Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #16,951 of 64,395
Zare maybe the source you have them on? Maybe try other tips. Did you have other players to see if there is a difference? If not try pink noise and music at your listening volume for about 80 hrs.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #16,952 of 64,395
Hi, I'm choosing between the ZS3 and the ZST ($2 price difference on AE) for my first KZ headphones, and it's safe to say it will also be my first proper audiophile pair, considering my past headphones were Coloud's Pop and Boom. I'm only gonna be using it on my phone with Viper4Android and Dolby Atmos. Is it worth it to get the ZST for $2 more or I'm better off with the slightly cheaper ZS3? And is there any difference on the sound quality of ZST carbon and candy edition?

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #16,954 of 64,395
Hi, I'm choosing between the ZS3 and the ZST ($2 price difference on AE) for my first KZ headphones, and it's safe to say it will also be my first proper audiophile pair, considering my past headphones were Coloud's Pop and Boom. I'm only gonna be using it on my phone with Viper4Android and Dolby Atmos. Is it worth it to get the ZST for $2 more or I'm better off with the slightly cheaper ZS3? And is there any difference on the sound quality of ZST carbon and candy edition?

Go with the ZST if you want more treble. ZS3 if you want a bassinet sound profile.

Carbon and colorful editions should sound the same.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #16,955 of 64,395

This might help

The ZST is 'audiophile' better clarity and quite a sharp treble that some say is too sharp. The ZS3 is a lo-fi hero is great with poor recordings, what it lacks in detail it makes up with in terms of musicality. Buy one now the other next month, it's the head-fi way 
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #16,956 of 64,395

This might help

The ZST is 'audiophile' better clarity and quite a sharp treble that some say is too sharp. The ZS3 is a lo-fi hero is great with poor recordings, what it lacks in detail it makes up with in terms of musicality. Buy one now the other next month, it's the head-fi way 
wink.gif

My ears are too sensitive to harsh treble, I have found the ZS3 to have sometimes too high treble so imagine if I take the ZST!!
Perhaps I have the hearings of dogs lol

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #16,957 of 64,395
http://www.headfonia.com/review-knowledge-zenith-kz-atr-budget-miracle/2/
I`ve been telling ya - ATR sounds very good and way above its price point. I should send HF my modded ATE lol
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #16,958 of 64,395

I don't recommend the ZS3, it sounds "confused" to my ears. The bass bleeds into the low mids and there's some chops in the FR. The ZST is clearly a bright IEM and I know no alternative on the price range, whereas the ZS3 is bassy and there's better alternatives on the cheap like hybrid pistons or sony mh1.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #16,959 of 64,395

I don't recommend the ZS3, it sounds "confused" to my ears. The bass bleeds into the low mids and there's some chops in the FR. The ZST is clearly a bright IEM and I know no alternative on the price range, whereas the ZS3 is bassy and there's better alternatives on the cheap like hybrid pistons or sony mh1.

The ZS3 without stock filters are much brighter and bass is 30% less heavy so no more bleeding into mids.
The red stock filters are too thick like a sort of rubber, that's why it increase the boom room effect in a way it can be annoying for some of us, taking the stock filter out with a needle is the mod to do to have non-basshead configuration, that doesn't mean you will not have enough bass, the bass quantity will still be high but not bleeding or hurting your ears

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #16,961 of 64,395

The ZS3 without stock filters are much brighter and bass is 30% less heavy so no more bleeding into mids.
The red stock filters are too thick like a sort of rubber, that's why it increase the boom room effect in a way it can be annoying for some of us, taking the stock filter out with a needle is the mod to do to have non-basshead configuration, that doesn't mean you will not have enough bass, the bass quantity will still be high but not bleeding or hurting your ears

Sounds interesting. Didn't try this yet :)

Funnily through a DAP (Fiio X1 II/Shanling M1) I don't find the bloat an issue. I like ATR but I find that you need a DAP with more power than smartphones to drive it best for resolution, frequency extension and spatial imaging.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #16,963 of 64,395
Damn it. the ZST price went up $5,I guess I'll get the ZS3 now. Is the ATR really that bad? They're half the price of the ZS3 though. I've read that the ZS3 is similar to the ATR but with more bass.

The ATR need BI time about 80hr before they shine. What gear is it going to be hoooked up to? ATE is great too. Check ebay as well.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #16,965 of 64,395
Just on a phone with Viper4Android and Dolby Atmos.

You should be fine with ATE or ATR for good bass if you want more bass get the ZS3 or Rock Zircon. Depends on the music you listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back