Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #16,936 of 64,190
Very slowly & carefully so you don't nick the actual IEM wires.

The memory wire is just a piece of thin bendable solid wire in a piece of heat shrink. You can use anything that cuts to snip through the heat shrink, from your teeth to a razor to nail clippers.
I've done it the results are pretty comfy and not irritating the ears anymore thanks

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #16,937 of 64,190
I've done it the results are pretty comfy and not irritating the ears anymore thanks

How dare you picpicpic. In other news the ATR NOW = Treble. Finally. I tried the RZ tips on the ZS3 and other iem's I've collected over the years SO nice and comfier and bassy too. I gotta get those tips they ReallY sound great because of the bigger hole. I gotta tell you my old UE5 grey cable sound great still. They survived water damage and still managed to dry out and sound great.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #16,938 of 64,190
How dare you picpicpic. In other news the ATR NOW = Treble. Finally. I tried the RZ tips on the ZS3 and other iem's I've collected over the years SO nice and comfier and bassy too. I gotta get those tips they ReallY sound great because of the bigger hole. I gotta tell you my old UE5 grey cable sound great still. They survived water damage and still managed to dry out and sound great.
nice you actually got to be able to hear the atr's treble for quite long though, how long do you bi the atr and tell me the results was quite good. If you want little more comfy just remove the memory wire from the zs3 and it's even better without the memory on zs3. The pros are they're easy to insert without need to bend the wire across your ear and they're not hurt your ears anymore when you listening to them for long periods of time.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #16,939 of 64,190

Awesome, glad you got them removed without issue.

I remove the memory wires on some of my units, and leave them on others. And then there are others that I wish had them!

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #16,940 of 64,190
nice you actually got to be able to hear the atr's treble for quite long though, how long do you bi the atr and tell me the results was quite good. If you want little more comfy just remove the memory wire from the zs3 and it's even better without the memory on zs3. The pros are they're easy to insert without need to bend the wire across your ear and they're not hurt your ears anymore when you listening to them for long periods of time.

I think afternBI with the ATR i listened and treble was a bit short last week. Took them out tonight to see if they sound better with the RZ tips and they did then i tried the normal tip i used and still treble was much better i guess sitting in the bag they opened up more. Dunno just sounds way better. Looks like they dont sell the RZ tips tried gearbest and ali. Nothing nada. I might just get the white version ofthe RZ. Ive used the Sony hybrids for years. Those RZ tips are better. YEAH. Memory thing does not bother me.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #16,941 of 64,190
I think afternBI with the ATR i listened and treble was a bit short last week. Took them out tonight to see if they sound better with the RZ tips and they did then i tried the normal tip i used and still treble was much better i guess sitting in the bag they opened up more. Dunno just sounds way better. Looks like they dont sell the RZ tips tried gearbest and ali. Nothing nada. I might just get the white version ofthe RZ. Ive used the Sony hybrids for years. Those RZ tips are better. YEAH. Memory thing does not bother me.
ok how do you rank the atr in top 10 list.i just use the stock tips that came with the atr and it work well i don't know how the other tips sound different,to me all the tips that i use doesn't make any noticeable to the sound.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #16,944 of 64,190
Have they stopped making the ed10s for good?

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #16,946 of 64,190
I ordered ZST from gearbest  through Netherlands post registered service, it's been over 5 days now, and tracking number still listed as "The item is pre-advised". As i understood, it means that package was not sent to the post yet. I opened ticket on gearbest, they didn't answer anything meaningful. Is this normal? Does this means that my parcel is still not shipped?

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #16,947 of 64,190
I ordered ZST from gearbest  through Netherlands post registered service, it's been over 5 days now, and tracking number still listed as "The item is pre-advised". As i understood, it means that package was not sent to the post yet. I opened ticket on gearbest, they didn't answer anything meaningful. Is this normal? Does this means that my parcel is still not shipped?
what it mean is the seller needs time to prepare your item before they ship to the carrier service. Yes this is normal this actually takes about 3 week or more depand what the seller choose the transport to shipped your parcel by airplane or ship if you got by airplane chances are you get the parcel early if got them by ship u have to wait more time like 30 days to arrive.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #16,948 of 64,190
ok how do you rank the atr in top 10 list.i just use the stock tips that came with the atr and it work well i don't know how the other tips sound different,to me all the tips that i use doesn't make any noticeable to the sound.

The RZ tip you will notice better vocals highs and bass is clearer to my ears.
JB's top iem 2017 so far.
ZST/RZ(Bass pounder dang. No boom Shakalaka)natural sounding and clear detail. Tight Bass. To my ears no need for BI.
Z$3 YES awesome bass spacey. At least 50hr BI or more.
ATE-ATR tie Natural sound need time to open up at least 80hrs or more.
ED3 acme-ED9 tie Fun spacious sound the bass/treble eventually is there without har$hness(treble)just needs 80 + hrs.
I only have these KZ's alas no top 10. ED3 s not here yet.

New ATR review: http://www.headfonia.com/review-knowledge-zenith-kz-atr-budget-miracle/

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #16,949 of 64,190
I've been enjoying the KZ ZST a lot lately but I can detect some ringing/harshness in the 3k-8k range. Since the ED12 is like the same without the BA I was wondering if it removed some of the ringing, has anyone tried both of them ? The ZS3 was not good for me, something about the shape makes me hurt or requires frequent adjustment to seal properly. However, the ZST fit is superb.

And also, what is the consensus about the 4 versions of the ATE ? I already have the regular ATE incoming but I'm curious about how it compares to the HD9. From what I can understand the ATR is almost the same and the ATE-S stands for sport with the cable earhook.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #16,950 of 64,190
  I've been enjoying the KZ ZST a lot lately but I can detect some ringing/harshness in the 3k-8k range. Since the ED12 is like the same without the BA I was wondering if it removed some of the ringing, has anyone tried both of them ? The ZS3 was not good for me, something about the shape makes me hurt or requires frequent adjustment to seal properly. However, the ZST fit is superb.

And also, what is the consensus about the 4 versions of the ATE ? I already have the regular ATE incoming but I'm curious about how it compares to the HD9. From what I can understand the ATR is almost the same and the ATE-S stands for sport with the cable earhook.

​I have the ED12 and my opinion and most others here is that the ED12 is not one of KZs better sounding earphones.   Why don't you wait and see how you like the ATE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back