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #31,048 of 63,954
The thing is kz is too cowboy for my liking. Haphazard design , mark up and provide discount during launch and as time goes by the price might be cheaper than the discounted price.

What I wanted to say is cheap-fi doesn't need to start with kz.

Every other thread you will read feedback about piercing highs , recessed mids, shoddy qc . The antidote is to eq it, apply mods here and there .

I'm just creating an awareness that's all.

I'm satsified with my zs5v1 , I'd picked it up once in a while when I go for trips whereby it can get lost without me worrying it

People wouldn't mind much if you had beef with some models, as with many people around here (despite being a KZ thread)

collectively calling "KZ sucks" is pushing it when there's stuff like the ED9, EDR1 and ZSR around.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #31,049 of 63,954
nt

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #31,050 of 63,954
I dunno about y'all, but you'd have to pry my ZS5 v1's from my cold dead hands.

I'd take my ZS5 v1s over my HD 6XX. Well worth my $18. Leagues better than other popular IEMs like my old Piston 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back