Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 27, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #3,646 of 10,126
See the single small bass port in middle side LSA HP2 and the GH50 Has two larger bass ports . the internal cup scoup is also different and more complicated on GH50 than that of the LSAHP2 for those two ports- they do not sound identical. The GH50 modded the way I did it sounds the best for me of any closed back bar none I ever heard. The LSAHP2 can not be bass modded like the GH50 can (at your own risk too) - The fluffy flat flexible dots mod can be made on both models however- to same result. The music is pin point accurate with fluffy dots stops and starts on a dime (flat fluffy dot mod is my mod- I have not tested the new foam dots on the JM Edition yet but I did order one and it should be here shortly for me to compare) - I will make a new review comparing mine and theirs but I listen with my ears- Kennerton tuned the GH50 with graphs and ears- so it should be better for their taste. Everyone has different flavors they like. Ah yea- the LSA is only ONE color the GH50 comes in 4 colors/models. I understand the GH50 JM Edition has softer leather and silky smooth glossy finish where the GH50 regular has matte finish.
What closed backs have you heard? I don't know if I miss that from your review, sorry if so.

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #3,648 of 10,126
What closed backs have you heard? I don't know if I miss that from your review, sorry if so.
I never mentioned it in my review but I have friends and tried many at shows- I owned a few for less than a month. Some I have used or compared are: Mr Speakers Aeon Flow, Focal Elegia, ZMF Verite, Fostex TH-900, Denon AH-D9200 - GH50 modded as in my review are my end all be all best sounding most used headphones I have ever heard be it open back closed or IEM, the Thekks are my favorite planar and are just as popular with my rotation (well when I get them BACK from Kennerton and my Ray Samuels Apache Amp (which should be tomorrow I hope!!!) from Ray- both are out being serviced/checked)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #3,649 of 10,126
Thanks for your answer... Amazed that you preferred them over the VCs and the AH-D9200 :astonished: I don't know if I can buy them in Europe (I think that you can only buy in the Kennerton web).

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #3,650 of 10,126
Thanks for your answer... Amazed that you preferred them over the VCs and the AH-D9200 :astonished: I don't know if I can buy them in Europe (I think that you can only buy in the Kennerton web).
I prefer them more yes- I am clear and no apologies - The Denons are close but they don't have the build allure and the ZMF VC I am not alone at all - if you pour through the threads here you can see others commenting they preferred the Kennertons more. The Focal Stellia is another I didn't mention- and that is b/c I only had limited time with them BUT I had a feeling they were not good long term - you know a go to enjoyable fatigue free sound companions like the GH50s.... the Modded GH50s are my go to seems like I use them too much - maybe I need to join HA (Headphones Anonymous)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #3,652 of 10,126
They send to Europe using UPS; bought 2 headphones from them this year: Magni and Vali. Besides that there are multiple importers located in Europe which are listed here: Partners - Kennerton Audio Equipment

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #3,653 of 10,126
They send to Europe using UPS; bought 2 headphones from them this year: Magni and Vali. Besides that there are multiple importers located in Europe which are listed here: Partners - Kennerton Audio Equipment
Thank you very much, even a shop in Madrid :smile: ... When I finally have here a Sony Z7 and a Denon AH-D9200, it will be time to renew my DAC and AMP, but later on maybe I'll try a GH or a Magni :dt880smile:

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #3,655 of 10,126
That is what she said :wink: I am sure they are very similar but different designs on the cups should play some factor. Also maybe an illusion but they look flatter then the GH50? less space behind the driver or is the driver further away on the GH-50?

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #3,657 of 10,126
1603918500378.png

Whenever people get JM Editions in. Can someone try these EQ settings. I think these sound better to me, but also i'm kinda noob so it'd be fun to see what other people think.

Oct 28, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #3,658 of 10,126
Yes yes
My phones/amp dac don’t need it but I can hear what u mean I tried it- we all get used to the way we like it I guess. I can say my GH50s are coming so I will certainly compared the two and your eq tweak.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #3,659 of 10,126
Yes yes
My phones/amp dac don’t need it but I can hear what u mean I tried it- we all get used to the way we like it I guess. I can say my GH50s are coming so I will certainly compared the two and your eq tweak.

Yeah at least for my pair it brings in that vocal energy i thought was missing. Also gives it some room to breath

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #3,660 of 10,126
1603918500378.png

Whenever people get JM Editions in. Can someone try these EQ settings. I think these sound better to me, but also i'm kinda noob so it'd be fun to see what other people think.
It is best to set the pre-amp level to -5db in your case, you now have a slight chance of distortion because you amplify some frequencies by 5db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back