Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 15, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #26,357 of 63,836
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #26,358 of 63,836
When did you ordered your ZS3 from GB? I ordered an extra pair on October 4 but I sold it sealed last month, (Nov 10). I kinda regret it seeling now after these issues popping out.

ordered Nov 17
i go them week ago now.
i ordered another ZS3 hopin it will be not defective on on Dec 13,few days ago.

lets hope batch from dec 13 will be better.
(The ZS3 is amazing! very good seal for me and sound just feels right, i did not want to take them of, so i ended up listening whole Dire straits album in one go...
too bad they got defective and broke the very first day.

(GB refunded me 5 usd, ordered another one straight away,with no insurance,that was my only mistake this time (no refunds if this is broke too)
Cheers!

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #26,359 of 63,836
ordered Nov 17
i go them week ago now.

(The ZS3 is amazing! very good seal for me and sound just feels right, i did not want to take them of, so i ended up listening whole Dire straits album in one go...

(GB refunded me 5 usd, ordered another one straight away,with no insurance,that was my only mistake this time (no refunds if this is broke too)
Cheers!
I'll wait for your order to arrive If it's all good then maybe I'll get another pair.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #26,360 of 63,836

Nothing too fancy. An old 4556 opamp, Alps 10k pot, 4.7uf admission caps. And a virtual ground circuit, connected to 2 9v batts or a 24v DC transf. Like the Grado RA1. Or a hyped Cmoy...

COOL!!!

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #26,361 of 63,836
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #26,362 of 63,836
Bought them both less than two months ago from Aliexpress and Gearbest (I've actually gone through 3 different ATE and just bought 3 new pairs to gift them over christmas).

I hear the ATR as slightly more balanced and narrower, but it's a really small difference.
You, Sir, are totally correct imo! The difference is slightly enhanced with lower impedance cable.
I got my most recent ATE about 1 month ago and it looks like 5th gen still (I have opened it up, modded and finally removed drivers for another mod (ZS3 shells being used).
Not so sure but it seems that latest 5th gen batch has slightly larger nozzle inner diameter than before. Can`t confirm 100% cuz I`ve thrown away all my ATE shells from previous mods.
But it seems it translates into more similar sound to ATR which has different drivers.
But I still prefer ATE 5th gen from all DD KZs over others (in modified configuration).

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #26,363 of 63,836
Same here!

i hope the second one i ordered wont be bad.
it seems that it will be bad too, same batch that gearbest has..

Haha. I am good. Another member needs help with repairing his ZS3 though.

ordered Nov 17
i go them week ago now.

Cheers!

The ones I ordered when they were on sale for $2.99 haven't arrived yet. If they die after I receive them, I'll open them up and try and find out what the problem is (and how to fix it). Could be as simple as a bad solder joint or loose wire.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #26,364 of 63,836
The ones I ordered when they were on sale for $2.99 haven't arrived yet. If they die after I receive them, I'll open them up and try and find out what the problem is (and how to fix it). Could be as simple as a bad solder joint or loose wire.

Cool! I know this may be too much to ask, but it would be perfect you also make a video about it showing the problem and how to fix it :D

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #26,365 of 63,836
I ordered a pair the middle of last month from GearBest, been using them for a few weeks. Luckily, both sides are still at 100%...

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #26,366 of 63,836
Dec 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #26,367 of 63,836
Btw, got my ZS5 SPOFC cable from NiceHCK. For such price - unbeliveable quality!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ed-Plated-Silver-Cable-2-PIN/32738979652.html

Angled 2-pin ends + braided jack side cable + angled 90' jack - all as I like!
I just hope this cable doesn`t turn green over time like my Tennmak upgrade cable (actually not silver plated) which I use with 4in1.
But I think this cable is real silver plating like my MMCX SPOFC cable from HCK which hasn`t turned green and looks same silverish.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #26,368 of 63,836
Well that’s not a good sign at all.

So it’s always the right earpiece that’s died on all of them? How odd...
I received my ES3, and ZST order from GB last night, and the left earpiece in the ZST is very faint, not sure what to expect when i open them up. I will scour the threads, I would imagine @Slater has had something similar to the ZST open.
The ES3 was an impulse buy, i will check them out this weekend.

Let the modding begin!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #26,369 of 63,836
This is the cable I have for my Green KZ ZS6. I like it. Mine is the grey option. It also comes in orange or gold (looks yellow).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...Cable-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable/32822699895.html

HTB1D7bISXXXXXbVaFXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back