Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 31, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #16,922 of 64,190
I have small ears too they hurt a bit then after while the ZS3 are good. I have yet to use the starline tips that came with the ZST on the ZS3 may try them soon. Maybe attach a bit of foam on the ZS3 body to ease the pain?

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #16,923 of 64,190
Ok tested again this time with Flac and 320kbps songs.
Obviously the bass is much lower now, the boom room effect is totally gone!!
Though the problem now is that treble (highs) are too harsh now, you will definitely need to decrease them with  an equalizer.
I replaced the red filters with the Hifiman ones, it didn't change the sound at all but now it's protected against dust and dirt.
So to conclude: With the red filters the ZS3 are too boomy with a very slight harsh highs for people who aren't bassheads  the fix is to use of an equalizer to reduce bass and slightly treble.
Without the red filters, bassheads will not like it because they will loose the full boom effect so this mod is non-sense to them, but for others they will still have to use an equalizer to reduce even more treble but they can keep bass untouched this time.

See how transparent are the Hifiman filters while the KZ are thick

Glad you like them better. The treble is gonna smooth out with time used. Where do i get those hifi tips? Got a link?

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #16,925 of 64,190
I have them from the Hifiman RE 262 box (got them 4 years ago)
Dunno if you can buy them on aliexpress
Why not doing some holes in the red filters?

Did not find them. Just wanted to try them out. No biggie though i clean my iem often.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #16,926 of 64,190
OH. Got a package on the table could it be the KZ ED3? Will report later.:)
EDIT. Its not the ED3 s. Whoa these are in the same league as the ZS3 perhaps better and more comfy. Played a bunch of gens and they are versatile. Jazz Pop Classical Latin amazing sq and truly out the box sounds great. Might do some music over night to see if they sound any better. I like the plug alot and the rope type cord. BASS is amazing and does not overpower anything. These got here quick from China.10 days dang fast. Guess the iem?

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #16,927 of 64,190
OH. Got a package on the table could it be the KZ ED3? Will report later.:)
EDIT. Its not the ED3 s. Whoa these are in the same league as the ZS3 perhaps better and more comfy. Played a bunch of gens and they are versatile. Jazz Pop Classical Latin amazing sq and truly out the box sounds great. Might do some music over night to see if they sound any better. I like the plug alot and the rope type cord. BASS is amazing and does not overpower anything. These got here quick from China.10 days dang fast. Guess the iem?
well not ed3 and wat it is then?

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #16,928 of 64,190
Glad you like them better. The treble is gonna smooth out with time used. Where do i get those hifi tips? Got a link?

About the treble, I just burned the ZS3 at max volume for 4 hours yesterday on my Cowon J3, tried them again on my HTC 10 it was indeed smoother, then I chose ''Other'' instead of HTC studio earphones in the Boomsound menu and the treble is nearly perfect now!!! No need for an equalizer anymore.
Bass is high enough for my taste, deep and detailed and boomy when it should in some songs (not like before creating a fake boom room effect with any song), mids are finally liberated as bass doesn't bleed in anymore.
Will give it more time, but from the sound of it this mod is the one you should do if you are not a basshead and want to enjoy your ZS3 to the max

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #16,930 of 64,190
well not ed3 and wat it is then?

Rock Zircon amazing the tips are also fantastic. They are wider and fit just perfect. Im gonna try thr tips on the ZS3 and see if the comfort is just as good. Get a pair NOW you won't regret them. Darn ED3 taking a long time. If not here by next week gonna ask for a refund.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #16,931 of 64,190
About the treble, I just burned the ZS3 at max volume for 4 hours yesterday on my Cowon J3, tried them again on my HTC 10 it was indeed smoother, then I chose ''Other'' instead of HTC studio earphones in the Boomsound menu and the treble is nearly perfect now!!! No need for an equalizer anymore.
Bass is high enough for my taste, deep and detailed and boomy when it should in some songs (not like before creating a fake boom room effect with any song), mids are finally liberated as bass doesn't bleed in anymore.
Will give it more time, but from the sound of it this mod is the one you should do if you are not a basshead and want to enjoy your ZS3 to the max

Glad they worked out for ya. NOW get the Rock Zircon and be even more content.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #16,932 of 64,190
Anyone know how remove the memory wire on the zs3?.

Very slowly & carefully so you don't nick the actual IEM wires.

The memory wire is just a piece of thin bendable solid wire in a piece of heat shrink. You can use anything that cuts to snip through the heat shrink, from your teeth to a razor to nail clippers.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #16,933 of 64,190
Glad they worked out for ya. NOW get the Rock Zircon and be even more content.

The MEMT X5 are nice too. They rank right up there with the Zircon.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #16,934 of 64,190
The MEMT X5 are nice too. They rank right up there with the Zircon.

No mo IEM's slater think I'm good for now. I await your review on the ZSR though. The Joyroom and 900i should be here a week or so. I wanna see what the Joyroom do. Those RZ tip I may order a few if I can find them.:xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back