Klipsch s4i or s4i (ii)?
Nov 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lilfilboi123

New Head-Fier
HI, i am new to this forum and have been wondering about a question. I originally decided on buying the updated s4i (ii) model for its better flat line cable design for 100 bucks, but I've found a really good price for the older s4i model ($65) and was wondering if the price difference was really worth it. I know everythings pretty much the same aside from the new cord, but is it worth 35 dollars? I do tend to overwork my earphone cables (not on purpose). I sleep with them on and roll around the bed and stuff, and id like to go running with these new earphones as well, but is the new redesign really going to help me? will they last longer and are they more durable? 

Thanks in advance!

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 4
The previous S4 was known for being notoriously weak, especially around the housing. I've heard the updated version fixes a lot of the weak points of the S4, but to be honest, I think you're much better off with a Shure SE215, Vsonic GR06, Etymotic MC5, and others. The S4 never really impressed me as a good sounding product, but it isn't a bad sounding product as well.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for your response planx. Are there any recommendations for in ear headphones with apple controls and a mic? I use this almost everyday and can live without it. And I'd like to keep the price under $100

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thank you for your response planx. Are there any recommendations for in ear headphones with apple controls and a mic? I use this almost everyday and can live without it. And I'd like to keep the price under $100

The Audeo Perfect Bass 022 should be one of the best budget IEMs money can buy at the moment. Just be sure to get either the Black or Grey filters separately as the Perfect Bass doesn't come with different sets. With the 022, either grey and/or black filters, and extra tips if you need it, it might be a little over your budget, but I can't think of anything that sounds just as good as the 022 (the 012, 022, PFE 112, 122 are all identical minus the color scheme and Mic). Maybe the Brainwavs/Fisher B2/DBA-02, but that too is roughly in the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back