Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #16,906 of 63,980
And compared to the ones posted by vegetaleb 2 pages back, they look as wide for less bass but you said it has a better seal, you mean a seal on the iem or in the ear canals?

Yeah, I saw vegetaleb's photo, but I don't think he said where they came from.

As far as my 'better seal' comment, I meant ear canal. The KZ Turbos have the same size bottom part as the Starlines (ie the part that fits onto the IEM nozzle). It seems to be the most common size out there (pretty sure it's 5mm).

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #16,908 of 63,980
Makes them a bit clearer to me. Just use a needle to take it out. If you don't like stick them back on. Just a bit of shrill nothing that harsh. Just want to leave some music playing for a couple of days SO they open up some.

Thanks!
Tried it with my ZS3, and dunno if it's placebo or not but bass was less muddy and mids were like liberated!!
Put it back and the muddy bass was too, it looks like the red filter is too thick and increase the feeling of boom bass
So if you are a basshead keep the red filter, for people like me who want a slightly less boomy bass it's perfect.
Though I have to do further test, I will try with the thin filter from Hifiman

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #16,909 of 63,980

Thanks!
Tried it with my ZS3, and dunno if it's placebo or not but bass was less muddy and mids were like liberated!!
Put it back and the muddy bass was too, it looks like the red filter is too thick and increase the feeling of boom bass
So if you are a basshead keep the red filter, for people like me who want a slightly less boomy bass it's perfect.
Though I have to do further test, I will try with the thin filter from Hifiman

Red filter? On the KZ ZS3?

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #16,910 of 63,980
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #16,911 of 63,980
The red piece of foam that is installed in the nozzle. He removed it.

Hmmm, never really messed with that because I didn't want to leave the red screen out.

Does the red screen go back in, or are you guys leaving it out altogether?

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #16,912 of 63,980
  Hmmm, never really messed with that because I didn't want to leave the red screen out.

Does the red screen go back in, or are you guys leaving it out altogether?

Well you can take it out and put it back very easily, it's like a piece of rubber and it still has stickiness even after taking it out, now if you are afraid that dust go inside then you could stick a much thinner filter from another iem.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #16,913 of 63,980
Ok tested again this time with Flac and 320kbps songs.
Obviously the bass is much lower now, the boom room effect is totally gone!!
Though the problem now is that treble (highs) are too harsh now, you will definitely need to decrease them with  an equalizer.
I replaced the red filters with the Hifiman ones, it didn't change the sound at all but now it's protected against dust and dirt.
So to conclude: With the red filters the ZS3 are too boomy with a very slight harsh highs for people who aren't bassheads  the fix is to use of an equalizer to reduce bass and slightly treble.
Without the red filters, bassheads will not like it because they will loose the full boom effect so this mod is non-sense to them, but for others they will still have to use an equalizer to reduce even more treble but they can keep bass untouched this time.

See how transparent are the Hifiman filters while the KZ are thick

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #16,915 of 63,980
Oh boy this zs3 are hurting my ears for a couple minutes of wearing them.Have anybody had the same problem with zs3?.

Contrary:
ZS3 fit like a glove, ZST and ATR are not wearable for more than a few minutes. 
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #16,916 of 63,980
Contrary:
ZS3 fit like a glove, ZST and ATR are not wearable for more than a few minutes. :blink:
with my ears the zs3 are hell hurt like shoving my ear with rock but with the atr im okay with it not hurt and can wear them like a day with no problem.Maybe i have small ears that didn't fit the zs3 i think thats the case thats hurt my ears.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #16,917 of 63,980
with my ears the zs3 are hell hurt like shoving my ear with rock but with the atr im okay with it not hurt and can wear them like a day with no problem.Maybe i have small ears that didn't fit the zs3 i think thats the case thats hurt my ears.

Which tips are you using? I find the stock ZS3 tips painful after some time. Using them with the ZST Star tips are better, but still get uncomfortable after an hour or so. For me it's foam all the way. Once the foam is in they both the ZS3 and ZST disappear into my head.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #16,918 of 63,980
Which tips are you using? I find the stock ZS3 tips painful after some time. Using them with the ZST Star tips are better, but still get uncomfortable after an hour or so. For me it's foam all the way. Once the foam is in they both the ZS3 and ZST disappear into my head.
yea i tried the stock tips which is nothing problem with it but i think the part that hurt my ears are the shape and the cable,the cable is very hard and the shape is too bulky my ear are small btw yea thats the problem but i will try foam tips to see any difference .

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #16,919 of 63,980
yea i tried the stock tips which is nothing problem with it but i think the part that hurt my ears are the shape and the cable,the cable is very hard and the shape is too bulky my ear are small btw yea thats the problem but i will try foam tips to see any difference .

For me foam is the (only) way to go. I don't get a good seal without foam tips on any of the KZ earbuds.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #16,920 of 63,980
Oh boy this zs3 are hurting my ears for a couple minutes of wearing them.Have anybody had the same problem with zs3?.

Part of my ear hurts sometimes too, though I only feel it after an hour of so of wearing zs3. For reference, here's the part where I feel that slight pain

(picture source: google images)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back