Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 3, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #16,967 of 64,395
Whats the best bass or all around Knowledge Zenith right now?

I only tried the ED7 & ED9.

- The ED7 is perfect in every way. You get punchy bass, forward mids and smooth highs. They just sound natural. The soundstage is surprisingly good as well. They're super light bamboo erbuds so the comfort is excellent.
- The ED9 sounds hollow, thin, artificial with harsh highs and boosted bass. People on this forum still praise them because they like boosted treble. They're made out of heavy metal so they fall out of the ear more easily.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #16,968 of 64,395
Apr 3, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #16,969 of 64,395
- The ED9 sounds hollow, thin, artificial with harsh highs and boosted bass. People on this forum still praise them because they like boosted treble. They're made out of heavy metal so they fall out of the ear more easily.

Assumptions are not becoming of you. People praise them because they perform well; good detail retrieval, excellent bass response, clean mid-range, etc. etc. etc. They do things most budget earphones don't. You've got lots of issues with them, that's clear, but saying the only reason they are liked is because of boosted treble? That's extremely ignorant, shortsighted, and makes huge assumptions about others in the thread. Not cool.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #16,971 of 64,395
If I go with the ED7, which to take, the smaller or bigger ones?
I only tried the ED7 & ED9.

- The ED7 is perfect in every way. You get punchy bass, forward mids and smooth highs. They just sound natural. The soundstage is surprisingly good as well. They're super light bamboo erbuds so the comfort is excellent.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #16,974 of 64,395
  Which do you think are the best? from your suggestion or from what people suggested?

In no particular order;

ZS3 (bassy, warm)
ZST (w-shaped, high energy, somewhat fatiguing)
ED9 (w/brass one of the closest to neutral KZ's you can get - w/gold similar to ED10 but not as good all-around)
ED10 (v-shaped, warm)
ATR (balanced, warm)

These are the ones I recommend most. Not my favorites though. ZS3 is the most technically capable of their bassy sets, just not the bassiest. They take EQ well if you want to add in more low end. As long as you can get the fit down, they'd be a great choice. The RX is actually another great option I forgot about. It performs nearly as well as the ZS3, but with a more traditional housing. Seems like they're gone from AliExpress though :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #16,975 of 64,395
I see alot of youtubers are "praising" the ATE's but no one here recommended them, why is that so?

In no particular order;

ZS3 (bassy, warm)
ED9 (w/brass one of the closest to neutral KZ's you can get - w/gold similar to ED10 but not as good all-around)
ED10 (v-shaped, warm)
ATR (balanced, warm)

These are the ones I recommend most. Not my favorites though. ZS3 is the most technically capable of their bassy sets, just not the bassiest. They take EQ well if you want to add in more low end. As long as you can get the fit down, they'd be a great choice. The RX is actually another great option I forgot about. It performs nearly as well as the ZS3, but with a more traditional housing. Seems like they're gone from AliExpress though :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #16,976 of 64,395
I think I will get the ED9, ZS3 and ED7. may replace or just buy also the ATE's after someone explains me about them. Thank you for taking your time to write :D
Edit: there are also ATE-S, whats the diffrence between the regular ATE's?

In no particular order;

ZS3 (bassy, warm)
ED10 (v-shaped, warm)
ATR (balanced, warm)

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #16,978 of 64,395
I see alot of youtubers are "praising" the ATE's but no one here recommended them, why is that so?

Look a page back I recommended them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back